X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HOLD THE LINE - Intercepted communications

To: <REDACTED>
    Subject: Hope all is well this holiday season

We've been stationed up here at <REDACTED> for three weeks, and the most dangerous thing we've seen is one of the native snakes, sunning itself on the rocks and h-barriers. I’m not sure if they are poisonous, but they sure are ugly. Some of the guys complained "It’s too quiet", and we laughed at them for showing their nerves. Well nobody is laughing now.

The first sign that it wasn't business as usual was when our resupply chopper didn't turn up at <REDACTED> as expected. Then, as the morning sun began to bake moisture out of the parched earth, we saw our jets roaring out <REDACTED> at full burn. They flew as if the creatures of their worst nightmares were hot on their heels, wave after wave heading out all morning, weapons racks heavy with missiles. I don't recall seeing any come back.

Then the thunder started. Distant at first but growing louder and louder until we knew somebody was really taking a beating. Sergeant Copeland says it sounded like naval gunfire, the old salt would most likely know.

Later, word got around that the Captain had got through to HQ, but all they told him was to stay put, hunker down and hold the line. So that’s what we are going to do, we're going to hold the line, whatever they throw at us.

I hope all is well back at home this holiday season. If we make it through the next few days, that will be holiday present enough for me.

With love,

<REDACTED>

Re: HOLD THE LINE - Intercepted communications

On Saturday evening we will be holding a practice/training session on the artillery improvements. Be sure to attend if you plan on taking a gunner, FO or FCO position. Details are being coordinated now with some key folks before we can say when exactly.
    |TG-189th| Unkl
    ArmA 3 Game Officer
    Dean of Tactical Gamer University
    189th Infantry Brigade Member
    SUBMIT A RIBBON NOMINATION OR CONTACT AN ARMA ADMIN
    "We quickly advance in the opposite direction and take cover in a house on the SW side of town." - BadStache

Comment

I'm not sure who is going to be the gunners tomorrow or when those people will be online today so I'm going to be around today in 3 hours which is 1900z (2pm New York) to do some gunner and FO training. I will repeat this later in the day dependent on when and who is around that makes it appropriate. If not, prepare to be swarmed with zero fire support as we will not be using the "click and fire" vanilla artillery for this mission what so ever.
      |TG-189th| Unkl
      ArmA 3 Game Officer
      Dean of Tactical Gamer University
      189th Infantry Brigade Member
      SUBMIT A RIBBON NOMINATION OR CONTACT AN ARMA ADMIN
      "We quickly advance in the opposite direction and take cover in a house on the SW side of town." - BadStache

Comment

Please attend training! the defenders will appreciate a more accurate brand of fire support.

Comment

I'll be there for a bit from 1900Z... time to warm up the ol' manual artillery computer
          sigpic

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
          X