Tactical Battlefield TvT

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tactical Battlefield TvT

Some of you may have seen my post regarding Tactical Battlefield in the General Forums. I thought I'd share some more information here so you know a bit more about this awesome TvT modification. We are looking to host a TacBF TvT event near the end of this month....date is being finalized at the time of this post....more to follow! Get ready!

From the TacBF BIS page:
    What is Tactical Battlefield?
    Tactical Battlefield is a set of TvT game modes, each of which allows you to engage in combat in a particular scenario using a standardised gameplay environment and rules. It introduces new gameplay features to further enhance Arma 3.

Features:
    • Missions - an assortment of missions for the various game modes (ready to play upon release)
    • Role System - Squad Leader, Medic, Engineer, Light Anti-Tank, Heavy Anti-Tank, Marksman, Sniper, Crewman, Pilot etc. Choose from pre-configured loadouts then modify to suit within the bounds of that role, providing essential support for your squad.
    • Squad Management - Join or create a squad and recruit your friends. Designate fire teams and leaders. Provide squad call signs.
    • Commander Management - Command and coordinate multiple squads and make strategic decisions for the entire force through the unique Commander User Interface.
    • Advanced Medic System - Medic UI includes diagnoses, CPR, EPI Pens, morphine and bandages.
    • Logistics System - transporting and managing multiple assets/personnel and provide logistic support to forces via a cargo system.
    • Vehicle Maintenance System - Rearm, repair and refuel ground and air assets.

Game Modes:
    • Advance and Secure (A&S)
    • Attack and Defend (A&D)
    • Search and Destroy (S&D)
    • And multiple other game modes that are under development.

Past Development:
    Tactical Battlefield has been an accumulation of 7 years of development of a PvP mod on the Arma engine. It started with Coolbox[SBS] and [RGG]Wormeaten developing a mission-based A&S system for ARMA. They then moved this over to ARMA 2 as AASX (or AAS extended). AASX was then combined with another PvP mod called Devastation by Dr Eyeball and it came to be known as Project Reality ARMA 2 (PR:A2). The Arma 3 version of this mod is now being further developed by Dr Eyeball and Wormeaten (along with 3rd party contributions) and will be known as Tactical Battlefield for Arma 3 (TB:A3) (a.k.a. TacBF).
    |TG-189th| Unkl
    ArmA 3 Game Officer
    Dean of Tactical Gamer University
    189th Infantry Brigade Member
    SUBMIT A RIBBON NOMINATION OR CONTACT AN ARMA ADMIN
    "We quickly advance in the opposite direction and take cover in a house on the SW side of town." - BadStache

Re: Tactical Battlefield TvT

Web PWS Minimum for TG TacBF
    Subject to adjustments

PWS Client Magnet
    Code:
    pws://?c=whqw7VDCtky5iYnNZlK_hA
    |TG-189th| Unkl
    ArmA 3 Game Officer
    "We quickly advance in the opposite direction and take cover in a house on the SW side of town." - BadStache

Comment

Hmm someone may have found a way to create custom urban scenarios for TacBF. Hey it's only piggybacking off the tough slogging of others but it worked! Urban bliss may yet be upon us :)

I've also been testing a solution to a sometimes lack of good coms we've been witnessing in the public games. You may have noticed that I've created some password sub-channels in the TacBF channel. This is to test a Task Force Radio solution to poor coms created by being in the same direct audio space, "radio looting" and "radio looting" combined with language encryption.

What happens on the public server is everyone joins a channel called "TaskForceRadio". It's cool because you can hear the enemy in direct. Everybody loves that. Until you know the enemy is close and everyone stops talking. Your teamwork goes for a poop because you can't communicate without being heard. But that is only half the issue....

The other team can steal your radio, turn on the speaker and leave it at base so that they have constant intel on your intentions and situation. Hey, kind of neat but it kills any higher command net. All the players are using side text to work around it anyway. Squad coms are killed unless you make all your own objective names, organize your team to switch channels at regular intervals (try that in a JIP heavy hour long game), and frankly it just kills the coms.

For all the immersion it adds it just slaughters actual good teamwork based gameplay. It's a poor trade off in our opinion. So while we are not interested in running TFR atm because we are pie in the sky dreamers that in-game von might get fixed someday, we are trying to help this situation should our upcoming events attract enough players to make the TFR solution the only workable option.

The other problem is one of simple lack of consideration. Using the ability to listen in on one language and use another one so that your team's communications can not be compromised is certainly not the kind of advantage that we will be looking to allow. There is a point where this simulation must choose what it is going to allow in the name of being a game and what it won't add in tedious and unfair advantage without taking a couple years of language studies.
      *edit: to add to this I get that relaying information to a buddy who doesn't speak the language that is being intercepted makes this a little more complicated but it doesn't detract from the basic fact that the solution of using multiple channels solves several issues where gameplay and teamwork should trump role play in our view

I will end this wee rant back on my first point:

Please test the mission Athira Run on our TG server. I made it using Gunther.S' mission Forest Run and simply moved the markers around and edited the init/description/stringable files. This is just a test and it also has my draft solution for the communities that may continue using TFR over a long term in place of any VON fix.
      Last edited by Unkl; 01-12-2015, 08:19 AM.
      |TG-189th| Unkl
      ArmA 3 Game Officer

Comment

I like where this is headed... CQB! CQB! :)

Comment

I think this TacBF is fun TvT! It's a bit hard going into it though from mostly playing TvE earlier.

With TFR used normally, if the enemy is likely to have stolen one or more of your radios it makes sense to switch channels. The problem is the difficulty of doing this on the simple and common rifleman radio. You have the 8 preset channels sure but they are quickly listened through by the enemy. It is however possible to switch out those preset channels if one owns one of those reprogramers whatever they were called.
          If you have a reprogrammer in your watch slot and then click on a the radio in your inventory (cant remember if left or right click) you should be able to change the preset channels for the rifleman radio to something completely new and the enemy will be very unlikely to be able to listen in any more.
          Now the problem is getting your hands on one of those reprogrammers. Only time i have ever found one was from first spawning in with one in inventory, also got a personal radio which is the better than rifleman radio. If you switch classes you seem to lose both of those unless you drop em on the ground first and then pick em up. If you die now though you will respawn without a reprogrammer and only with rifleman radio.

Still many unknowns here for me, and if this is consistent on other servers than the one i was on but if TFR is used normally i think it would make sense to drop the reprogrammers at base so they don't go missing and then all reprogramming is be done at base. Unless of course somehow there is easy access to the reprogrammers that we don't know about yet.

However if this thing with one channel per team works out properly we might not need all this info i've been writing down.

Looking forward to playing some more TacBF with you guys!

Comment

And it begins, so much fun. I have some "low-tech" solutions for the comms / INTEL element (TFR, Non TFR doesn't matter) but given that this is an "open channel" I think it's best to reserve that conversation wherein they (you know the "they" that is "them" who shall not be named) cannot intercept the dialogue (ergo the lede "it begins")

LOL welcome to the world of SpyCraft.

Sounds like a hoot, can't wait to try it.

Solo

Comment

Nice to see some TvT in Arma, I feel like its been lost from this game for too long, there are great coop missions out there, but my favorite part of playing classic OFP was all the TvT missions. Look forward to playing.

Comment

Hey guys. I'll be giving this a run, sounds like fun. I like the TvT Arma, we usually play the Wasteland, or king of the Hill mods. This sounds alot more organized, and focused than those, I'm looking forward to it.

Comment

I'll be on 7pm New York time to play! Lets get a good group together and squad up. Pass the word!
                  |TG-189th| Unkl
                  ArmA 3 Game Officer

Comment

Count me in today. Let's get this ball rollin!

Comment

Our event is now posted at TacBF so we expect guests. All those I've reached out to and indicated interest I will be hunting you down and making sure you're set up :icon12:
                      |TG-189th| Unkl
                      ArmA 3 Game Officer

Comment

Want to drop a quick line about last night's games. It has been a while since I played with TFR. I was talking out of my ears with the wrong button. Everytime Unk or Ramna talk to me in close proximity I would answer... But they never develop the conversation or answer my questions. I thought everybody was having a bad game. Turns out I was talking to myself the whole time. Sorry if that caused confusion. I was left alone a few times, feeling abandoned... Anyway I just realized that today morning. LOL.

Comment

I was wondering why you never responded to me B. I thought you had TFR running.
                          |TG-189th| Unkl
                          ArmA 3 Game Officer

Comment

Oooo shiny new promo vid....

|TG-189th| Unkl
                            ArmA 3 Game Officer

Comment

Originally posted by Unkl View Post
                              Oooo shiny new promo vid....

Oh hey the Unkl! Thanks to you I discovered TG plays TacBF. Hello fellas. Long time PR player, missing the TG server, for years now. Glad to hear the good news about the TacBF participation going on lately. See ya in the field.
                              Like teamwork? Enjoy immersion? Like simulations?
                              Subscribe to my YouTube channel
                              https://www.youtube.com/channel/UChbBpmTwDXVi0Bs_mxvbkZg

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X