Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Advance The Flag (ATF) Beta Pack Released!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Advance The Flag (ATF) Beta Pack Released!

Description:
    Advance The Flag was originally made for the game Arma2, but today it is being released to Arma3! Advance The Flag is a dynamic, zone capture based game mode. Unlike other zone capture systems, however, ATF utilizes flags that you advance to the opponents base to win the game! There are 3 modes in different combinations to choose from. Standard ATF allows you to redeploy the flag closer and closer to the enemy base. Micro ATF allows you to actually pick up the flag instead, and then ultimately deploy it near the opponents base.

To win:
    The general win condition is accumulating tickets by moving the flags closer toward the opponents base, but you could also lose tickets by respawning. Alternatively, in Round Mode, all you have to do is deploy the flag in the opponents end zone ring, which surrounds the enemy base.

Next, and the most important fact, is that you can not move your flag passed the other opponents flag! When a flag is deployed it creates a front line across the battle field area, which in turn forces the opponent to destroy your flag by capturing it from 100% to 0%. The opposing team will then have go back to base and move their flag up again.

Player Kits:
    A persistent kit system is available for all players to use; ATF calls it "The Armory". Any kit you grab from the armory GUI will stick to your client until you disconnect. The armory will prevent you from picking up other peoples weapons when at base, but as soon as you leave, you can pick up any weapon you want.

Special Abilities for Weapon Kits:
    - Repairing
    - Healing
    - Building fortifications
    - Seeing entire sides player markers instead of just your squad
    - Many more to come!

Re: Advance The Flag (ATF) Beta Pack Released!

I want to post links to where you can report bugs and download........

Just connect to this:

www.
    armaholic
    .com
    /page.php?id=28113

Watch unedited video here:

www.
    youtube
    .com
    /watch?v=PNPVtOlEp0k

Comment

Interesting will check this out this evening.
      |TG-189th| Unkl
      ArmA 3 Game Officer
      Dean of Tactical Gamer University
      189th Infantry Brigade Member
      SUBMIT A RIBBON NOMINATION OR CONTACT AN ARMA ADMIN
      "We quickly advance in the opposite direction and take cover in a house on the SW side of town." - BadStache

Comment

Originally posted by Unkl View Post
        Interesting will check this out this evening.
        Thank you and let me know how it goes! I am running on 3 hours of sleep and got done with 8 hours of physics and comp sci classes, so unfortunetly I do not have the energy to try and do it with you.

Comment

Good to see you back in the saddle Goschie. ;-)

Comment

Originally posted by wormeaten View Post
            Good to see you back in the saddle Goschie. ;-)
            Thanks man. I've been solo working on this basically. I dont even really know whats going on in the community lol

Comment

That is a very interesting game mode. I like the football field analogy. Very creative indeed. I've thrown the files on Server 1 for a trial period to take a look at and play through. Is there a group manager system?
              |TG-189th| Unkl
              ArmA 3 Game Officer
              "We quickly advance in the opposite direction and take cover in a house on the SW side of town." - BadStache

Comment

Does this mode run mod free on the client side?

Comment

Originally posted by Noyava View Post
                  Does this mode run mod free on the client side?
                  Should :)

The system is packed in the mission as folders of scripts called "modules", which get initiated during mission load/start.

Comment

Originally posted by Unkl View Post
                    That is a very interesting game mode. I like the football field analogy. Very creative indeed. I've thrown the files on Server 1 for a trial period to take a look at and play through. Is there a group manager system?
                    Currently there is no group manager system (changing groups in game, correct?). However, it is something I have been thinking about adding in. I am trying to keep as much of the feature requests and bug reports on the armaholic and bistudio site for tracking everything.

So try and post the feature in as much detail as you can here:
                    forums.
                    bistudio.
                    com
                    /showthread.php?188482-MP-Advance-The-Flag-(ATF)-Beta-Pack

Comment

Well this is a pretty good system and with some more "mission" development we could have a nice set of Vanilla TvT missions from which to add to Server 1. That server has been missing some good TvT content. I can put a little time into it but am pretty committed to too many projects already. We can take this to the mission dev area and see if someone can help with some missions.
                      |TG-189th| Unkl
                      ArmA 3 Game Officer

Comment

Mission development should be fairly easy. Simply select the safe zone and everything in it (while in the editor), and then moving it will not mess up anything. The battlefield dynamically generates itself off of the safe zone circle markers. The flags will spawn at the WEST_FOB = this; and the EAST_FOB = this; objects (in the editor). And then the ATF_WEST_KIT_CRATE = this; and ATF_EAST_KIT_CRATE = this; will make The Armory available for each side.

The vehicles are all marked as respawnable, so you can just copy paste their init fields as well to get what you want.

Those are all the basics if you just want to "get it done". But I will create a template tutorial for advanced editing and tweaking of all the balance and times.

Also, feel free to ask where to look for certain mission variables to mess with stuff (maybe game time or something)

Comment

I got to mess with this a little bit last night when Unkl and friends were playing. This is such a cool idea. Thanks for all of your hard work!

Comment

If you guys record some footage, let me know! I will be happy to utilize it for a true ATF preview for arma 3, and I will make sure give you guys credit.

Comment

Challenge accepted!

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X