TacBF Mission Testing

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TacBF Mission Testing

Just want to throw up a post here to let you peeps know about my plan for mid week mission testing for TacBF missions. I'm working on having new content for each week for our TacBF events. This means I want to check playability and balance issues likely on Wed night. So tonight at 9:00pm EST (New York time) I'll be spooling a test on our server. Just letting you know because I hope you enjoy the sneak peak at the mission and help with feedback on any issues or unfair balance issues.

Hope to see you in TS then. Before that....I'm busy editing.
    |TG-189th| Unkl
    ArmA 3 Game Officer
    Dean of Tactical Gamer University
    189th Infantry Brigade Member
    SUBMIT A RIBBON NOMINATION OR CONTACT AN ARMA ADMIN
    "We quickly advance in the opposite direction and take cover in a house on the SW side of town." - BadStache

Re: TacBF Mission Testing

New content each week...only **** man that's what i call dedication :)

Ill try to show up for sure!
    sigpic

Dont be shy, add me on Steam by clicking the icon below.

Comment

Thanks Unkle! I'm bringing in some fresh meat tonight to test out the game, so hopefully we can get some gg's in.

Comment

Test starts now fyi.
        |TG-189th| Unkl
        ArmA 3 Game Officer
        "We quickly advance in the opposite direction and take cover in a house on the SW side of town." - BadStache

Comment

is it ok for JIP?

Just got home from work.

Comment

Sorry Unkl i failed you :/
            sigpic

Dont be shy, add me on Steam by clicking the icon below.

Comment

After my last time trying to play TacBF and leaving frustrated, this time I had a blast. The performance was top notch, thanks to Unk's hard work and tweaking in his mission edits. Noyava led us as the offensive team as we inserted via a fast boat. After taking down a guy near a bunker at the start I was sure I was in fro a treat.

For a testing session, we had quite a few guys on the passworded server. Loved the leadership and intensity that TVT brings. Aside from trying to figure out the new keys and all the conflicts with my own keybindings, I absolutely loved the TacBF at TG.

Comment

B, glad you had a good time! I had an awesome team that made squad leading easy. Thanks guys! I'll have video from the mission to post tomorrow.

Comment

I was glad to help test it out tonight and thought the mission you made was interesting. I'll need to go through and rebind some keys and figure out some more tacbf basics before I can really comment on balance issues and the like.

Comment

I'll admit I expected about 6 players to show up and to a 3 on 3 walk through of the mission but we had enough to actually play it. 15 players, all TG players on a password server. Thanks very much. For a first attempt at an Assault and Defend scenario I think it work out really well. (Despite me dying 3X more than anyone else lol)

I'm going to look at the ticket system a bit more in depth today since tomorrow is our big game night. It was interesting ground to have a mostly infantry type fight on. Blufor was one more capture away from getting vehicles at a beach FB. It was about to get crazy. We will get there on Friday night no doubt.
                    |TG-189th| Unkl
                    ArmA 3 Game Officer

Comment

Great way for a bunch of Dragoons to get initiated. GG's I like the mission a lot, but I thought for an infantry only battle, the FO build radius was maybe a bit to big at 300m. It doesn't leave many options for the defenders. I don't get the ticket system yet. I would have thought defenders would have won if Bluefor didn't capture all the points in the allotted time. But it ended up a draw, is that because of tickets? How do the defenders win on that mission?

Comment

i agree there isn't a lot of options for FO points on that mission but then there doesn't need to be either. The defending force can spawn forward at a FB and in a short run get to the vehicles at the Depot. When they lose the Depot they still have the FB although the attacking force will now have a spawn point and some quads at the beach. The defenders can put an FO to the east to try to cut the attackers off at that point.

But all of this worry about FO is unnecessary if you have Squad Leaders using their Squad Rally points. They can be put very close to an objective.

As soon as I can I'll be asking the TacBF team to give me a lesson on how tickets in A&D work so I have them set up appropriately in this mission for the Friday Night event.
                        |TG-189th| Unkl
                        ArmA 3 Game Officer

Comment

Thanks for being such a gracious host Unkl. Last night was a learning process for keybinds, controls and map dynamics but it was still fun. Looking forward to playing this mod more. I liked the layout of your mission and the fact that it forced engagements on the objective at hand once one was lost. I still need to learn more about the mod dynamics to offer much more than thanks and GG.

Comment

A&S ticket goes per flag. As attacker you have 120 ticket same as defender but works in different way. When attackers lose tickets they lose round. If defender lose tickets they lose ability to respawn on FO, HO or RP so they have only possibility to respown on MB for FB I'm not sure need to be checked.

In A&S once you lose flag you cant recapture so this is one way. Only live flag could be resecured to 100% soon when reach 0 it is ower and attackers get new 120 ticket for next flag.

Have that in mind when you placing objectives on map.

Comment

This was a blast last night. I enjoy TacBF but this aspect of push or hold really makes it a blast. We might be stealing some of TG's BF4 player base once they see some of these videos just from your test missions.

-I think the view distance needs to be tweaked. I know its negative against some peoples PC performance but the SL/FTL who get the powered scopes are in complete advantage vs us with red dots/iron sights. The draw distance on grass is either too short,in my opinion, or something else is askew.

Ill be posting up some of the videos in the video thread here shortly.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X