Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tactical Battlefield at TacticalGamer.com is going 24/7 no password!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [INFO] Tactical Battlefield at TacticalGamer.com is going 24/7 no password!

Tactical Battlefield at TacticalGamer.com
    is going 24/7 no password!

Thats right. We are turning on the lights full time and running the server wide open with an official launch this Friday - FOR A LIMITED TIME.

That's right, the plan is to run for at least two weeks and at that point we will know much more information about the ebb and flow of players over our time zones. Events will thus be planned for optimal times. We know the EU Official server is seeing capacity for about an hour every day...which is where we come in.

We have had a bunch of players who are interested in playing on a NA server. Hey we all love a great ping right? While a bunch of us are going to hop back and forth that's all good. The more players we bring to TacBF the easier it gets for everyone to get into really great games.

So you have been enjoying a few games of TacBF? Get on and be a part of making this two weeks a smashing success. We will help new players get set up and in game.

Not only will we appreciate playing a few more games with YOU but we know you'll really love this. With all the flexibility ArmA offers in stances, head movement, massive terrains, just a gorgeous look...it's gonna be a great two weeks to start with...
    |TG-189th| Unkl
    ArmA 3 Game Officer
    Dean of Tactical Gamer University
    189th Infantry Brigade Member
    SUBMIT A RIBBON NOMINATION OR CONTACT AN ARMA ADMIN
    "We quickly advance in the opposite direction and take cover in a house on the SW side of town." - BadStache

Re: Tactical Battlefield at TacticalGamer.com is going 24/7 no password!

Thats is great news. It does not seem to take long to get a server going when you seed it here in the US either.

See you Friday, Ill get my beer and pee bucket ready.

Comment

The All In Arma Terrain Pack has been added to the server. This should help with overflow from the official server which is filling up to capacity. For this morning a server admin will have to select missions from maps other than Stratis or Altis while people get AiA downloaded.
      |TG-189th| Unkl
      ArmA 3 Game Officer
      "We quickly advance in the opposite direction and take cover in a house on the SW side of town." - BadStache

Comment

Cool! There were some of the desert maps I wanted to play on the TG server. Do not remember the name but you and I played it one night with B

Comment

Very Awesome! There are some beautiful map/missions in there.

Comment

I signed up just because I want to come play some TacBF with you guys. You seem to be hosting the only US server after all.

I can't seem to connect. I get booted off the server right away with no error message. I've got CBA, TacBF, the two RHS mods, JSRS3, TFAR and AiA loaded. Can someone point me in the right direction here?

EDIT

It turns out my RHS stuff was out of date. So that's fixed.

But now I get kicked off the server after I connect.
            Last edited by hohum; 03-08-2015, 04:20 AM.

Comment

hohum, I've started a new technical support thread to answer such questions.

To everyone else we are also working on a guide to help you get set up. More soon on that.
              |TG-189th| Unkl
              ArmA 3 Game Officer

Comment

Originally posted by Unkl View Post
                hohum, I've started a new technical support thread to answer such questions.

To everyone else we are also working on a guide to help you get set up. More soon on that.
                Sounds good - I wasn't able to get it working either!

Comment

Whiskey, I am making you my top priority! We will get through this. ;)

Comment

TG servers have been servers that me and all my friends have always looked to play in, no matter the game. So, good to see that there are some running in the US for the Best game.. And running what I have heard is an exceptional mod.

I have ran several ARMA3 servers, and have been building and modifying missions since Arma 1, so if anyone has questions feel free to ask.

Comment

Well if you guys went to the trouble of downloading this mod set you really should get on the server tonight if you ever want to play this any further. The future is in question.
                      |TG-189th| Unkl
                      ArmA 3 Game Officer

Comment

Originally posted by Unkl View Post
                        Well if you guys went to the trouble of downloading this mod set you really should get on the server tonight if you ever want to play this any further. The future is in question.
                        I'll definitely be on tonight. I only missed last week because I got into doing something else.

If you do decide to shut down the official TG server, would you be willing to let a community run server be advertised here? I'm happy to take over hosting and admin duties. Because this really is a great mod and the world really needs a supported and well-trafficked US server.

Comment

Had some great games on the EU Official last night. Didn't see many of you there but it is March break. We are shutting down this test phase of the 24/7 TacBF at TacticalGamer. It serves no interest to have a server up and running without the player population to establish consistent seeding. We did learn that despite a variety of well intended advice that our own in-house advice (of course [MENTION=17094]Wicks[/MENTION] called this from the start) is still the best and perhaps most experienced when it comes to setting up a new TvT offering.

To that end, we are returning to scheduled events and we will give you lots of notice. The server will be back with a password. We want to make it available for those who wish to bring their friends into the game and show them the ropes. We hope that we can attract a significant amount of players from North America to attend our events and thereby concentrate the players in order to reach a wider appeal.

I'm still of the opinion that this is the best TvT offering within A3 and is even better than a lot of other options out there. I also subscribe to the many flavours model where people play different games for different "moods" or what have you. So, there is no slight intended in that boast for Tactical Battlefield to any other TvT games.

I'll continue to offer up test session where new missions can get a much needed play test before they are run on an official event. I hope more mission makers take up the call. When you are ready for a game and the seeding is not there to start up the TG server why not support the EU Official TacBF. Let them know about our events too.

Specifically to hohum, please create a thread in the Contact an Admin area with questions about support for outside servers. I think this post should answer those questions but we are always open to discussing admin matters where appropriate.

RECAP
                          • Servers going back to events to concentrate players into good seeding events
                          • Supporting EU Official gameplay - get on and play this awesome mod!
                          • Use Contact An Admin if you have fresh ideas on approaches to get this Mod to a North American full time server
                          |TG-189th| Unkl
                          ArmA 3 Game Officer

Comment

I was waiting for something like this to come back to TG. I miss all the good games I had on the TG-PR server. Tactical Battlefield is a perfect match for the TG way of play. I am pretty sure we could attract players and have a full server most of the time. Maybe post the link of the TS and the IP of the server on the TacBF website/forum

Comment

See THIS LINK for the current use for TacBF. Frankly the response we had was less than ideal. There are a lot of players I know around here that would love this but we just didn't seem to inspire them to come together at the same time. I'd love to see this happen and I'd support it 100%. However, this time it will be the players who will have to convince me that there is cause for a server. The ball is in your courts.

Closing this thread before any further confusion is perpetuated.
                              |TG-189th| Unkl
                              ArmA 3 Game Officer

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X