No announcement yet.

Can we please be educated on recording?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can we please be educated on recording?

I have not been able to play due to real life issues going on but plan on being back within a month or so.

MY ISSUE is that while I am away I miss playing with everyone and those good ole TG memories. I wanted and still want to be able to watch a video of an event or random PUG game that goes on at the Tactical Gamer community.

Can we please outsource or attempt to compile an official "How To: The 101 tips to record then share your in-game video and communications with minimal impact to your gaming experience" @ TG Guide?

Please.

Re: Can we please be educated on recording?

I've stopped recording lately because of how much time it takes to edit videos after :|

I'll try to record more for you in the future :)

Comment

Yeah, editing takes forever, but I try to records anyways (if the framerate is good). I have a little bit of footage from last few days, and I plan on making a short video in the near future.

I don't really have enough experience to make a solid guide, but I can definitely say that recording will visibly affect your system performance. I use PlayClaw and it cuts about 20% of my framerate and takes a huge chunk of HDD (20-22 GB per hour at 1080p). I used other software in the past (Fraps, BandiCam), but the drawbacks were about the same. The real difference is in the extra features; however, neither one has them all. You have to do your own research (trials, reviews, ask questions) and find one that suits your needs.

One thing I can definitely suggest is to record everything you can. There were too many times that I had some funny/heroic/weird situations that I didn't record, but I wish I had. Sometimes it's just 20 seconds of gameplay out of a 2 hour video, but 20 seconds might be all you need.

Comment

Can we please be educated on recording?

If you have a GTX video card try shadow play.

It allows you to save full resolution audio and video with no noticeable fps delay. The buffer size can be adjusted from seconds to tens of minutes. Allowing you to press one button to save that last good moment. As well as recording on command.

Worth a try.
        doYouEvenLuftwaffe

Comment

Cougar I didn't know about that. Definitely worth investigating.

Current ARMA Development Project: No Current Project

"An infantryman needs a leader to be the standard against which he can judge all soldiers."

Friend of |TG| Chief

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
          X