Mission Making Monday

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [EVENT] Mission Making Monday

Mondays are usually pretty quiet around here; with everyone exhausted from the events of the weekend. So I thought that it would be a perfect time for a DIFFERENT sort of gathering at TG.

MISSION MAKING MONDAY

There is always time to play even on MMM as well, but the focus will be to set some time for mission makers and the coders that some of us strive to be to get together and talk about the missions we’d like to make and how to do that. Even players with good ideas are welcome to drop in and just offer up a good mission idea (established mission makers are always looking for good ideas as well).

Some will contribute ideas, some will contributed a path for a mission maker to follow, and some will contribute the code and some tricks to help make those missions. It will be low key and more about discussions and “all things ArmA” than about fire teams and mixing it up on the battlefield, but it should provide a good place to start some amazing missions for down the road.

We all know ArmA is about content and new and different mission types, here’s a place and time to start sharing those ideas and maybe getting some of them on paper and then in the editor and with some help from our friends to the server for all to enjoy.

Starting at 1900 CST (Chicago time) drop into the ArmA Mission Development Channel in TeamSpeak and hang out. It can always start earlier, that is just the time I know that I can make on a consistent basis.

I’ll be there, hope to see some new and established mission makers as well,

Solo

Re: Mission Making Monday

This would be great. And I am in when time allows. I am happy to share some of the things I learned.

Comment

I will make as many Mon evenings as I can. I'm often tied up at that time but I'll try. Think this is a GREAT idea.
      |TG-189th| Unkl
      ArmA 3 Game Officer
      Dean of Tactical Gamer University
      189th Infantry Brigade Member
      SUBMIT A RIBBON NOMINATION OR CONTACT AN ARMA ADMIN
      "We quickly advance in the opposite direction and take cover in a house on the SW side of town." - BadStache

Comment

MISSION MAKING MONDAY

Monday April 20, 2015

I’ll be here. Travel has lightened for the moment, look for me in TS from early CST afternoon through most of the evening. I have a ton of mission ideas and need some help / support with that “code stuff” that seems to make them work (ugh).

Agenda:
        Listen to Solo talk
        Respond to his questions
        Tell him he’s nuts
        Rinse and repeat

Kidding, but looking forward to our first MMM next week

Solo

Comment

Sure, I'll be there. I have basically zero experience with making missions and coding/scripting, but I'm a quick learner and I have ideas.

Comment

Time to log in . . . . and throw down . . . . a few minutes and "I'll" be there. Hope you all can join. We'll try to keep the conversion on topic regarding dev and "non-mission development" discussions will be asked to move to another channel and then come back when done.

I've got a ton of questions . . . . SOMEONE HELPPPPPPP . . . . . lol

See you all in just a few.

Solo

Comment

This is so on today. Actually I'll likely be doing this most of the day while I sneeze and cough instead of doing all the things I'm supposed to do on Mondays. See you in channel.
              |TG-189th| Unkl
              ArmA 3 Game Officer
              Dean of Tactical Gamer University
              189th Infantry Brigade Member
              SUBMIT A RIBBON NOMINATION OR CONTACT AN ARMA ADMIN
              "We quickly advance in the opposite direction and take cover in a house on the SW side of town." - BadStache

Comment

Back at it again this Monday.

Looking to talk about things like:
                • INTEL triggers - for when a team finds and collects them
                • Task Triggers (tied to the above INTEL - gives them a "new" Journal entry - maybe)
                • Task Triggers in general - sequentially firing ones that lead a team through a number of objectives.
                • VAS Crates
                • Arsenal Crates - and the modification of them to limit assets available
                • Blow up triggers - eliminate the asset and complete the task (objective)
                • What about non-sequential triggers - a series of objectives that can be completed in any order

And that's just my list. I can help with basic stuff, but some good coder types would be awesome to help with some of these
                (for my part I'd like to keep them as "game driven" as possible as it is not my intention to become a coder if possible (sorry Yink) . . . smile)

I should be on most of the afternoon (Chicago time) with a short break when I have to conduct an interview.

See you all then.

Solo

Comment

Ill be on but maybe afk, if you have ANY questions dont hesitate at all to ask. just poke me if i dont respond.
                  Yink | Vanilla Pilot | Killer of Stirling | CS GOD | Projects Team

Comment

Or just poke him to poke him . . . . . I might do it too.

I'm here but also on Text only at the moment.

Me loves me some ArmA multi-tasking.

:-)

Comment

It's Monday team - time to rack it up and start talking mission dev.

Say we start about 3:00 PM CST - I'll be here all day and into the evening but better to put a time on it - let's say we go until 9:00 PM CST

Some interesting topics on deck for this Monday, and while I"m busy as 7734 (RL) I am going to try and lurk about in the TS channel as much as possible to get / give as much thought and advice as I can on the topic of mission dev.

I'll still be looking to talk about things like:
                      • INTEL triggers - for when a team finds and collects them
                      • Task Triggers (tied to the above INTEL - gives them a "new" Journal entry - maybe)
                      • Task Triggers in general - sequentially firing ones that lead a team through a number of objectives.
                      • VAS Crates
                      • Arsenal Crates - and the modification of them to limit assets available
                      • Blow up triggers - eliminate the asset and complete the task (objective)
                      • What about non-sequential triggers - a series of objectives that can be completed in any order

There are a few more topics we may add and some "special guests" (only because Unkl is sick as a dog from what I hear - Get better dude!!!!!!!!!!!!) who also may be about today offering their own brand and experience to the channel and the day.

Hope to see a bunch of you there today.

Solo

Comment

Hey solo I'll be there around 5:30 CST and if you guys haven't already id like to figure out the limited arsenal as if like to get those added in on some mission ideas I got.

Comment

How'd I miss this thread!...

This monday I'm on the links till 8 p.m. est or so but I'd like to join in when I get in. I was hoping we'd do something like this.
                          sigpic
                          |TG-1st|Grunt
                          ARMA Admin (retired)
                          Pathfinder-Spartan 5

Comment

GRUNT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! . . . . I will hold the doors open . . . .schedule more time . . . you let me know whey you're not "busy".
                            Good to see your virtual face around . . . .:-)

Monday's later usually, just that Unkl's sick and I've got to get some stuff ready for a lot of travel, but we'll be here and this MMM is only going to ramp up more.

Talk to you soon,

Solo

Comment

Just occurred to me I'll need to update...It's been a while. I have a not so fast connection so we'll see. At any rate I'll pop in on TS (recently reinstalled)
                              sigpic
                              |TG-1st|Grunt
                              ARMA Admin (retired)
                              Pathfinder-Spartan 5

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed