TacBF - I'm playing now thread.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TacBF - I'm playing now thread.

This thread is for anyone who is playing TacBF...post up a notice here so other TG folks know your playing. Jump in the TS channel here and then join the TacBF Official TS in another tab. This also lets other TG players know your in the game.

Even though we didn't get a coordinated group to populate our first foray into this on our server we are still excited about this mod and are looking to bring in a group of TG minded folks. You guys post up and play and you might build this up so we can spool our server up again.

Don't worry, an event is coming our our server within the next month at least.

Last edited by Unkl; 04-17-2015, 04:52 PM. Reason: adding link to PWS update
    |TG-189th| Unkl
    ArmA 3 Game Officer
    Dean of Tactical Gamer University
    189th Infantry Brigade Member
    SUBMIT A RIBBON NOMINATION OR CONTACT AN ARMA ADMIN
    "We quickly advance in the opposite direction and take cover in a house on the SW side of town." - BadStache

Re: TacBF - I'm playing now thread.

I was introduced to the Tactical Gamer community through this mod, so needless to say, I'm on it pretty often. My name is Leeroy Baggings on it. I find it weird to use two TS at the same time, but it is a good way to show others on the TG TS that you are playing TacBF, I'll probably mute my self on the TG one though. I had to add -nosingleinstance target to my TS3 executable to get two clients to open simultaneously. I'll try to remember to join both whenever I hop on TacBF. Thanks, Unkl for trying to bring more players to the TacBF mod, I hope one day there is a large enough NA playerbase to sustain an NA server.

Comment

Thanks for this thread!! I have been playing this mod and it has come a long ways. Im hoping to post here when I play and get some TG'ers into my squad....Trust me, Im no expert, but I know how to follow, team-play, communicate, and most importantly, where to point my gun.....sometimes.... :P

Again thanks on the thread, and I hope to encourage some of us to squad up, I think it might change your minds!!

"TG was created to cater to a VERY specific type of gamer rather than trying to appeal to the greater gaming population....Tactical Gamer is not mainstream. We are not trying to attract mainstream gamers" ~ Apophis

Comment

Technical note / request:

This requires some MODs to work - can someone who is familiar post up what is required so those coming new to the fold can get what they need in advance of bothering you guys on the TS channels. Maybe this is posted elsewhere, but since we have this thread might be good to get it here as this one will bubble to the top when players are on from TG.

Thanks guys,

Solo

Comment

Check original post for TacBF info.

For those that do connect to a second server of TS...at least on my machine I'm automatically muted in the first server as far as my microphone goes. I can hear people talk to me in that channel and can only type back. But at least when you see me in the TacBF channels in TG when we are not running a server you know I'm playing.

Even though my icon will show my speakers are off. I'll be happy to let you know where the game is at.
          Last edited by Unkl; 04-17-2015, 02:00 PM.
          |TG-189th| Unkl
          ArmA 3 Game Officer
          "We quickly advance in the opposite direction and take cover in a house on the SW side of town." - BadStache

Comment

Bump. The original post has been updated now that PWS has updated TacBF to 3.11. Don't forget to grab the hotfix for CBA that came out today too!
            |TG-189th| Unkl
            ArmA 3 Game Officer

Comment

How would you like to play Tactical Battlefield without having to grab all those other mods. All you need is the latest CBA and TacBF 3.12 to get in on our new test.

Thats right, no All In Arma Terrain pack, no RHS Escalation and no Task Force Radio. Just two small mods and get right to it.

I've got one mission up for a test. There is no password.

208.43.76.154:2363

Here is a link to a small PWS preset. You can just deselect all your other mods from your previous collection and only run CBA and TacBF instead of getting this new collection if you were playing with us before.

WebLink
              https://play.withsix.com/arma-3/coll...TacticalGamer-[CBA-TacBF]

Client Magnet
              pws://?c=BPYpOy3A7EWDOchKoX7wGg

PS: Official notification is going up later today but just an advance info: TacBF event is planned using this configuration for May 16th!!!
              |TG-189th| Unkl
              ArmA 3 Game Officer

Comment

psst...There is two more missions for what I call Vanilla TacBF. (CBA_A3 1.1.20.150416 & TacBF 3.12 - check the TS channel for the CBA version or get the latest with PWS)

AAS Atsalis Uber Altis - is a large scale battle where you need to have your logistics planned for contingencies in order to keep your momentum. This mission is rough and many of the checkpoints have duplicated fortifications. However, the middle of the run you must get on the boats and get to the island of Atsalis which is about a half kilometer from the north shore of Altis...and back again.

AAD Oreokastro Assault - Blufor assaults Opfor on the north west side of Altis. Some interesting flag placements make teams working to suppress the enemy essential.

And the special suprise....

Coop Oreokastro Assault - Yep. Using the Tactical Battlefield as a framework I've created a cooperative mission based off the same zones as the Assault & Defend version of this mission. Something to get a group together with?
                |TG-189th| Unkl
                ArmA 3 Game Officer

Comment

eating dinner then I'll be hopping on

"TG was created to cater to a VERY specific type of gamer rather than trying to appeal to the greater gaming population....Tactical Gamer is not mainstream. We are not trying to attract mainstream gamers" ~ Apophis

Comment

Will need help in 3 weeks for everything ArmA related.

Interested in listening to guitar playing and a good conversation, look for me on TS.

"Hope is for the weak. I hope for nothing. I work for things. That is the only way for events to unfold." -Cleverbot

Comment

[MENTION=14958]BeSiege82[/MENTION]

not a problem. they made it easy now for even this dummy [emoji14]

Comment

Playing now! For the next hour or two.

Comment

Playing TacBF for the next 2 hours or so!

Comment

I have been disappointed by the scarcity of numbers on our servers lately TacBF and vanilla. Not sure what is going on. I really like the TacBF mod set but miss the teamwork from TG on other servers. By and large they are gong shows. Lets get some more people out!!
                            sigpic

Canadjun, eh?

Comment

Conner, sparrow, and I played for a couple hours tonight. Evanovich has been playing quite a bit lately too. I'll be sure to shoot you an invite next time I'm on TacBF. When we get 4-6 TG guys running a squad we can really make a difference.

Now that North America based servers are regularly populated, I have a much more enjoyable time playing. Arma lag still crops up, but much less frequently than when I used to play the EU server.

P.S - "gong show" might be to high an assessment. Sometimes you find pockets are quality that make it all worth while.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X