Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New BIS TERRAIN being announced June 16!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New BIS TERRAIN being announced June 16!

The new map for the Arma 3 expansion is being revealed June 16. Countdown here: E3 2015 PC Gaming Show Countdown | Arma 3

Place your bets!
    - Desert?
    - Snow?
    - Urban?
    - Even more vegetation for the AI to hide in? ;)

Re: New BIS TERRAIN being announced June 16!

We need snow! Urban makes me cringe thinking of ARMA stairs.

Comment

Originally posted by Scotty View Post
      We need snow!
      But Scotty arnt you worried about the......... Abominable SNOWMAN!!!!!!!!

Comment

My money is on tropical
        sigpic

Comment

Snow or rain forest. We need something to make our computers cringe.

Interested in listening to guitar playing and a good conversation, look for me on TS.

"Hope is for the weak. I hope for nothing. I work for things. That is the only way for events to unfold." -Cleverbot

Comment

Originally posted by mecharius View Post
            My money is on tropical
            Ding ding ding

RIP framerates

Comment

RIP frames 2015

Comment

those look awesome. But the AI foliage shoot through problem is going to make in Stratis all over again :(

I will forgive BIS of this transgression is I am allowed to drive one of those big construction trucks in the final photo.

Comment

I've already heard some killdozer jokes. I can't wait to be ArmA'd at night from 700 meters with a .45 in one hit through that jungle by the AI as well.

Looks awesome though I hope the price isn't too stiff, this is part of the expansion right?

Comment

Big ole jungle map was going to be my request . . . . looks like I'm late the party, but I gotta say, Looks like a good one to me. Now . . . how BIG will it be??? We need a space to handle some good transport heilo hops and some air support and CAS.

PS - and maybe a civie flight in that red single engine once in a while.

Solo

Comment

I'm hoping it's Altis sized at least. If it's smaller I hope the expansion ships with more than one map. Am I being too greedy?

Edit: according to this source (Screenshots For ArmA 3's New Terrain Surface, Details Leaked) it's going to be modeled off a South Pacific island - Tanoa - and clock in at 100Km(2). That's sizable enough.

Comment

Looks awesome!

Comment

Just 3 hours before the new terrain reveal according to the countdown clock....don't fall asleep yet you Euro gamers!
                          |TG-189th| Unkl
                          ArmA 3 Game Officer
                          Dean of Tactical Gamer University
                          189th Infantry Brigade Member
                          SUBMIT A RIBBON NOMINATION OR CONTACT AN ARMA ADMIN
                          "We quickly advance in the opposite direction and take cover in a house on the SW side of town." - BadStache

Comment

Had a long wait for the Bohemia boys to get to the stage but new terrain, new factions, new vehicles, and more! The scenario options will be quite interesting playing on this island and a very welcome refresh to the game.

100 square km is just over a third of the size of the massive Altis so there may be performance improvements over the muiltiplayer experience of the 270km Altis.

I was sitting on the edge of my seat to see if they would mention VR but alas no word about it last night.
                            |TG-189th| Unkl
                            ArmA 3 Game Officer
                            Dean of Tactical Gamer University
                            189th Infantry Brigade Member
                            SUBMIT A RIBBON NOMINATION OR CONTACT AN ARMA ADMIN
                            "We quickly advance in the opposite direction and take cover in a house on the SW side of town." - BadStache

Comment

Looks like multiple islands as well with one "main" one. A small airport was shown and from the single engine "civ" aircraft maybe some new vehicles that will include some of that. The detail of what was shown was very good and the look was that of a real world space (stacked ocean containers, open pit mine with trucks and earth movers). They didn't show much of the "jungle" elements other than what the images in this thread shows but if it holds it will be some awesome CQJB (Close Quarters Jungle Battle) . . .can't wait.

They did talk about "first half of 2016" as a release of the "expansion" - not sure if that means $$$, but I'd assume so. They did mention: New factions, new weapons, new vehicles and of course the new map. They also talked about "managing the underwater space" (in more words) - maybe some good underwater elements and space for awesome underwater battles??? . . . A Sub??? . . . .oh wouldn't that be nice.

Looking forward to all of it . . . . :-)

Solo

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X