Looking for pilots for Insurgency CSAR

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for pilots for Insurgency CSAR

As the title suggests I'm looking for skilled pilots to test the merit of a CSAR helo in Insurgency on our server.

I would like to see how having a CSAR bird available impacts other squads ability to keep boots on the ground longer, survive better and push on objectives.

With the marksman dlc enabling shooting from vehicles I'd also like to try the bench seat variant transport Little bird for CSAR, ammo resupply and strategic insertion of overwatch troops etc. I'd like to try this when numbers on the server mean 4 troops dedicated to this won't detract from the overall ground push, rather they would facilitate it.

I can fly the little bird a bit myself but I'm too rusty and fear I would be adding to the casualty count rather than helping to keep it down.

I'm hoping that if done correctly this could positively impact teamwork, coordination and really drive realistic play.

Fingers crossed this is possible in the current config on the server, haven't played since Friday

If anyone is interested please post here.
    Last edited by Wicks; 06-08-2015, 07:23 PM. Reason: typos galore!

Re: Looking for pilots for Insurgency CSAR

On phone, I'll post more tonigh when I get home.

Comment

I would definitely be willing to lend a hand. Hit me up
      Dizlor

Comment

This is easily doable and an admin can make sure the right resources are available.
        |TG-189th| Unkl
        ArmA 3 Game Officer
        Dean of Tactical Gamer University
        189th Infantry Brigade Member
        SUBMIT A RIBBON NOMINATION OR CONTACT AN ARMA ADMIN
        "We quickly advance in the opposite direction and take cover in a house on the SW side of town." - BadStache

Comment

There are better pilots than I here at Tactical Gamer, but I can fly, land, and keep the "cargo" alive.

So, do we have our basic mods at least on this Insurgency server? The revive system? The naming system? (del on the keypad or "u" on the keyboard)

I'm happy to flex my wings for you Wicks. Just say when and where.

Current ARMA Development Project: No Current Project

"An infantryman needs a leader to be the standard against which he can judge all soldiers."

Friend of |TG| Chief

Comment

Dimi the insurgency server runs all the things server one does as far as revive, del for names and such its everything the same just insurgency.

Comment

It's a different revive script - one with spectate enabled. It's nice to see what's happening around you a little more when down.

Unkl has been tweaking the difficulty level. It's always a challenge to get the AI in that sweet spot of smart, deadly, and mobile with enough then to entertain - without tipping into eagle eyed super snipers that kill you as soon as you leave base. Right now it's very playable and good times can definately be had :)

Comment

I won't be on till Wednesday evening uk time, could someone playing today take a look and see exactly what air assets are available so we can have a think about things, thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by Wicks View Post
                  I won't be on till Wednesday evening uk time, could someone playing today take a look and see exactly what air assets are available so we can have a think about things, thanks.
                  pilots+gunners+back seats:

Little bird - 2+0+6 seats
                  Armed little bird - 2+0+0 seats
                  ghosthawk (blackhawk) - 2+2+8 seats

if an admin is on then maybe we can get hellcat (recon helo), chinook etc...? :)

im not sure if I'll be on but if I am I'd be happy to be a pilot or help in any way
                  - Current ArmA Pathfinder

sigpic

Comment

Thanks Xorilliz!

Comment

I'd love to get in on this as soon as I've had some time to practice up. Just getting into ARMA 3 after being absent since ARMA 2 days.

Comment

Pilot a helo in a hot combat environment? Sure i'm up for that.

Comment

Hello? Am i too late?
                          Yink | Vanilla Pilot | Killer of Stirling | CS GOD | Projects Team

Comment

Hello Yink, no you are not or ever too late for this. We could use your piloting skills, and mainly your company.

Comment

I would like to particiapte

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse