Arma 3 on lower end Pc

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Arma 3 on lower end Pc

Hey guys, I dont know if any of the older people here remember me, I used to play Arma 2 domination with TacticalGamer almost constantly. I havent bought Arma 3 yet, Ive been waiting for close to 2 years to save up for a higher end pc for it. At this point, seeing you guys have so much fun and some of my older friends from TG going their seperate ways, I would really like to know if this game can be played on low end pc's. I have a dell laptop with a integraed HD4000 graphics thing. so, not exactly top of the line.

Has anyone had success with low end laptops playing this game?
    sigpic

MEDIC!

Re: Arma 3 on lower end Pc

Will not work with any intel integrated graphics. If that is an AMD HD 4000 chip, then it still will likely not play it. It was difficult to try playing it with an ATI Mobility Radeon HD 5870.

Interested in listening to guitar playing and a good conversation, look for me on TS.

"Hope is for the weak. I hope for nothing. I work for things. That is the only way for events to unfold." -Cleverbot

Comment

GG,

I have a (kinda new) Dell XPS 17" that gets hot enough to cook dinner when I play ArmA3 on it. If I drop just about all the video sliders to "low" and don't get crazy with head movement (back and forth) then the laptop seems to do "ok". My only concern is that under my left hand (where the GPU is on the board I think) it gets so hot I have to put a cloth to keep my hand from getting just too warm. I won't play for long and usually only do mission dev in editor mode, but even this seems to run up the GPU heat.

Sadly I recommend a dedicated "game" box for ArmA as it seems to require it for any true level of play. Maybe a higher end laptop with a dedicated GPU and some better fan work (my XPS has a single fan - and it sucks) then maybe it would be a possibility.

Not sure about others but I run a huge case game rig for most of the game play I'm doing, ArmA included.

Two cents given, hope that helps.

Solo

Comment

XPS is a very good laptop so it should be able to play arma. You can buy a 10 dollar fan to put underneath it.

Comment

I load ice in a zip-lock bag (large), wrap it in a towel and put that under the GPU area. It's ugly but since I'm using a separate keyboard and mouse it all works. I make sure to keep the towel away from the fan intake. I have a 230mm case fan I'm considering mounting to a angled rig for just that purpose . . . but given the CoolMaster HAF 932 loaded with fans and the "good stuff" I haven't had the need to build all of that just yet.

:-)

Comment

Thanks guys, I appreciate the responses. I am just going to spend the rest of the summer scrapping some money together for a good PC. Hopefully I can pick up Arma 3 during the Steam Christmas sale.

Maybe its for the best, With Fallout 4 coming out, anything less than max settings would be a darn shame :D
            sigpic

MEDIC!

Comment

If and when you get that PC good to go, I'll gift you a copy of ARMAIII to play exclusively here. ;)

TGU Instructor TG Pathfinder

Former TGU Dean Former ARMA Admin Former Irregulars Officer

"Do not seek death. Death will find you. But seek the road which makes death a fulfillment." - Dag Hammarskjold

Comment

It's 60% off right now...

Comment

The game is cpu intensive. Yes...a good vid card will go a long way but a good cpu that can take an Overclock and an SSD are very important elements to running ARMA. Basically...you need a high end box to really play on anything above the lowest settings.
                  sigpic
                  |TG-1st|Grunt
                  ARMA Admin (retired)
                  Pathfinder-Spartan 5

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed