TGs Arma 3 Insurgency Server - Lets Talk

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TGs Arma 3 Insurgency Server - Lets Talk

Just because I have some official announcements to make now & then in the first thread about the Insurgency server, I've created this one for further discussion. This will simply ensure that everyone will see any official notifications regarding this server without having to go back through a history of posts that are of a day to day type nature.

On that subject, it's been some great games this last week and I wanna welcome all the new players to our forums and our servers. If you have been lurking around but haven't signed up for the forums yet, no pressure but we would like to see you on TS.
    |TG-189th| Unkl
    ArmA 3 Game Officer
    Dean of Tactical Gamer University
    189th Infantry Brigade Member
    SUBMIT A RIBBON NOMINATION OR CONTACT AN ARMA ADMIN
    "We quickly advance in the opposite direction and take cover in a house on the SW side of town." - BadStache

Re: TGs Arma 3 Insurgency Server - Lets Talk

There has been some pretty good times on the Insurgency server!

Comment

Thanks Unkl for providing a spot for Solo to rub it in :(

"Ok....smoke sometimes works."

Comment

:)

Comment

Yes I agree, we have had some outstanding missions on the second server. Many new faces, old vets, and fresh action.

Has there been any movement or word on the glitches that we have encountered? Or are these glitches in fact working as normal, meaning there is no proximity feature for enemy spawns? It is merely first come first serve in the red areas?

Current ARMA Development Project: No Current Project

"An infantryman needs a leader to be the standard against which he can judge all soldiers."

Friend of |TG| Chief

Comment

I've noticed that enemies get drawn in from very far away, at times. A cluster of red squares can be drawn in to a firefight from over 2km, it seems like at times. This leads to absolutely stellar game-play as the enemy is more likely to flank you; we've all had those "OH SH-!" moments when you think all is calm--or when you are heavily engaged seemingly only to your front--and suddenly GL's & LMG fire is dropping people as the enemies have ninja'd up behind you.

I love those moments when the AI completely surprises you, and suddenly what had been going like clockwork feels like it is slipping out of control in the span of just moments. INTENSE moments like this make it an awesome game mode , but there is one thing that I think can improve Insurgency...OBJECTIVES. I'm not sure if it can be done, or how hard it would be, but I'd like to see some objective based scenarios from time to time instead of the strictly "Sweep-and-Clear" ops. It can become very repetitive repetitive to do only that.

My idea is this: implement randomly occurring objectives/scenarios--possibly make them time-sensitive, or something like that. Scenarios like: a convoy protection detail that needs to resupply an FOB; suddenly intel reports the location(s) ofd HVT(s), and you must eliminate them within a time window (maybe there can be a higher concentration of enemy, or AI set at a higher difficulty, around the targets); a hostage's location becomes know, and we need move in and rescue them; etc. etc. The objectives could, like I said, be better armed insurgents, and/or more "skilled".

I love how it is right now, do not get me wrong, but I think it can be improved (actually I it can know, since everything can be improved upon except possibly that video of Kate Upton dancing in a bikini...you know, the one where she is spraying herself with a hose? In a backyard?...Yup...). There are times when I play on Server 2 and I simply do not get that sense of accomplishment you get when you're on the other server and a particularly tough objective is completed.

I think that, if possible, this could be a way to introduce a little bit of a twist to TG's current Insurgency gameplay.

(Sorry, a bit long winded, but I've been thinking about this for quite a bit. Thank you for reading.)

Edit: Makes me wish I knew how to edit/script :(
            Last edited by Pale Horseman; 07-13-2015, 11:48 PM.
            "Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power." -Abraham Lincoln
            ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Comment

I kind of like Kate Upton in the pool with the wet t shirt even better. But anything Kate is good !

No seriously...I like Pale's suggestion of random side missions.
              sigpic
              |TG-1st|Grunt
              ARMA Admin (retired)
              Pathfinder-Spartan 5

Comment

Pale . . . "Blue Square Satisfaction" . . . . or are you a "I can't get no . . . .satisfaction" kind of guy??? . . . LOL

Good thoughts, but at the moment, I'm loving it just as it is, and we (well when "I've" been there) haven't even explored (cleared) but 10% (or less) of the available mission areas. Wonder what is in some of the larger towns . . .and in the open spaces. Let's drop into the MHQ and start exploring wherever "IT" is the next couple of times.

Count me in.

Solo

Comment

Originally posted by MadSoloSniper View Post
                  Pale . . . "Blue Square Satisfaction" . . . . or are you a "I can't get no . . . .satisfaction" kind of guy??? . . . LOL

Solo
                  :icon13:
                  BOOOOO! lol

Seriously though, I haven't ever been in firefights that have been as satisfying (;)) and fun as the ones we've had in the Insurgency server recently; it is an awesome, balls-out, edge of your seat experience. It most certainly does leave you with a warm fuzzy feeling when you clear a town. A fuzzy feeling that is edged with the "fear"--I guess that is the word for it--of the knowledge that just because the squares nearest you are blue, enemies are often drawn in from squares much further than you realize. And they'll take routes that loop completely around you so that you do not see them until they are good and ready (or at least it seems that way).

Tonight our group of 10-14 people got wiped twice within the 1st half-hour of connecting for me. While some people might say that this AI is too good, but I disagree. The server is fine as it is; better then fine, actually, and I just wanted to share my $0.02 as well as a possible future where there are side-missions on the Insurgency server. :D

P.S.: How hard is it to edit/script? I have always wanted to do it (hell, since my Op Flashpoint days), but I've kind of always assumed it was beyond my tech savvy.

And we have been dropping into the MHQ quite often and heading into different parts of the map, or at least when Unkl is on we usually do that.
                  "Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power." -Abraham Lincoln
                  ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Comment

Pale,

Ya, you dropped in the other night just after some great CQB and squad / team movement work and then we decide we would "go up against the whale" and yep, we go summarily spanked.

As for "objective" and Insurgency - MHO - the nature of the squares and the ability to clear them with 3 or with 30 is what is so nice about Insurgency (my mind) because it's not like if you slot in with 4 there is just no way to get the mission done. Take 4 and post up in some good locations and pick away at the masses until they are at a nicer (more even) setting and THEN head into town to mop up. They are by their nature "objectives" and just like real EI, they won't all run and sometimes you have to "hunt them down". . . . good stuff.

Lastly on EI movement and their seeming ability to "Flank" so well. I think we forget that as easily as we can hear the EI chatter . . . . they can hear us as well, and when we go out "loud" and throw all sorts of GL at a target . . . there is going to be a commensurate counter action to that amound of noise . . . . when we go in quiet (little voice / chatter) and the squad is on suppressors and is minimal in their rounds used and the amount they talk (and let's be realistic, there is a lot of banter on the field - but that IS part of the fun) . . . I find we have little pull from other areas. But (Huge BUT by the way), that's part of what I love. It is SOOOOOO much more real . . . things happen and are fluid on the battle field and you can never (NEVER) let your guard down. Adds to the experience and some of the realism in my mind.

Good stuff, good team play the other night, and Pale . . . . I look forward to more time on the field with you very soon.

To the team members from the other night (even [MENTION=17094]Wicks[/MENTION] - wink) thanks for awesome mission execution and team play.

See you all soon,

Solo

Comment

On the note of GLs, when I was leading a few nights ago I actually had my guys hold off on them until we started to get into heavy contacts. Its easy to overlook the pull that those things can generate with the EI.

Not sure how much it helped, but then again it was night, we had a thunderstorm, and I think it was raining as hard as it could so stealth was a much easier option.
                      ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Comment

Stop with the heresy! There is NEVER a bad time to use a 40mm Grenade! NEVER, NEVER, NEVER! :)
                        </end grenadier ranting>

Comment

Annnnnnndddd there is your reason to Never Never Never . . . . drop your 360 security . . . .

You just keep lobbing them accurately Noyava and I'll cover our six . . . :-)

LOL

Comment

Haha - Solo, You kill the ones dumb enough to stick their heads up, and I'll kill the smart ones hiding behind walls. Team work! :)

Comment

Wanted to drop a line or two in here and thank everyone involved for a tremendous night's gaming on the TG Insurgency server last (Tuesday) night. I was on the server for a long, long while. Started playing on my own, poking around the AO and testing out weapons platforms and was soon joined by Solo, then gradually it snowballed as we reached peak time.

We ended up with a great bunch of people on the server who all seemed to know what they were doing and had a real sense of teamwork, tactics and fun. I lead for a while in my own extremely rusty way and the people playing in our squad made this possible by knowing their business and going about it with humour and initiative. I won't name names as with everything going on I'll undoubtedly forget someone. Suffice to say it was a spectacularly enjoyable night for me personally and it was great to have the time to actually sit down and play Arma for a good stint with fellow TG'rs and people I had never met before.

I can't stress this enough. The ability for me to be able to drop onto the server without some degree of planning and coordination (which isn't always possible) and get in game with like minded players and get some realistic, teamwork focused tactical action going is manna from heaven. The emergent nature of the gameplay in Insurgency combined with a focused tactical Community means to some degree the 'game is what you make it' and we make it good.

Had an absolute blast, some great humour and camraderie, met some great people and had a bucket of intense and tactical firefights. Thanks all and see you again tomorrow for more of the same lol.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X