ALiVE Insurgency - Test On Now

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ALiVE Insurgency - Test On Now

I've just spooled up the ArmA 3 Insurgency server with the ALiVE mod's version of Insurgency.

This is just the default mission and I have no access to my gaming rig to check how it is working. Feedback would be appreciated.

Figure we can try this out and I'll see what it is like.

You can get this required mod from Steam:
    @cba_a3

This one you CAN'T get from Steam:
    Last edited by Unkl; 11-20-2015, 11:09 AM.
    |TG-189th| Unkl
    ArmA 3 Game Officer
    Dean of Tactical Gamer University
    189th Infantry Brigade Member
    SUBMIT A RIBBON NOMINATION OR CONTACT AN ARMA ADMIN
    "We quickly advance in the opposite direction and take cover in a house on the SW side of town." - BadStache

Re: ALiVE Insurgency - Test On Now

Whoops, I tricked myself. You must get ALiVE from the link in the post above.
    |TG-189th| Unkl
    ArmA 3 Game Officer
    "We quickly advance in the opposite direction and take cover in a house on the SW side of town." - BadStache

Comment

I personaly am not a fan of the "no names and locations on the map. I dont understand the mission either. I see a red checkered area so I made my way to it, no enemy in sight stood there for 1o min, I assume I just don't know what I am doing with the new mission type so any help would be great played with b and others for a bit and he was able to create a mission, which was ok. Later I was on with Experiment and Sparrow, sparrow crashed a heli at base by mistake and it apparently took out the virtual arsenal, and it has not been in game for an hour now. So far I think it has potential, hopefully I am not alone in wanting names to appear on map. Also if anyone knows how to explain the new mission I would like to get the details as I cannot figure out what I am doing.
      May God have mercy upon my enemies, because I won’t.
      -- Gen. George S. Patton

|TG189th| Cody

Comment

In it's current incarnation it is a little light on direction.
        More or less how it works is Insurgents can be *anywhere* on the map. So you just go out on patrol and start looking for them, kill them and start acquiring intel on Caches. Trust me, you'll find some action pretty quick if you head for a town or military base. Thanks to prior knowledge (having seen it running on other servers) I immediately set out to find enemies in the nearest town and ran into an enemy patrol before I got half way. On top of that players in the leadership roles can use the Command Console to generate "side missions" like the Base Defense and Kill the HVT missions that B generated for us this afternoon.

As to friendly player map maters - I found out you can get icons on the map showing were Friendly units are located (though it seemed to update a little slowly) though the ALiVE menu. Here are the directions to access the ALiVE menu in game:

How do I bring up the ALiVE menu (Combat Support / Admin Actions / View Distance etc)?
        Your player must have the required item defined on the Combat Support module (see below) and the relevant modules must be placed in the editor.
        Use your App Key to open the ALiVE menu: the app key is found next to your right control key. If you do not have that key you can map it to any other key once in game by going to Configure >> Controls >> Configure Addons >> Addon: ALiVE.
        Alternatively, the old method of mapping User Key 20 in the options menu of the game still works but you will need to restart ArmA for this to take effect.
        (http://alivemod.com/wiki/index.php/F...ance_etc.29.3F)

Not being able to see peoples name tags when you are standing near them was more painful for me. I can ask people to drop a map marker if need their location. gets pretty old asking people "who are you again?" for the 3rd time in 15 minutes. Wastes the brain cycles I need to use to avoid getting shot :)

I have no advise on preventing crashes into the arsenal box :(

Comment

What stood out more for me. As I don't mind finding out our own "intel" on a mission such as this is....engaging enemies within 100m of other enemies who do not respond to the gunshots or "radio traffic" about our location. The other version seems to do a way better job of that. Still, I'm sure with a little tweaking with the mission and ALiVE modules this effect could be achieved...it doesn't warrant leaving Insurgency open to all who have Arma 3 standalone.

Was an interesting look see. We will keep looking at possible extensions to our regular offering.
          |TG-189th| Unkl
          ArmA 3 Game Officer

Comment

Originally posted by Noyava View Post
            Not being able to see peoples name tags when you are standing near them was more painful for me. I can ask people to drop a map marker if need their location. gets pretty old asking people "who are you again?" for the 3rd time in 15 minutes. Wastes the brain cycles I need to use to avoid getting shot :)

I have no advise on preventing crashes into the arsenal box :(
            If you are going to require mods, you might as well add few more. ShackTac UI is pretty nice feature showing you compass, where everyone near by is in relation to you, showing names when close to people and showing entire fireteam with names and class icons. It will also color those icons if group leader changes their Team color so you can make Red/Blue/Yellow FTLs easily. I'm also big fan of TFAR/ACRE2 but that requires Teamspeak.

ALiVE Insurgency is pretty cool and I love playing it. I haven't seen units not reacting to combat, in fact, when we play ALiVE insurgency, we tend to end up with other problem, we get bogged down and AI overwhelms us.

Comment

Originally posted by TheRabbit View Post
              I'm also big fan of TFAR/ACRE2 but that requires Teamspeak.
              You're preaching to the choir for a few TGers. We used the ShackHUD, ACE, and ACRE on BRAVO server in the ARMA 2 days, but many good points are made about the learning curve of mods and the effort needed to support them. We're without a choice here at TG at the moment, but who is to say what the future holds.

Personally, I haven't really found the gameplay to be that different, I will never ever be okay with Vanilla VON though. We can't get upset at administration over that. They're right there with us in our scruples.

Current ARMA Development Project: No Current Project

"An infantryman needs a leader to be the standard against which he can judge all soldiers."

Friend of |TG| Chief

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
              X