New Patch Today

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Patch Today

Steam just dropped a 2.2 GB patch FYI. Server need updating? Contacting UNKL maybe he'll see this post first.

"Ok....smoke sometimes works."

Re: New Patch Today

1.54 update is live and it has some significant changes:
    http://dev.arma3.com/post/spotrep-00049

My personal favorites:
    Added: Cargo gunners in Offroad are able to use launchers
    Added: Front cargo gunners in Offroad are able to stand up and fire

That's right, you can fire your Titan while standing the back of the offroad and cruising down the road at 100kph. :)

Comment

Like a boxing glove on the end of a spring.

Nice.

Current ARMA Development Project: No Current Project

"An infantryman needs a leader to be the standard against which he can judge all soldiers."

Friend of |TG| Chief

Comment

stamina bar? This should be interesting.

Interested in listening to guitar playing and a good conversation, look for me on TS.

"Hope is for the weak. I hope for nothing. I work for things. That is the only way for events to unfold." -Cleverbot

Comment

I feel like the stamina system got worse after this patch. Once you hit 100% weight you can only walk at 5 kph which doesn't bother me, what does is that you can infinitely run at 14 kph at 99% weight without decreasing in speed, ever. Although you can only sprint for a millisecond since you only get 1% of the bar to sprint with. Another interesting thing is that walking rests you as fast as if you are standing still, crouching or being prone.

My favorite change in the update is that you can now aim down your sights in all prone positions (you couldn't do that earlier with the one position where you lay on your side peeking around a corner with only your head)

Edit: oo, I forgot the change where amraam's and other medium range AA missiles are now more effective than before and asraam's are less effective... this one might be the best.
          - Current ArmA Pathfinder

sigpic

Comment

Can you explain to me how you ran forever at 99% weight? Last night I had 90% weight (carrying AA launcher and one extra missile) and I would get to force walk mode after maybe a minute of jogging. I'd love to know what I was doing wrong :)

Edit: Disregard - I see what you mean by not slowing down. I think it was the hills stopping me jogging yesterday evening. You do get significant weapon sway when you run down your stamina though, so there is a consequence. The good news is you can keep up your jog with a heavy load and not fall behind the team becuase you took the AT kit. so that's nice.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
            X