Insurgency server question.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Insurgency server question.

I hopped on for about 15 minutes last night and was alone so I grabbed a vehicle and went cruising. My "Search and Destroy" was a dismal failure (didn't encounter any resistance nor find a cache in any brown zones).

When I left , I abandoned the vehicle somewhere on the map and after was thinking , as a "persistent world" , should I have returned the vehicle to the compound first or will it simply re-spawn after a certain period of time.

Also , if I'm the only one on or the first , should I take the leaders role (to avoid that "please join a squad") or does it matter? And if I do and some others join , how would I relinquish the role?

Gotta go watch some more of those UTube tutorials .
    [CoFR] BeerHunter

You shouldn't feel bad because you're not succeeding. It's far better to feel confident that you have the ability to handle failure

Re: Insurgency server question.

Hey Beer,

Sounds like there were other active areas that were holding up the populating scripts. This appears to happen when all players disconnect from the server when an area is activated. The scripts may not bother checking that an area is left activated. This is a problem we are going to have to address at the script level. The only thing you could do at that point is to get an admin to restart the mission or vote yourself admin and restart the mission.

It's not 100% proven that this is the source of this bug but it is highly probable. Noyava had an excellent suggestion yesterday on how to address other issues with the size of the mission and I'll be looking for some help in scripting a solution to this conundrum in the near future. It involves creating a catalog of the "activatable" grids and then running a randomizer script to only activate select areas of the map each time the mission runs. This would both address the temptation for players to run wild and condense the action and promote teamwork.

In another note: I believe I've discovered the change I'd made to recent versions that is leading to the server bogging down within Pyrgos. I will address that in a new version today and Pyrgos shoulld be back on the boards as a good fight without game killing lag by tonight.
    |TG-189th| Unkl
    ArmA 3 Game Officer
    Dean of Tactical Gamer University
    189th Infantry Brigade Member
    SUBMIT A RIBBON NOMINATION OR CONTACT AN ARMA ADMIN
    "We quickly advance in the opposite direction and take cover in a house on the SW side of town." - BadStache

Comment

Great to see these kinds of questions and the consideration about standing vehicles.

Thanks!

Current ARMA Development Project: No Current Project

"An infantryman needs a leader to be the standard against which he can judge all soldiers."

Friend of |TG| Chief

Comment

Good point Dimi...about the vehicles in the Insurgency mission all vehicles are on a timer/distance limitation so if you abandon the vehicle for x meters then they will despawn. This is so that assets are available from the starting locations and you don't have to worry about public players using them for disposable transportation bogging down the logistics of the mission.
        |TG-189th| Unkl
        ArmA 3 Game Officer
        Dean of Tactical Gamer University
        189th Infantry Brigade Member
        SUBMIT A RIBBON NOMINATION OR CONTACT AN ARMA ADMIN
        "We quickly advance in the opposite direction and take cover in a house on the SW side of town." - BadStache

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
        X