No announcement yet.

Missions and Events you want to see.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [INFO] Missions and Events you want to see.

This happens from time to time on Tactical Tuesdays where someone wants to set up a certain time or a certain server/ mission. However this doesn't have to only be for TacTues if you would like to see a certain mission or would like to see a certain event for perhaps a Sunday event then please make a request in the ArmA CAA this can really help us see what missions the community wants to play and what missions you have been really wanting to see or have created a mission and want it played please make a request.

Also look at the Mission List for Server One for any ideas or to browse some of the mission we have on the server!

Thanks guys and hope we can get some good events rolling! (Don't be afraid to make requests!)

Re: Missions and Events you want to see.

I recently submitted 4 new missions. The style of development for these missions is what was inspired by what Noyava messaged me: "I wish we could play a shorter missions. Slot, play, review, load up another one, reslot..".. (Paraphrasing). Also Frodo said on TS "Those quick firefight ones are more fun." (Paraphrasing). Also I have been pubbing with intel and Noya with this model in use already. Players slot in, play a mission, sticks around for another after death. The missions here make the difference (this server had tons of missions. They were mostly static, but the about 50+ of them).

So there is a common theme for these four missions:
    • Very small AO. One town or compound usually.
    • Players are already en-route to the AO.
    • No ammo box. Default BIS loadouts for each roles. (I know I am gonna get **** for this.). But play with the default loadouts. Your friendly ammo bearers are always there with their huge backpacks lugging extra ammo for you.
    • Mobile respawn on the vehicles. So the respawn can be as close as the commander can make it without losing it
    • Hard time limit of 45 minutes. It is so that mission does not drag on too long and players know to commit 45 minutes not anything longer. Same goes for the those leaders who are stepping up
    • Very simplified group structures. one or two units. Easier for new commanders and leaders to take on the simpler games.
    • Several failure conditions (too many soldier deaths, losing mobile vhicle respawns). So if the commander does make a bad decision there will be consequences. But also to encourage failing and learning from it.
    • Extremely well performing.. Because of the small AO and the resulting AI and the absence of all kinds of scripts, these missions will run great. Even testing on my old PC felt awesome.

Play two of these in a row and there is an event for ya. As time allows and my motivation musters, I wanna do AirCav one and pure Infantry ones. Because I don;t mess with loadout restriction, these missions are done within about an hour or so.

Comment

That sounds like a great approach B. Plus...I'd really like to play some of the earlier missions we had run like the Diary series that was so fun. We did a series of them over the course of several weeks. The game play was great and the narrative of week to week was really a fun thing. Not sure how current they are or if they need fixing but ....I guess I'm saying a mini campaign thingy would be fun...maybe using the style B is describing above so they are shorter. Capter the intel, move to the AO, eliminate the guards, rescue the hostage, take out the AA so you can extract, extract...etc etc...just thinking out loud.
      sigpic
      |TG-1st|Grunt
      ARMA Admin (retired)
      Pathfinder-Spartan 5

Comment

I want to play these new missions B has cooked up. Anyone up for an afternoon game this week let me know!

Comment

Graduated, no job till after Christmas...bleh, not like I'm doing anything...constructive that is :)

"Ok....smoke sometimes works."

Comment

Originally posted by |TG| Connor View Post
            ... if you would like to see a certain mission or would like to see a certain event for perhaps a Sunday event then please make a request in the ArmA CAA ...
            Players are encouraged to contact the admin team to get official support to set up events. Events that require sign ups or not, events sponsored by your In-House-Squad, events that are big or small....all players have the ability to connect with the admin team to see what fits. Admins can't be at every event or often schedule RL around regular event times. We currently are a very small team so we need you guys to get in there and make proposals and we can set things up in advance even.

I just like to see two weeks advance notice of most events because it gives participants enough time for notification, schedule adjustments & ANTICIPATION.
            Last edited by Unkl; 12-10-2015, 10:15 AM.
            |TG-189th| Unkl
            ArmA 3 Game Officer
            Dean of Tactical Gamer University
            189th Infantry Brigade Member
            SUBMIT A RIBBON NOMINATION OR CONTACT AN ARMA ADMIN
            "We quickly advance in the opposite direction and take cover in a house on the SW side of town." - BadStache

Comment

Originally posted by Unkl View Post
              I just like to see two weeks advance notice of most events because it gives participants enough time for notification, schedule adjustments & ANTICIPATION.
              That's a long freaking time. I've been playing with a few missions and 3 week lifecycle between missions assuming 1 week to make and 2 to run it is huge. I understand people can't make everything but there is always next one.

Comment

Originally posted by TheRabbit View Post
                That's a long freaking time. I've been playing with a few missions and 3 week lifecycle between missions assuming 1 week to make and 2 to run it is huge. I understand people can't make everything but there is always next one.
                It's really not. Before you were here we would have events that had upwards of 40 people signing up a month or two in advance. I am saying this so other players do not assume 2 weeks is a long time for a sign up event.

Not to be the nostalgic one, but here was the last Scorpion Ops event that I ran. I was considering continuing the SPEC OPS based missions but with everyone wanting fast action, close respawns and no medical system, I've decided to wait to see if others change their desires.

http://www.tacticalgamer.com/threads...ry-quot-Oct-13

I'd love to conclude the event by developing a 5th mission but I don't know if anyone would sign up.

Current ARMA Development Project: No Current Project

"An infantryman needs a leader to be the standard against which he can judge all soldiers."

Friend of |TG| Chief

Comment

And to put a slightly finer point on Dimi's comment - 2 weeks is for planning purposes and would be when signups begin (allowing time to adjust home schedules to make sure to be at what are always Amazing Events) but people can signup and attend (as long as all the slots are not already taken) up to game time. The goal for event missions is to set CO, SL, and other leadership so they can do pre-mission planning in advance of the event mission itself. When it's all said and done 2 weeks for an event type mission (done right) actually isn't a lot of time to get it all ready.

Awesome stuff, looking forward to some full mission events in the very near future.

Comment

That was your 1,234th post, Solo.

"An infantryman needs a leader to be the standard against which he can judge all soldiers."

Friend of |TG| Chief

Comment

Originally posted by Noyava View Post
                      I want to play these new missions B has cooked up. Anyone up for an afternoon game this week let me know!
                      I ran these with a group recently. Sadly, I had a few too many cans of "juice" to remember if I had fun or not.

Originally posted by Dimitrius View Post
                      I was considering continuing the SPEC OPS based missions but with everyone wanting fast action, close respawns and no medical system, I've decided to wait to see if others change their desires.
                      That is just it. DIfferent mission makers should be known for their style of development. Offer multiple styles of gameplay. Diversity would allow us to learn from each other. Develop to your style and put it out there, there is bound to be interest. At least on the first run.

Comment

Originally posted by |TG| B View Post
                        That is just it. DIfferent mission makers should be known for their style of development. Offer multiple styles of gameplay. Diversity would allow us to learn from each other. Develop to your style and put it out there, there is bound to be interest. At least on the first run.
                        Thanks B, you have inspired me to get the ball rolling on Scorpion Ops: Anti Venom

Friend of |TG| Chief

Comment

What ever happened to the no re-spawn (limited tickets at least), assault a village missions? ( CO14...somethingsomething ) ;)

Those missions were great for the ArmA community. Certainly in terms of developing new players into ArmA, no frills, just straight forward jump into fire fight. A squad sized number to learn & apply the knowledge gained from the TGU's Basic Infantry courses.
                          A quick, jump in, get shot at then clear the village. A short AAR, recycle to another map/mission of the same series and/or prepare for the ultimate TG hosted events.
                          Those I miss. Simple, basic kit, basic load outs, no messing about with 20mm pistols with suppressors, 3x scope, and bipod attachments.

My files from A2 days of such missions are outdated (for obvious reasons), and my mission making ability is rusty to say the least. Feel free to rip those apart and update them at your leisure.

TGU Instructor TG Pathfinder

Former TGU Dean Former ARMA Admin Former Irregulars Officer

"Do not seek death. Death will find you. But seek the road which makes death a fulfillment." - Dag Hammarskjold

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                          X