Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [INFO] Server Radio Update

To all ArmA players,

As you may already know, Unkl our GO (Game Officer) has updated the server MOD details of the Insurgency server (here).

I am very glad & really appreciate that Unkl took this huge leap, due to our inconsistent VON issues.
    However, I would personally really appreciate if we all could utilize this radio mod for what it is.
    A tool to aid in our game play, not a weight that will bog the game play down. I can't stress this enough, and don't want it to be taken away. I like my toys thankyouverymuch.

Allow my small "2 cents" here. We all come from various experiences in life, and some of us managed to retain some knowledge gained (albeit ancient) from our previous adventures. Therefore, said some may appreciate (even be positively amused) of what is being utilised here.
    However, please for the sake of fun. Let's strive not to be all OCD about it. It reminds us of well, in a word. Job.

We're here to have fun, and the end goal is to enjoy the company of our community members here, and the new; through the medium of a game called ArmA.

However, for those of you that are completely new to the world of "radio usage" you may find this link & this somewhat helpful.
    This was done back when I was fortunately a part of TGU (Tactical Gamer University), some may have been altered to fit the new (Go ask [MENTION=38102]Unkl[/MENTION]).

Having said that, lets all go enjoy a game or two or ten, and not clog the net with unnecessary garble. I'm sure your date with Carmen Electra was awesome; that's a need to know info, and I don't need to know. ;)

p.s. Don't forget the language rules here. I recently got a slap on the wrist for it. Keep it PG-13.
    p.p.s. How to install & use the radio is explained here.

TGU Instructor · TG Pathfinder

Former TGU Dean · Former ARMA Admin · Former Irregulars Officer

"Do not seek death. Death will find you. But seek the road which makes death a fulfillment." - Dag Hammarskjold

Re: Server Radio Update

Thanks for the post Low.

Current ARMA Development Project: No Current Project

"An infantryman needs a leader to be the standard against which he can judge all soldiers."

Friend of |TG| Chief

Comment

For those among us that prefer to see it done rather than read about it - here is a 3 minute YouTube video on installing TaskForceRadio mod and the associated TeamSpeak plugin:

Comment

I vote to sticky the video, to help reduce the support time needed by computer savvy adminis, ect.
        May God have mercy upon my enemies, because I won’t.
        -- Gen. George S. Patton

|TG189th| Cody

Comment

Originally posted by Cody View Post
          I vote to sticky the video, to help reduce the support time needed by computer savvy adminis, ect.
          I recorded video last night on how to set up and use TFR at TacticalGamer. I've just completed the editing and am uploading it currently. Wait, out.
          |TG-189th| Unkl
          ArmA 3 Game Officer
          Dean of Tactical Gamer University
          189th Infantry Brigade Member
          SUBMIT A RIBBON NOMINATION OR CONTACT AN ARMA ADMIN
          "We quickly advance in the opposite direction and take cover in a house on the SW side of town." - BadStache

Comment

Use our TG ArmA Rules - Start Here thread!

But for the sake of ease...

Also, these links have been added to the TFR Help Channel in teamspeak.
            |TG-189th| Unkl
            ArmA 3 Game Officer
            "We quickly advance in the opposite direction and take cover in a house on the SW side of town." - BadStache

Comment

UNKL, nice production value. Great demonstration.

"An infantryman needs a leader to be the standard against which he can judge all soldiers."

Friend of |TG| Chief

Comment

Oh goodie...another MOD to install .. configurations to adjust and...and a slew of key binds to learn. :row__687: :icon12:

Seriously..I downloaded the video for reference and printed the instructions so it shouldn't be that big a deal. Good job. :row__593:
                [CoFR] BeerHunter

You shouldn't feel bad because you're not succeeding. It's far better to feel confident that you have the ability to handle failure

Comment

"You must spread reputation...blah blah" [MENTION=38102]Unkl[/MENTION]

Once you've installed the mod, all you need are these keys:
                  CTRL = push to talk on local (or what your TeamSpeak PTT was)
                  CAPS LOCK = PTT key on short range
                  CAPS LOCK + CTRL = PTT key on long range

For those of you still installing, it pays to follow the installation instructions very carefully within the webpage and instructions given here.

TGU Instructor · TG Pathfinder

Former TGU Dean · Former ARMA Admin · Former Irregulars Officer

"Do not seek death. Death will find you. But seek the road which makes death a fulfillment." - Dag Hammarskjold

Comment

Originally posted by LowSpeedHighDrag View Post
                    "You must spread reputation...blah blah" [MENTION=38102]Unkl[/MENTION]

Once you've installed the mod, all you need are these keys:
                    CTRL = push to talk on local (or what your TeamSpeak PTT was)
                    CAPS LOCK = PTT key on short range
                    CAPS LOCK + CTRL = PTT key on long range

For those of you still installing, it pays to follow the installation instructions very carefully within the webpage and instructions given here.
                    Ahhh..nice to know. I looked at the list of keybinds on the web site , shuddered , and wondered if it was worth the effort.

(printed for future reference)
                    [CoFR] BeerHunter

You shouldn't feel bad because you're not succeeding. It's far better to feel confident that you have the ability to handle failure

Comment

Originally posted by BeerHunter View Post
                      Ahhh..nice to know. I looked at the list of keybinds on the web site , shuddered , and wondered if it was worth the effort.

(printed for future reference)
                      Compared to some of the additional mods we have used in the past, TFR isn't that difficult to use. I think you'll find it very easy to operate.

Friend of |TG| Chief

Comment

Be advised: Some users have reported Norton products flagging TaskForceRadio .dll files as being malicious. If your installation doesn't work be sure to check your Anti-Virus logs!!
                        |TG-189th| Unkl
                        ArmA 3 Game Officer

Comment

Erwin had this issue. Rabbit and I helped him out and it was determined that his Norton was flagging that very file.

Field feedback

Friend of |TG| Chief

Comment

Installed (thanks for videos etc. Great help) but now I have some (silly) questions.

A: I have MMB assigned as PTT in both ArmA3 and TS3. Apparently from what I've read , the PTT in TS3 "CTRL = push to talk on local (or what your TeamSpeak PTT was)" the MMB would be the default for both games. Will this cause a conflict if TS3 is running and should I re-assign one of them?

B: Do you have to start TS3 and switch to the appropriate channel before starting ArmA3 or will TaskForce Radio connect automatically?

Txs
                            [CoFR] BeerHunter

Comment

1. You will rebind your PPT key in ArmA 3...actually delete the keybind so you won't be talking in game.
                              2. Your PPT key for TS3 will be your "direct" channel. So for you it will remain MMB.
                              3. Your radios will be "Caps Lock" for short range and "Ctrl-Caps Lock" for long range when you have a long range radio.

4. You need to start TS and connect to the TG server. Once you join the game - or restart your TFR TS3 plugin - you will be moved into the correct TaskForceRadio. If you want to move into that channel on your own you will need the password which is: 123
                              |TG-189th| Unkl
                              ArmA 3 Game Officer

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X