Pledge to continue Scorpion OPs.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pledge to continue Scorpion OPs.

For those of you who remember the ARMA 2 days, I developed and ran several advanced spec ops missions on the Bravo server. Unlike the Insurgency and persistent missions, these missions focus on single objectives and usually do not have respawn or JIP(But do include revive). They were very successful in the past and while they're not workhorses like our current missions, they are an opportunity for the more advanced players to practice coordinated take-downs, fluid communications, and tactical timing.

I know most of the missions we are engaging in at the moment are faster paced, but I am curious if the player base would welcome the addition of a few more intimate missions requiring more unforgiving circumstances?

They are story driven, usually episodic and typically sign up events which allows us to assign roles ahead of time and for fire teams to practice before the event if necessary.

If this sounds like something you are interested in, let me know, depending on community feedback, I may start up SCORPION again.

These are the previous missions, in order, if you are interested in seeing the format that I use and the roles within.

1. Scoripion Ops: Foreclosure
    http://www.tacticalgamer.com/threads...uot-7-22-2012?

2. Scoripion Ops: Consequence
    http://www.tacticalgamer.com/threads...ulu-14-00-CST?

3. Scoripion Ops: Neptune Recovery
    http://www.tacticalgamer.com/threads...y-quot-Oct-13?

4. Scoripion Ops: Anti-Venom
    http://www.tacticalgamer.com/threads...day-01-20-13?h

Edit: These missions will not use Arsenal, you must finish the mission with the gear you start with. There is usually more than enough specialty items and ammo for scorpion.

Thanks.
    Yes
    92.31%
    No
    7.69%

The poll is expired.

Last edited by Dimitrius; 12-14-2015, 11:33 AM.

Current ARMA Development Project: No Current Project

"An infantryman needs a leader to be the standard against which he can judge all soldiers."

Friend of |TG| Chief

Re: Pledge to continue Scorpion OPs.

Why not a series of planned events, say once a week, or every other week...like we did with the Diary missions B developed early on.

Do the missions need to be created for ARMA 3.
    sigpic
    |TG-1st|Grunt
    ARMA Admin (retired)
    Pathfinder-Spartan 5

Comment

Originally posted by Grunt 70 View Post
      Why not a series of planned events, say once a week, or every other week...like we did with the Diary missions B developed early on.

Do the missions need to be created for ARMA 3.

These events are a bit more in depth as I have scripted events during the missions, some pieces of dialouge, and the fact that I am the only one creating the content for it and it takes a while.

These missions are not meant to be played every day or week, usually just during the events, as they are not geared to be multi hour long persistent missions.

My style of mission making is based around linear events and episodic missions. B is a much better mission maker than I am when it comes to persistence, as is UNKL and the Rudolf.

"An infantryman needs a leader to be the standard against which he can judge all soldiers."

Friend of |TG| Chief

Comment

so...what are you suggesting then, for a schedule...
        sigpic
        |TG-1st|Grunt
        ARMA Admin (retired)
        Pathfinder-Spartan 5

Comment

Originally posted by Grunt 70 View Post
          so...what are you suggesting then, for a schedule...
          First I need to see if the community shows interest. If so then I will begin developing a few smaller tac ops missions to get the feel out. Then, with the blessing of the admins, I will request event space during a weekend and we will go from there. Theses are usually a month or two inbetween episodes. As I said, they are each custom developed and not templatized.

Thanks for the discussion. Questions like these, and any more you have, help me interface with the player base better. I do hope others ask questions like you are.

Friend of |TG| Chief

Comment

While I enjoy a protracted firefight against overwhelming numbers as much as anyone - I also enjoy the slow, tactical small team missions. One's where you have to think, plan, and then execute. No respawn is critical to this mission type, as high stakes is a big part of the fun :)

Comment

I get killed quickly and often so no respawn would pretty much keep me out.

Comment

I'm down for these types of missions, however, I will only be able to participate through the rest of this month and the beginning of the next.
                sigpic
                Pro Deo et Patria
                (For God and Country)

Comment

I'm definitely interested whenever I can make it work with my schedule.

Comment

Im interested as well, since Ive never done this kind of missions: what level of experience and knowledge do I need to be able to participate/enjoy?.
                    |MPL TRACE|

Comment

Originally posted by MPL TRACE View Post
                      Im interested as well, since Ive never done this kind of missions: what level of experience and knowledge do I need to be able to participate/enjoy?.
                      All TGers and public players are welcome to sign up. There are no requisites other than the team expects you to be able to work well with one another.

The aim of these missions is to instill a different type of immersion, but not restrictions on players.

All disclaimers are merely guidelines. All are welcome, but not all may enjoy the mission type. That has never been disputed.

Friend of |TG| Chief

Comment

Thanks for the reminder Unkl.

Here is one of the AARs for the missions if you are interested in seeing how they went in the past.

http://www.tacticalgamer.com/threads...-Action-Report

And TG's own [MENTION=46510]DeF[/MENTION] created an album for it. We jumped out of C117 Globemaster in a live HALO jump to start the mission. Check it out.

http://imgur.com/a/X4MYA

Friend of |TG| Chief

Comment

Dimi, if you're building I'm down for participating.

Heck if the team allows me the honor . . . I'd be up for leading them (into certain doom) as well. . . . . lol

Build it and we will come . . . . .:-)

Comment

Sounds fun
                            May God have mercy upon my enemies, because I wont.
                            -- Gen. George S. Patton

|TG189th| Cody

Comment

I remember with joy scorpion ops
                              For those of you who never had the pleasure, Dimitrius makes some very high quality missions. He puts a ton of time into them and I enjoyed every one I played. (Sadly I didn't catch every single one.)
                              . If it is on a weekend (usually are) I will be there. It would be a pleasure.
                              Last edited by Garthra; 12-17-2015, 10:50 PM.
                              The question foremost in my mind is "what will bring the most tactical fun to the server?"

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X