Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Recognition where it is due. ARMAs mission makers.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Recognition where it is due. ARMAs mission makers.

This is going to be a quick post.

During the American Holidays, there is a feeling of emphasis on being thankful for what you have. Today I would like to give thanks to the mission makers of Tactical Gamer that put their time into producing ARMA content for our pocket of TG.

For those of you who do not know, every mission is customed made and completely built from the ground up.

So to the members who make the scenarios that we enjoy on a daily basis... Thanks.

B, UNKL, and everyone else who I may be forgetting at the moment. Good job.

Dimitrius

Current ARMA Development Project: No Current Project

"An infantryman needs a leader to be the standard against which he can judge all soldiers."

Friend of |TG| Chief

Re: Recognition where it is due. ARMAs mission makers.

Bravo! ditto from Grunt.
    sigpic
    |TG-1st|Grunt
    ARMA Admin (retired)
    Pathfinder-Spartan 5

Comment

Ho Ho Ho

thank you

TGU Instructor TG Pathfinder

Former TGU Dean Former ARMA Admin Former Irregulars Officer

"Do not seek death. Death will find you. But seek the road which makes death a fulfillment." - Dag Hammarskjold

Comment

10/10 (except when Dimitrius is leading)

Comment

Thanks for all the hard work, patience and the great times, its very much appreciated.
          |MPL TRACE|

Comment

We can use more mission makers. Content is king as they say and variety is the spice of life. I bet you have an idea for a mission right now. I propose we start up Mission Making mondays if we can. Heck, if you are making a mission why not sit in the Mission Making channel. Give it a go!

Just remember to start with your triggers and the mechanics of your win/lose conditions at the start. Then populate your enemies after the mission works as you intend. Don't get too fancy off the start because there is a lot to learn. Take it slow.

Thanks for everyone who has contributed towards the missions we have on our servers indeed. Looking forward to new and fresh content!
            |TG-189th| Unkl
            ArmA 3 Game Officer
            Dean of Tactical Gamer University
            189th Infantry Brigade Member
            SUBMIT A RIBBON NOMINATION OR CONTACT AN ARMA ADMIN
            "We quickly advance in the opposite direction and take cover in a house on the SW side of town." - BadStache

Comment

I have a few ideas for missions, but no desire to learn how to make them.

Comment

Agreed thanks mission makers and admins. I do have some interest in mission making. I have made a couple basic single player missions with some success. However I feel the coding for TFR and other multi player items may be above my paygrade. I am willing to learn if someone is willing to teach! Perhaps a basic mission coding stick thread?
                May God have mercy upon my enemies, because I wont.
                -- Gen. George S. Patton

|TG189th| Cody

Comment

Originally posted by Cody View Post
                  Agreed thanks mission makers and admins. I do have some interest in mission making. I have made a couple basic single player missions with some success. However I feel the coding for TFR and other multi player items may be above my paygrade. I am willing to learn if someone is willing to teach! Perhaps a basic mission coding stick thread?
                  http://www.tacticalgamer.com/forums/...mA-Development

The development section of the forum is filled with helpful information on Mission editing.

"An infantryman needs a leader to be the standard against which he can judge all soldiers."

Friend of |TG| Chief

Comment

Also our [MENTION=38102]Game Officer[/MENTION] put up this helpful sticky post in '13. The links listed may help point you in the right direction.

Development takes time to learn, time to develop and time to test, it is, however, very rewarding.

http://www.tacticalgamer.com/threads...ting-in-ArmA-3

Friend of |TG| Chief

Comment

Originally posted by Cody View Post
                      However I feel the coding for TFR
                      No coding necessary. You just have to place the radios you want the players to have into their inventory slots. Or however you planned your mission out.

"Do not seek death. Death will find you. But seek the road which makes death a fulfillment." - Dag Hammarskjold

Comment

Originally posted by LowSpeedHighDrag View Post
                        No coding necessary. You just have to place the radios you want the players to have into their inventory slots. Or however you planned your mission out.
                        Sorry but this is incorrect. If you do this then all players must have TFR running or they will get kicked from the server. This is because the mission is trying to give them an object from a mod which they do not have.

We check to see if a player is running TFR and then they have the option to get radios from an ammo crate. See this link:

http://www.tacticalgamer.com/threads...n-Requirements
                        Last edited by Unkl; 12-27-2015, 04:36 AM.
                        |TG-189th| Unkl
                        ArmA 3 Game Officer
                        Dean of Tactical Gamer University
                        189th Infantry Brigade Member
                        SUBMIT A RIBBON NOMINATION OR CONTACT AN ARMA ADMIN
                        "We quickly advance in the opposite direction and take cover in a house on the SW side of town." - BadStache

Comment

Originally posted by Unkl View Post
                          Sorry but this is incorrect. If you do this then all players must have TFR running or they will get kicked from the server. This is because the mission is trying to give them an object from a mod which they do not have.

We check to see if a player is running and then they have the option to get radios from an ammo crate. See this link:

http://www.tacticalgamer.com/threads...n-Requirements
                          Uhh... Looks I've got make a change to my last mission submission :|

Comment

Ah! That old thing. I forgot about that aspect. Thanks

Comment

if anyone ever needs help with arma 3 mission making, no matter how stupid or complex the question is just PM me or post in script bin or mission dev sub forums. i really enjoy teaching this stuff and seeing great ideas being brought to life.
                              Yink | Vanilla Pilot | Killer of Stirling | CS GOD | Projects Team

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X