No announcement yet.

Piloting skill within the community.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [INFO] Piloting skill within the community.

I am curious as to where we are with the flight capability of our player base. If you don't mind providing your input, I would appreciate it.

This query is in relation to piloting rotary aircraft.
    No experience/"true novice" pilot
    6.67%
    I can take off and I can land without killing everyone onboard, ...usually.
    50.00%
    I am consistently able to manuever, evade attack, properly communicate, and land.
    43.33%

The poll is expired.

Last edited by Dimitrius; 12-30-2015, 07:11 PM.

Current ARMA Development Project: No Current Project

"An infantryman needs a leader to be the standard against which he can judge all soldiers."

Friend of |TG| Chief

Re: Piloting skill within the community.

You need another option:
    "I can take off, manuever, evade, communicate, and then KILL EVERYONE on board when i land crash."

Comment

I can land in a 10x10m^2 area in Arma's advanced flight model

Comment

Originally posted by Noyava View Post
        You need another option:
        "I can take off, manuever, evade, communicate, and then KILL EVERYONE on board when i land crash."
        So the fourth option should be "I'm Noyava"?
        Last edited by Dimitrius; 12-30-2015, 07:02 PM. Reason: Swapped a "D" for a "S"

Current ARMA Development Project: No Current Project

"An infantryman needs a leader to be the standard against which he can judge all soldiers."

Friend of |TG| Chief

Comment

Originally posted by Dimitrius View Post
          Do the fourth option should be "I'm Noyava"?
          It's kind of you to recognize that my pilot skills are in a class of their own.

Comment

I have a Old Saitek ST290 Stick that I have hooked up and tried but ATM I tend to do better with just using the keyboard. (I use the mouse only to look around when flying and driving vehicles) I'm going to at least keep trying with it to see if it'll help me with MY LANDINGS. Landing softly and precise is a key point that I currently just don't have. I'm not sure how the rest of the IHS would like to currently fly with me cuz I tend to be reckless, and sometimes kamikaze. "FOR THE HOrr....... RECON SQUAD!!!"

Comment

The poll is missing the "I have my own video series about rotary wing aircraft on Youtube" option :)

Originally posted by Loaffy View Post
              I have a Old Saitek ST290 Stick that I have hooked up and tried but ATM I tend to do better with just using the keyboard. (I use the mouse only to look around when flying and driving vehicles)
              Same here. I only bother using my Hotas for the AFM. Rudder pedals on the other hand have become essential for me.

Comment

im sure we have enough players that can fly very well, although at some occasions we get unlucky where none of those are online. I fly with both mouse and keyboard meaning I use alt/numpads to look around if I have to. I'll probably buy trackir Before joystick if I ever buy any of it one day... I Think the majority flies with joystick so thats good, I believe that's the only viable option if you want to fly with the advanced flight model but with the standard model all ways work.
                - Current ArmA Pathfinder

sigpic

Comment

Barring any hardware/internet crashes. I think I can manage. :)

TGU Instructor TG Pathfinder

Former TGU Dean Former ARMA Admin Former Irregulars Officer

"Do not seek death. Death will find you. But seek the road which makes death a fulfillment." - Dag Hammarskjold

Comment

Im Still rocking the mouse and keyboard, still can fly like arma 2, need a little more practice on the advance flight model to iron out some stuff but Im confident

Comment

I'm just along for the ride and eye roll a few of our pilots, no words needed.

Comment

23 ppl think pretty highly of their rotary wing abilities...the problem is some of them have asked me to fly instead of taking the controls themselves and I'm about 50 50 that we all won't die. I wouldn't put much faith in this self evaluation poll.

Comment

I been practicing on my off time from the server, and this may be weird, But I feel more comfortable in my flying when I'm using my keyboard, I use the mouse exclusively for viewing around. I been trying with my Joystick but feel like I'm being delayed when I use it, I do have a OLD joystick, but I feel comfortable in everything but landing, when I use the Keyboard. . I can land without crashing but I'm not able to land on a dime, maybe $3.50. If we're looking for landing inside of a town or in between trees. I'm currently not the guy you want for landing on a small city square, or inside a forest. Just not my cup of tea.

Comment

Originally posted by Loaffy View Post
                            I can land without crashing but I'm not able to land on a dime, maybe $3.50. If we're looking for landing inside of a town or in between trees. I'm currently not the guy you want for landing on a small city square, or inside a forest. Just not my cup of tea.
                            Meh, just wing it. I'm sure it'll be fine. -Me, every time I'm about to strike a tree with my rotor and render the current mission FUBAR

Comment

im not a true novice, i was pretty good in arma2 (if anyone was around for the PC Gamer La Drang mission i was the only pilot not to crash)
                              i just havnt flown in Arma3 hell, i dont even have my controls set up properly for it!

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X