Team Building

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Team Building

hey all so i was playing around with zeus today and had an idea that would work well for both leaders and reguler players for good teambuilding exersizes

so here is the idea one night on insugency i thought we could have someone on zeus who knows how to use it properly (not sure who that would be im to much of a novice for it) and his task would be to set obsticals in the path of the team clearing grids it could be anything from a random patrol intercepting us to a vehicle or ieds anything he could come up with (within reason ofcourse) this would

1. provide great practice for new leaders (or more expericend ones who want to hone there skills)
    2. allow more variaty in combat for example the need for eod teams anti tank teams support teams so on so forth
    3. provide for a great playing experience for everyone to enjoy something fresh that dosent have the need or large mods like rhs

let me know what you all think on this also sorry for poor typeing

see you all in game

Regards Frodo
    sigpic

Re: Team Building

Hi Frodo, we do this with MCC sandbox and, on occasion, with missions that are fit for ZEUS interaction.

Good ideas

Current ARMA Development Project: No Current Project

"An infantryman needs a leader to be the standard against which he can judge all soldiers."

Friend of |TG| Chief

Comment

Both me and Noyava ran Zeus on the MCC missions yesterday. When I run Zeus on that mission I dedicate myself to it completely (not joining in combat) to focus more on variety and getting good performance with less AI. I hope to get some more time on Zeus in any kind of missions and would love feedback if anyone plays when I'm the showrunner.

For variety there's also the other 50 or so great missions on the server each with a different theme, I haven't played half of them myself yet and I hope I will one day.

As for the ideas on the insurgency, I don't mind seeing it happen but I'm not going to speak about it, I don't make missions
      - Current ArmA Pathfinder

sigpic

Comment

Yes, i thought about the missions, but as alot of people like insurgency i thought it would be good to have a guy dedicated to zeus.
        For example, were in pygros (say 8 of us) things are going well. Suddenly a fireteam hits our flank that the zeus pinged in.

That small little placement allows us to in a way go over the things we learn in tgu and from other watching them, like reaction to contacts.

The eod teams for any ied devices or mines laid for us. I just figure the person on zeus being dedicated to it rather than playing a unit would be great fun, his one and only mission is to hinder and sooner or later end up with us all dead so long as its within reason as i stated. and with it being insurgency the one on zeus has alot of flexibility rather than starting a random mission to do.
        sigpic

Comment

What i can do if unkl allowes me is run you guys through it one night to show you what i mean. Its hard for me to type and explain with my brain lacking like it does lol.
          sigpic

Comment

Frodo, I understand what you are saying and that is already in place there is a Zues functionality is insurgency and we do use it to throw in obstacles here and there currently only Admins and Pathfinders have access to Zeus. Zeus is a good tool however you have to be careful you do not push it to far and make things to difficult for players or big changes that can be hard on server FPS. So yes Zeus can be used in this way and that is what it is designed for.

Comment

Yeah thats what i mean by within reason, a small fire team here and there, ieds on roads, or an armed truck witch its why insurgency would be good for it as its against FIA so they dont have anything to big
              sigpic

Comment

Frodo - good ideas and thoughts. Some "run the gauntlet" kind of missions like you suggest earlier could be a good use (and fun use) of time in the "Chair" (as I call Zeus).

Best use of Zeus (MHO) is in a realistic way. "Dropping in a flanking AI team" is good but only to the extent that they would have had a good and realistic path to get there from "off map". On the SL and FTL side there is nothing more frustrating than to clear an area and then have Zeus "magically" populate it again. While this may be fun for the "man in the chair" it doesn't lead to a realistic scenario and worse "breaks the fourth wall". When in the chair I like to bring AI from off the map (out of LOS to the team) and make them come in (by whatever means I'm giving them) allowing the team on the ground to spot them, hear them, and to take reactive positions to their advance. Sometimes they make it in undetected, but I've found (on TG) that our teams are getting rather adept at maintaining security and making sure to watch for such tactics.

MCC is awesome for all of this as GIAI (the AI commander) is very good at using flanking maneuvers on his own and little interaction needs to be given by the Zeus Master.

I love to dedicate time to the Chair in MCC and craft missions and ongoing (staged) missions in a dedicted Zeus manner. Hope life gives me some more time to spend with you guys soon to be both on the ground and "in the chair" in the near future.

Solo

Comment

There is two main reasons for Zues to be in the Insurgency mission as currently intended:

1. To allow for assets to be deployed when under control of an admin. Heavy artillery is available, Air Support, ect. It also allows for the fact that sometimes the base has been destroyed by some public players and you don't want to punch a reset. This way an admin can fix it.

2. Admins have more ability to view and see what is going on with players or the mission. Hey, we all know the mission borks out after a long period of running. This way an admin can fly around and see what is broken. Clear some grids if needed because they won't return to neutral or inactive.

Team building is most certainly worth putting work into. Although, I'd wonder if you are specifically talking about "Reaction to Contact" drills? I mean, that is one of the reasons we added a random patrol script in. It needed a little spice in the cooking. As time goes on, we need a lunch instead of breakfast. Chicken instead of duck. You may have noticed a few more Technicals when I've been on lately (wink n nod).

What are you meaning by "team building" Frodo? Can you expand a little?
                  |TG-189th| Unkl
                  ArmA 3 Game Officer
                  Dean of Tactical Gamer University
                  189th Infantry Brigade Member
                  SUBMIT A RIBBON NOMINATION OR CONTACT AN ARMA ADMIN
                  "We quickly advance in the opposite direction and take cover in a house on the SW side of town." - BadStache

Comment

reaction to contact was just an example. Team building would be great for the new people that are starting to play with us reguler, it will give everyone a chance not only meet and greet with new people but also to get used to how we work as not everyone can make it to the tgu exersises.
                    I just felt like an admin dedicated to zeus once in a while will allow people to learn how we as a team work and operate, and stated earlyer gives budding new leaders a chance to prove themselfs, and also to see some of our strengths and weaknesses.

im mostly just throwing out ideas, reason being where the missions are great alot of them are limited on slots. a flanking fire team ieds ect are just a few of many possibiltys made to test us where we are ... im gonna say complacent skills we dont polish much (whatever they may be.) just want to plant a seed that we can all expand on as a team.

haveing skills in game is great sure but if we can identify any faults we may or may not have as a whole we can work on that, i feel zeus can provide the challenges we need if used more assertively or agressively. but please dont think that im demanding anything or saying were not working well as a team as im not and we are a good team just thinking that expanding to a dynamic changeing gameing on the insurgency where we have large teams would be a fantastic experience for everyone.
                    sigpic

Comment

Frodo may I suggest Tacitcal Gamer University? TGU in short?

We have an entire forum dedicated to it and the instructors are more than happy to create sign ups. I won't speak for them officially, obviously, but if you are interested in either learning more about the tactics of team cohesiveness or the strategy of leadership, I suggest popping into the TGU section and saying hello.

Regards,

"An infantryman needs a leader to be the standard against which he can judge all soldiers."

Friend of |TG| Chief

Comment

Yes i went to the basic one and will go to more, That was one reason this would work as tgu exersises are limited and not everyone can go all the time.
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by DrunkFrodo View Post
                          Yes i went to the basic one and will go to more, That was one reason this would work as tgu exercises are limited and not everyone can go all the time.
                          Have you posted in the TGU forum requesting such an opportunity be offered? I used to be an instructor with TGU and I can assure you, if you engage the current instructors, maybe they can provide the experience you are looking for. Head over to http://www.tacticalgamer.com/forums/...mer-University and make a post about your idea.

Friend of |TG| Chief

Comment

ill take a peak at it thanks.
                            sigpic

Comment

think of this a large scale tgu session just without the intructers, where we havea large group instead of 8-12. As its a dynamic scenario that is not planned or scripted it also becomes very entertaining to people, i feel weird calling it training but as we have sort of come to this via talkinga bout it and expanding it (witch im happy to see) we might as well roll with it.

so long story short : Large scail dynamic training exercises that are always changeing allowing room for practice in section leading, squad/fireteam leading, situational awareness exercises, recation to contacts, calling out targets/sightings, learn where and when to use specific stances so on so forth.
                              sigpic

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X