Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tactical Tuesday Zeus Event - 2030Z

Operation Seagull - 2030Z / 1530 EST

A long-term mission that will go on for months with constant control over regions of Altis between all Factions. A mission completely decided by player choices of where to go and what tasks to do with a cruel Zeus stopping them where ever they may run.

This is a first test of a much larger Zeus interaction and if all goes well it will be continously played over multiple days that I may set it up at (save/load feature). It is a casually run mission and everyone is invited to join in, leaders, riflemen, UGV operators, pilots, crewmen... we need it all. No sign-up required, the mission will go on for hours so join in when you like. I have time to go on for around 6-8 hours. AAR will be started by me after every mission-day with progression screenshots.

MODS: CBA and TFR as per usual, ingame VON may have to be used in conjunction for JIP's

Stuck? Having an issue? Need Zeus's attention at base? Press your Zeus button (default Y, check your Zeus tab in Settings to make sure)

Briefing:

Welcome to Operation Seagull:
    You are a part of the NATO naval assault on Western Altis working your way inland while the pre-assault in the East creates diversions to relocate CSAT QRF.

RoE:
    AAF, FIA and Civilians are to be considered friendly unless fired upon, their allegiance may change so keep your eyes open.

Objective:
    Seek out and clear locations to establish a foothold. Capture important locations to gain assets and create FOB's by driving in the boxed truck or airlifting Chinook cargo boxes. You can request for any equipment by Zeus which he can accept or reject. Do not rely completely on map markers showing faction unit locations, sweep entire regions completely and expect movement anywhere, marked or not. Destroy all enemy equipment, bring explosives if possible.

UAVs Grounded:
    Any and all UAVs are grounded for gameplay enhancement. Do not take the Darter Quadrotor UAV available in the Arsenal. It will be like this unless you want me to place millions of AI (low fps) over the Island before-hand so the UAV can recon properly.

Current Secondary Tasks:

Threat: Investigate
    Reports indicate noises nearby, investigate grid: 029185

Crewmen: Defend
    Take the IFV-6a Cheetah and neutralize enemy naval and aerial logistical units, be on the lookout for nearby CSAT ground units. Recommendation setup near grid: 029177

Pilot: Supplies
    Another NATO base is recieving large supply shipments, use your Chinook or other choppers to collect any or all equipment for use in base or on field: Chinook cargo boxes (Medical/Repair/Refuel/Rearm/Cargo Arsenal), unarmed/armed Hunters, unarmed/armed UGVs, Boats, Vehicle Ammo boxes, Boxes with NATO ammunition. Supplies are located in Kastro Castle near Kavala at grid: 030131
    Last edited by Xorilliz; 01-12-2016, 11:44 AM. Reason: Mods/Zeus Button/UAVs Grounded
    - Current ArmA Pathfinder

sigpic

Re: Tactical Tuesday Zeus Event - 2030Z

Nice, I was wondering where our TacTues event went for today :)

TGU Instructor TG Pathfinder

Former TGU Dean Former ARMA Admin Former Irregulars Officer

"Do not seek death. Death will find you. But seek the road which makes death a fulfillment." - Dag Hammarskjold

Comment

MODS: CBA and TFR as per usual

sigpic

Comment

Looking forward to it. I would like to do some transport piloting if there is a slot available.
        sigpic
        |TG-1st|Grunt
        ARMA Admin (retired)
        Pathfinder-Spartan 5

Comment

Updated to inform on Zeus notification button and UAVs being specifically grounded for the mission.

Looking forward to seeing you all there, if anyone is interested in Platoon/Squad leading it's a good time to plan ahead a little

sigpic

Comment

I might try out CO. It's been over two years since I've lead a platoon element, I'm really, really, very rusty lol. Would be nice to get some practice in. Tired of following all you bullet magnets into battle :p

Edit: Disregard, I might go out for dinner tonight for my old man's bday.

Comment

It would be nice to see anyone who hasn't tried being a CO for the op. I'm sure the squad leaders will assist. :)

TGU Instructor TG Pathfinder

Former TGU Dean Former ARMA Admin Former Irregulars Officer

"Do not seek death. Death will find you. But seek the road which makes death a fulfillment." - Dag Hammarskjold

Comment

Originally posted by Xorilliz View Post
                with a cruel Zeus stopping them where ever they may run.
                lol

I will try to be on, assuming my "CO" is okay with it.

Current ARMA Development Project: No Current Project

"An infantryman needs a leader to be the standard against which he can judge all soldiers."

Friend of |TG| Chief

Comment

Yippee! Tanks...oh, um wait a minute, that may be a bad idea :(

"Ok....smoke sometimes works."

Comment

Originally posted by experiment626 View Post
                    Yippee! Tanks...oh, um wait a minute, that may be a bad idea :(
                    Do you recall the mission were the goal was to defend against an armored column attacking a fortified position? The on where the enemy deployed half a dozen tanks two or three at a time? Those were good times. All the screaming, and the dying.... Ah, it takes me back.

Anyway, my point is that Xor likes tanks much more than I do :)

Comment

Originally posted by Noyava View Post
                      Do you recall the mission were the goal was to defend against an armored column attacking a fortified position? The on where the enemy deployed half a dozen tanks two or three at a time?
                      That was woesterudolf running it :) I had terrible fps there and I think I was a gunner in a slammer.

AAR for this is up in the AAR section.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Xorilliz View Post
                        That was woesterudolf running it :) I had terrible fps there and I think I was a gunner in a slammer.

AAR for this is up in the AAR section.
                        I should have specificed - I was referencing a mission were I was Zues and heard no end of complaining about how unreasonably fast the Varusk was from Experiment626 :)

It wasn't a Rudolf mission because there were no regular mortar or artillery barrages. :)

Comment

Originally posted by Noyava View Post
                          I should have specificed - I was referencing a mission were I was Zues and heard no end of complaining about how unreasonably fast the Varusk was from Experiment626 :)

It wasn't a Rudolf mission because there were no regular mortar or artillery barrages. :)
                          I wasn't complaining....I was dead 90% of the time.

"Ok....smoke sometimes works."

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                          X