Ama lll Apex

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ama lll Apex

Just jumped on the Arma lll Apex (Arma lll's version of Arrowhead) preorder for $28. Anyone else having blind faith in BIS ability to deliver again?

Re: Ama lll Apex

Indeed, but the Supporter Edition shall take care of all future DLC for me. Greatest investment ever in gaming. Good on ya Chief...I know we will be using quite a bit of it around here.

https://store.bistudio.com/products/arma3-apex
    |TG-189th| Unkl
    ArmA 3 Game Officer
    Dean of Tactical Gamer University
    189th Infantry Brigade Member
    SUBMIT A RIBBON NOMINATION OR CONTACT AN ARMA ADMIN
    "We quickly advance in the opposite direction and take cover in a house on the SW side of town." - BadStache

Comment

I must confess, I have no idea what Apex is? Is it an upcoming expansion?

Current ARMA Development Project: No Current Project

"An infantryman needs a leader to be the standard against which he can judge all soldiers."

Friend of |TG| Chief

Comment

yes, it is. That is what they are calling the Tanoa Island expansion.

Comment

Ahhhh yes. I now remember hearing about an expansion island.

Current ARMA Development Project: No Current Project

"An infantryman needs a leader to be the standard against which he can judge all soldiers."

Friend of |TG| Chief

Comment

Originally posted by ChiefBoatsRet View Post
            Anyone else having blind faith in BIS ability to deliver again?
            I wouldn't call it a blind faith, but I did not think twice before pre-ordering, because so far I had no issues with BIS's products (okay, they could optimize their engine little bit better ;)). I don't expect anything ground breaking, but I think it is safe to assume that they will give us something worth $28. There will be a completely new terrain (so much room for activities!), plus some new vehicles, weapons, uniforms and gear (dress up simulator 2016!), and bunch of improvements to the game itself (even though those will be free for everyone, you can still factor those in to the value of the expansion because without it the improvements would never happen).

Comment

As soon as its up for order on Steam I'll order it, unhesitatingly. ArmA has been worth every penny I've put in so far, no reason to think that won't continue.

Comment

The map alone will be worth the price of admission. I'm hoping the trees are optimized better than now I have to admit. It will be great though.
                sigpic
                |TG-1st|Grunt
                ARMA Admin (retired)
                Pathfinder-Spartan 5

Comment

[MENTION=109039]Noyava[/MENTION], order it through BIS now and save, plus ALL the money goes to BIS. You will get an email from bis and it will help you activate it on steam. Easy. I just looked and it is listed in my steam account under activated product keys.

Comment

Meh, just another place I have to put my CC info for no gain. Thanks though!

Comment

What does this mean for TG? Assuming that an APEX mission will not run unless every player has bought the expansion, are they still going to be run?

Comment

hazarding a guess, perhaps something similar to what we did in arma2? had one server running vanilla arma2 and one running with everything. (gotta love having 15 different mods added to your startup line!)

Comment

Actually it is fairly simple to do with a loader called Arma3Sync. I have all the mods set up into groups, so far I have Custom coop , Joint Ops and Tac Tues. All I have to to do is check the one I want to load, click "join server" and off I go.

Comment

Originally posted by BurritoBandit View Post
                            What does this mean for TG? Assuming that an APEX mission will not run unless every player has bought the expansion, are they still going to be run?
                            See post #2 in this thread Burrito. Or if you don't want to scroll up...

¡Sí Señor! Vamos a utilizar este DLC!
                            |TG-189th| Unkl
                            ArmA 3 Game Officer
                            Dean of Tactical Gamer University
                            189th Infantry Brigade Member
                            SUBMIT A RIBBON NOMINATION OR CONTACT AN ARMA ADMIN
                            "We quickly advance in the opposite direction and take cover in a house on the SW side of town." - BadStache

Comment

This line: "dig into the theme of near-future combat, expand the main game's line-up of more familiar / modern-day armaments," is either going to mean they add more familiar assets (like M4's and AKs) or that they consider whats in ArmA 3 NOW to be "familiar / modern-day" and they are going to add Laser Rifles and Proton Canon armed Hover Tanks. Place your bets! :)

#ApexHypeTrain!

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X