Game Officer's Update - Feb 2016

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [INFO] Game Officer's Update - Feb 2016

On January 4th I had some optimistic news to share with you all in my last update. We are still doing alright with the same number of supporting memberships as we started out with in January. However there is something else that we need to pay attention to if we wish to attract more like minded players.

First the facts. Over the month of Dec when I was looking at the last stats while preparing my last update we had an average player count of 7.83 players per mission out of 53 missions. Out of the top 10 populated missions in that time the average player count would be 19.5.

Over the month of January since my last update we had an average player count of 4.96 players per mission out of 53 missions. Out of the top 10 populated mission in that time the average player count would be 11.9.

Now, honestly this is a bad comparison. This is only looking at our Custom Coop Server which really didn't have as much traffic in Dec because we also had a dedicated instance for Pandora: The Insurgency which had a lot of traffic. In January we have sometimes spooled up a second instance for some of our modded events which leaves some of the big numbers out of here.

However, there is a statistical indication here that we are not recognizing the importance of bringing in the new blood. It is inevitable that gamers will get busy with real life concerns and we must be always replenishing our players with more like minded people. This means things like Operation Dragnet. Our custom edited version of the Insurgency mission is designed to take advantage of the dragnet effect. It also has built in admin access to Zues for adding spontaneous objectives to the mission.

I'm not wanting to get into a debate about how this or that has gotten stale. We all know you can't play the same mission all the time. But, now and then, we must take the opportunity to deliberately choose those bigger missions and hit them with a great set of at least 10 leaders and let the public in. Once you get up to 30+ players then you have a sufficient "net" with which to find the few that are looking for a group like us.

If any of you wish to help in this effort and organize an event as such please post in the Contact An Admin (CAA) thread, and even if the admin team is out of town (such as I am a lot this month), we will set you up for success!
    |TG-189th| Unkl
    ArmA 3 Game Officer
    Dean of Tactical Gamer University
    189th Infantry Brigade Member
    SUBMIT A RIBBON NOMINATION OR CONTACT AN ARMA ADMIN
    "We quickly advance in the opposite direction and take cover in a house on the SW side of town." - BadStache

Re: Game Officer's Update - Feb 2016

Had some questions already regarding this update and I've taken some action since I posted it this morning.

Question 1: What is it exactly that I'm asking for to happen after this post?

Answer 1: Especially Friday or Sat nights, if you know your going to be around in two weeks on a Friday please post in the CAA about setting up an Operation Dragnet mission. See the above post to see what that means. Lets give two weeks sign up for leadership and we will have organized leadership to deal with the public players.

Question 2: Is there anything else that may hinder our regular players from opening up the server to lots of public players at once.

Answer 2: Not by design. In fact our servers are very open to the public. We should organize missions to attract public players and be ready. If you like this community and want more variety then now and then make sure we maximize the impact of a public event non-modded mission where we attract larger groups.

Answer 2b: Yes unfortunately by design when we use Task Force Radio. We absolutely must continue to use VON to give public players who are not using TFR and joining our PUBLIC TS3 channel (yes it has an exception so that public players do not need to register for the two TFR channels). We must ensure that we give VON only players enough communication that they understand what we are about. If we are not doing this (and I'm not saying we don't) then we would have to pull TFR from our configurations because showing the TG way is our very best tool in the box for ensuring we have a sustainable amount of players.

Question 3: What is this "action" you took?

Answer 3: I've set up my new mission I created for a Sunday event on a persistent instance. Operation Reliable is coop 62 player mission with a lot of the variety in assets and weapons as are available in the Insurgency mission. It has 12 large objectives so will take a long time to get through. This should help with adding some variety to a Dragnet/Insurgency type mission where we create an open space for new guests to feel comfortable getting to know us. I do expect that this will ensure the mission is stale and dead within 2-3 weeks. However, if it gets us up and rolling its fuel for the fire.
    |TG-189th| Unkl
    ArmA 3 Game Officer
    Dean of Tactical Gamer University
    189th Infantry Brigade Member
    SUBMIT A RIBBON NOMINATION OR CONTACT AN ARMA ADMIN
    "We quickly advance in the opposite direction and take cover in a house on the SW side of town." - BadStache

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
    X