Where's the Game Lore?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where's the Game Lore?

So, a lot of Arma milsim units are based on their real-life counterparts: The 15th MEU (SOC), 7thCAV, 10th Mountain Division, etc., etc.

Where is the 111th Infantry Division? Where's Aegis Special Forces? No one wants to model themselves after the in-game military units... Why is that? I think it'd be cool if we had our own 111th division. Maybe we already do and I never noticed :)

Re: Where's the Game Lore?

Just do it...

Comment

You can always start your own IHS (In House Squad) here. Call it whatever you want (within limits).

As for the above mentioned units. Those are one the few that modelled themselves from the actual units, and operate as such. I've heard that you had to salute to your superiors in game. Don't know which on line group/community it was. But naturally, that was already a sign for me. Going back on the subject.

People are generally gravitated towards the 'marketed' units.
      SAS, SASR, Green Berets, SAD, GIGN, Légion Étrangère, 1st SFOD-D, JTF2, SEAL, Korps Commandotroepen (KCT), GRU Spetsnaz, Rangers, 10th Mountain, 101st Airborne, 82nd Airborne, MARSOC, etc, etc.
      The number of people that are aware of the 111th Infantry Division, or the Aegis Special Forces will be limited to the owners of the game. Besides, there is no history. I didn't play the campaign to know it either.

Food for thought. How many times have you heard about SAS vs SBS/SRR? One is very well publicised (unfortunately) and the other less so, for a good reason. How it should be, in my personal opinion.

So go on, start a group call it 111th or Stratis Special Forces Group or whatever tickles you fancy.

TGU Instructor · TG Pathfinder

Former TGU Dean · Former ARMA Admin · Former Irregulars Officer

"Do not seek death. Death will find you. But seek the road which makes death a fulfillment." - Dag Hammarskjold

Comment

I'm not saying there NEEDS to be a 111th... I'm just asking why it hasn't been done.

As to starting a new IHS: 1) I don't have the time/patience/dedication to start, recruit, and maintain a respectable IHS. 2) Of the few people who play in our Arma TG circle often enough to warrant joining an IHS, most are already in their own (perhaps inactive) IHS. 3) I'm already unofficially with the blackout-file unit (5thSF) and the Irregulars, for obvious reasons.

Comment

Bump... Been thinking about this. I might look into starting a small 8-man squad. No spec ops though, that's been run into the ground...

If anyone else is curious, message me about joining

Comment

Why don't we have a super secret clandestine IHS where nobody knows it's members or even it's existance. I would join if I knew where or how, perhaps I am already in it...

Comment

Originally posted by ChiefBoatsRet View Post
              Why don't we have a super secret clandestine IHS where nobody knows it's members or even it's existance. I would join if I knew where or how, perhaps I am already in it...
              I think you and ZAP are in an IHS. I just can't remember what it is called =)

Current ARMA Development Project: No Current Project

"An infantryman needs a leader to be the standard against which he can judge all soldiers."

Friend of |TG| Chief

Comment

Chief . . . . call me . . . . I know a guy . . . . ;-)

No seriously, PM me and we'll talk . . . Boo Yaaa

Solo

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...