• Zues supply drops

I'll just leave this here...
    http://americanmilitarynews.com/2016...m_campaign=alt

"Ok....smoke sometimes works."

Re: Zues supply drops

"We always laugh when it's not our fault!"

Comment

Anyone know what happened here? I'm not at all familiar with how these drops work, but from what I can tell they are shackled to some sort of plate? Which in this case they seem to have slid away from? Would this be some sort of equipment failure or human? With three of them dropping it seems something pretty major occurred? Surely its not one guy setting all these things up, so multiple people missed it if a procedure wasn't followed? When it's troops jumping out of planes there seems to be all kinds of fail safes and double checks, so I'm interested to know how not one but three of these managed to fail?

Here's some pics of the aftermath if anyone's interested: http://foxtrotalpha.jalopnik.com/wat...oun-1772040340

Comment

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DopZgJaWstk the one I remembering happening a lot was at 1:10

Comment

Originally posted by Loaffy View Post
          https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DopZgJaWstk the one I remembering happening a lot was at 1:10
          Impressed with google's self driving MRAP.

Comment

I lol'd

Current ARMA Development Project: No Current Project

"An infantryman needs a leader to be the standard against which he can judge all soldiers."

Friend of |TG| Chief

Comment

While stationed aboard a helo assault ship during an exercise off Camp Pendelton CA. , we watched a marine helo drop a huge load of MRE's directly into traffic on Interstate 5, mayhem ensued. Not as explosive as humvees but still very impressive to watch MRE's explode on impact from a 1500 foot drop.

Comment

I bet most people kept on driving. lol.

Hey are we going to see you in game anytime soon Chief? We still get together tuesday nights.

"An infantryman needs a leader to be the standard against which he can judge all soldiers."

Friend of |TG| Chief

Comment

I'll have the nurses at the home remind me, "It's time to play Arma Chief"! Honeydo list, yard work, walks down memory lane, sunrises, sunsets , grand kids, life been kinda busy lately. Going to start on my bucket list one of these days.

P.S. I am not really in "the home"...Yet.

Comment

Originally posted by ChiefBoatsRet View Post
                    I'll have the nurses at the home remind me, "It's time to play Arma Chief"! Honeydo list, yard work, walks down memory lane, sunrises, sunsets , grand kids, life been kinda busy lately. Going to start on my bucket list one of these days.

P.S. I am not really in "the home"...Yet.
                    Enjoy yourself, young man. If we see you, we see you, but don't be a stranger =)

Friend of |TG| Chief

Comment

I like how it was 3 HMMWVs from 3 different planes :row__587:

The camera operators reaction to each falling HMMWV reminded me of Haggard's reaction to the satellite being brought down in Bad Company 2 (although, more enthusiastic)

"That was the greatest thing I have ever seen."
                      "Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power." -Abraham Lincoln
                      ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Comment

Speaking of parachutes, I saw this one recently. Perhaps on of the LUCKIEST Airborne soldiers of all-time; I do, however, wonder what injuries the rest of his stick incurred due to the bad drop. Go to about the 1:00 minute mark (its when they start jumping).

"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power." -Abraham Lincoln
                        ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                        X