Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ArmA 3 n00b advice

Hey guys!

I'm new to tactical gamer but now new to tactical games! I am however new to the PC world, only had it for a month. I've been gaming on consoles for a long time. But to the point. I got ArmA 3 and went through boot camp and all that fun stuff. I didn't realize you HAD to join a community in order to just play the game.

So I set forth to join a community, but when I started to play with these guys, they took it a little to far. Don't want to say names, but they tried to get me to do "training". By this I mean they wanted me to do commands that had no purpose for the game. Practicing, working on strategies, or just having fun is something I LOVE about tactical shooter. However, being talked down to like I'm getting smoked in basic isn't really fun.

I want to have a group of respectful people that play for FUN. But the kind of fun that requires calling out the enemies bearing, communicating on essential squad movements, and basic combat tactics is the kind of fun I'm interested in. Can anybody help me out? Point this PC n00b in the right direction?

Re: ArmA 3 n00b advice

Sit down... Someone will be with you in a minute. BTW welcome to the place you are looking for! There will be someone with answers to all your questions here momentarily, i'm just the old guy trying to keep up.

Comment

Welcome to TG ArmA! I started playing here for exactly the same reason: a place were people take the game's tactics seriously but still remember it's a Game :)

I'd recommend starting here: http://www.tacticalgamer.com/threads...les-Start-Here

If you're looking for a primer on how experience TG players "talk" you can check out this thread: Tactical Gamer University Reference Library

Comment

Welcome Grid. You found the right place.

Current ARMA Development Project: No Current Project

"An infantryman needs a leader to be the standard against which he can judge all soldiers."

Friend of |TG| Chief

Comment

Welcome Gridiron! I fully endorse Noyova's recommendations. Also, about once a month or so, Tactical Gamer University (TGU) hosts an open sign-up course of some kind (most of them build off of our Basic Infantry course). However, the quickest way to learn (speaking from personal experience) is to hop onto the server and ask for help. Although I can't speak for everyone, most of us would be more than willing to help you wherever you need it. Good luck out there, and I look forward to getting my boots dirty with you soon!

ribbons_volunteer-class1.jpg
          "WARNING: Don't let me throw frags!"

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...