Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sunday, Bloody Sunday (Join Us for some end-of-the-week Ops)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sunday, Bloody Sunday (Join Us for some end-of-the-week Ops)

Anyone want to get some Ops going? Several of us are already on the server, and we are looking to dish out some hurt to the enemies of Liberty & Freedom.

Come on in, and join us for some Sunday Ops

EDIT: We are testing CUP & ALiVE (check out the thread HERE, and subscribe to the mod pack HERE
    "Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power." -Abraham Lincoln
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Re: Sunday, Bloody Sunday (Join Us for some end-of-the-week Ops)

Unk has worked up a great massive scale mission for us to enjoy this Sunday.

In the morning session we attacked and cleared Objective Jane which gave us a on-land FOB. With this setup-the enemy relentlessly attacked back to take the FOB from us.

The afternoon session just now, Unk and I engaged and took down 3 tanks, 3 squads of infantry during the defense of our FOB. Further plans are to move into the surrounding towns and clear them.

Ultimately we would like to create a clear path to the Airport and assault and clear the airfield... Once we have done that assets and equipment will be moved forward and our newer and BIGGER FOB will be setup at the airfield..

Massive. We get more objectives to further advance into Sahrani. This is a multi-session operation. Drop in and take part in some battles. The war for Sahrani will take many of these battles. Bloody Sunday is all day.

Comment

After some fierce CQB action in Paraiso, a large town near the airport, we pulled back to as we were almost out of ammo. Using the armor we are right outside the gates of airport now, carefully and slowly clearing them. Airport should be ours very soon.

Comment

See what you have to look forward too? good luck out there!

[MENTION=38102]Unkl[/MENTION]: this happened just after you left this afternoon. there's a fourth one not pictured rolling in too. O.o

ribbons_volunteer-class1.jpg
        "WARNING: Don't let me throw frags!"

Comment

Man what a fun ALiVe is... To make that kind of interactivity and realistic enemy reaction to our actions, it would take months and weeks of scripting and editing... But Unkl has done it under 5 hours. The massive scale of the mission is what is most impressive. I got one session in the moring as we took Objective Jane. After doing some chores I came back to find the enemy commander sending forces to take back Objective Jane. So against enormous odds, Unk and me, 2 freaking dudes, fought against 3 tank column and accompanying infantry teams by ourselves... Titans going off, shooting crewmen who dismounted as well as random enemy fireteams, we overcame to take back Objective Jane. Little did we know, that was just the beginning.

Paraiso, a town of immense beauty and deadliness, which will complete our story in the end - we moved into it first with only three guys. Trace, Unk and myself. The size of the town is massive with mountains surrounding it and enemies occupying it. As we attempted to move through the town we got into firefights that lasted what seemed like hours at a time. ALiVe sent this and that team to us from all kinds of directions as we defended ourselves pushed onto them, and got pushed back by them. Just 3 dudes... Already too much action...

At our last few mags, we had to drop back and retreat to our APC for rearm and reevaluation for our approach. We still had not gotten close to the airport. 3 of us were too little to take on the massive town of Paraiso. So we drove the APC and tried to make an assault on the airfield from the opposite side of Paraiso. Carefully approaching the airfield runway from the beach, we assaulted. Enemy military encampment near the airfield was crawling. We fought through infantry strongholds. Unk who was our medic at this was on break eating his MRE. Just me and Trace pushed through and fought against 2,3 squads of infantry occupying the infantry base... I go down... No Medic... He stabilizes me and hopes for the best... More and more JIPs come in. They meet less fortunate fates as they try to come and help. Trace fights off waves and waves of enemy reinforcements who are trying to take back the military camp which we were occupying. I stay stabilized during the whole time... Finally, after 20 minutes one of the JIPs (Mik) make it to us as a medic.

I finally get back up and engage a tank with Trace before moving onto the rest of airfield. Enemy AI commander never let us become bored, as he sent teams, tanks and paratroopers to keep us shooting. Finally, we take the Airport north of Paraiso. The assets were moved forward as we established another FOB.

The decision was to move into Paraiso once more. Now with some APCs, and more than 3 guys. We setup a convoy and we move in... First block was quiet... Second block, a truck full of infantry dismounts in front of us an prolonged firefight ensues. I went down for a bit as we took an RPG to one of our APCs. The town of Paraiso was alive with baddies. Block by Block we fought through to clear out Paraiso with resistance at every block. The last of the contacts we had were very eastern blocks of Paraiso. Some kind of special ops CSAT which appeared as reinforcements. The firefight against them was mean and long...

Finally the giant town of Paraiso seemed to be relatively clear. A JIP troop was being shot back at Objective Jane as the enemy AI commander still wanted Jane back. As we drove out of Paraiso, we felt that we have took the city. With a few adventures, we help the JIP troop only to come back to Paraiso on the way back to Airport. During our absence a tank platoon has moved in to Paraiso... We setup our AT to engage these pesky tanks when suddenly a mass airdrop drops 3 squads and 4 kamaz trucks all over the sky of Paraiso. Some of the enemy paratroopers drops right in front of us. A huge firefight breaks out as we try to keep our small compound clear. Casualties everywhere and enemy surrounding us. Constant fire incoming and outgoing. A tank is shooting at us as we decide
          "We have to tactically withdraw."
          We smoke the path behind us as we withdraw under tank machine gun fire. Smoke everywhere, all of us running out of the town of cursed Paraiso.... I had to say "This is what it feels like to get our butts kicked."... RIght before we meet enemy ambush of 2...
          We overcome the ambush of course after sudden and intense burst of fire. We make it back to the airport. "That was too much fun for one day." We had to call it a night. ALiVe.

Comment

I came back in at 6 am my morning just now to check out our new airfield. I found a blackfoot and decided to fly over the airbase to find out where all our stuff was as I couldn't find anything else... yeah nope, I got swarmed by an entire tank platoon and a Company-sized force of paratroopers with trucks :) I'll look forward to playing this some day with a bigger playerbase, we wont fill those 49 or whatever slots sure but even 20 people would be a good number for it. I think for the amount of stuff that the enemy has, our 2 pilot slots are a little inferior in numbers maybe... I even had to take down an enemy jet and some gunships last night in the Wipeout.
            - Current ArmA Pathfinder

sigpic

Comment

We wont fill what? Arg, there be a nay sayer. We will Xor, mark my words my good man.

I had another blue screen crash as we were moving back to the airfield gents. Sorry to have left so abruptly. I decided to turn up the enemy reinforcements to "medium" which meant that we were never going to clear the island. I'll have to dig deeper and learn more about working with those ALiVE modules. They are really quite easy to use. I had CQB at 10% and they don't recommend you go past that...however I didn't see any overloading of the server. I had a few very tiny moments of lag but nothing I'd loose a firefight over.

I'm very impressed with this system and these CUP maps. They are running great.
              |TG-189th| Unkl
              ArmA 3 Game Officer
              Dean of Tactical Gamer University
              189th Infantry Brigade Member
              SUBMIT A RIBBON NOMINATION OR CONTACT AN ARMA ADMIN
              "We quickly advance in the opposite direction and take cover in a house on the SW side of town." - BadStache

Comment

does this mission have friendly AI? I think that would help push back the enemy AI. With maybe some sort of spawning script that de-spawns friendly AI based on player count? I love grand-scale campaigns, but it's so difficult having a 40mm underbarrel grenade launcher vs. 4 fully manned T90 variants. :D

Comment

Originally posted by Shoomfie View Post
                  does this mission have friendly AI? I think that would help push back the enemy AI. With maybe some sort of spawning script that de-spawns friendly AI based on player count? I love grand-scale campaigns, but it's so difficult having a 40mm underbarrel grenade launcher vs. 4 fully manned T90 variants. :D

If only you had had a wheel barrow. At least that would have been something...

Comment

Are you Complaining [MENTION=42812]Shoomfie[/MENTION]?

Current ARMA Development Project: No Current Project

"An infantryman needs a leader to be the standard against which he can judge all soldiers."

Friend of |TG| Chief

Comment

Originally posted by Dimitrius View Post
                      Are you Complaining [MENTION=42812]Shoomfie[/MENTION]?
                      I can wipe a squad with it just fine... so long as they're not encased in 3 inches of reactive steel plating.

Comment

I can wipe a squad with it just fine... so long as they're not encased in 3 inches of reactive steel plating.
                        Just curious, what is this new reactive steel plating I'm hearing about? Is that a Russian thing? O.o

Comment

=) lol

Current ARMA Development Project: No Current Project

"An infantryman needs a leader to be the standard against which he can judge all soldiers."

Friend of |TG| Chief

Comment

Appears as though my thread title was aptly chosen!

Unfortunately, right after I made this thread (like, 3 minutes after) my computer crashed and I had to do a re-install.

All I could do Sunday was play a few of the games I got on my laptop.

:icon23:
                            "Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power." -Abraham Lincoln
                            ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                            X