Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Joint Ops: Springfield - Discussion thread - May 21 Event

Your CO for the event will be Noyava!

Orders are incoming...leadership will be posted soon.
    |TG-189th| Unkl
    ArmA 3 Game Officer
    Dean of Tactical Gamer University
    189th Infantry Brigade Member
    SUBMIT A RIBBON NOMINATION OR CONTACT AN ARMA ADMIN
    "We quickly advance in the opposite direction and take cover in a house on the SW side of town." - BadStache

Re: Joint Ops: Springfield - Discussion thread - May 21 Event

so that means no "NOYFOR"

does this mean we will be introduced to "UNKFOR" this mission?

Comment

There is only OPFOR :)

Current ARMA Development Project: No Current Project

"An infantryman needs a leader to be the standard against which he can judge all soldiers."

Friend of |TG| Chief

Comment

I would like to confirm my spot as a "for sure", if you need more leadership or specialty roles I'm definitely available.

ribbons_volunteer-class1.jpg
        "WARNING: Don't let me throw frags!"

Comment

I also can confirm my spot from a "Maybe" to "For Sure"

Comment

Can I get some clarification on the mission objective from the "intelligence department"? Like how will we know when the mission ends (successfully)?

Comment

You want to talk about it in the open or behind the curtain?

Current ARMA Development Project: No Current Project

"An infantryman needs a leader to be the standard against which he can judge all soldiers."

Friend of |TG| Chief

Comment

Are we worried of OPFORs intelligence means?

TGU Instructor TG Pathfinder

Former TGU Dean Former ARMA Admin Former Irregulars Officer

"Do not seek death. Death will find you. But seek the road which makes death a fulfillment." - Dag Hammarskjold

Comment

I can't think of a reason not to put it here. If you think it will damage your mission feel free to contact me directly (steam, TS, discord, smoke signal...)

Comment

Roles are incoming.....mission tested....prepare you kits, contact your leaders...they will be reaching out shortly....
                    |TG-189th| Unkl
                    ArmA 3 Game Officer
                    Dean of Tactical Gamer University
                    189th Infantry Brigade Member
                    SUBMIT A RIBBON NOMINATION OR CONTACT AN ARMA ADMIN
                    "We quickly advance in the opposite direction and take cover in a house on the SW side of town." - BadStache

Comment

Mission Update:
                      Mission will have about 1 hour daylight, so we will not waste time at start. Expect to move out from the landing zone within 5 minutes of mission start.

Our primary objective is to secure the military base and airfield.
                      Once that secure foothold has been established we will launch sorties out from there to clear roadblocks and radio towers to clear the path toward Molos. Time permitting, we will assault Molos and secure the town.

Not a great deal is known about enemy force composition. Expect them to be well entrenched in the towns and expect the enemy to continually reinforce their positions from their bases to the south. Constant vigilance against counter attacks will be required.

Review the below map for key reference points that will be used for maneuver orders.

Additional mission intel for SL's will issued tomorrow.

Comment

Slot assignments have been updated!

1-1-D 22nd Callsign: "Knight 2"
                        Squad Lead: Shoomfie
                        Field Medic: Grunt
                        Red Team Lead: MPL Trace
                        Red Grenadier: Biggs
                        Red Auto Rifleman: Chief
                        Red Rifleman AT: Fingolfin
                        Blue Team Lead: Dimitrius
                        Blue Grenadier: Sesks
                        Blue Auto Rifleman: HotDogSymmetry
                        Blue Rifleman AT: Dylan

Knight 2 squad: please familiarize yourselves with the following training materials in relation to your kit assignment if at all possible before Saturday.
                        I will be going back and forth with running squad formations. Team Leads, MPL_Trace (red), and Dimitrius (Blue), will be responsible for keeping their own teams positions and movement. I don't expect our teams to break off by any more than 100-200 yards. Encounters are expected, so be ready to create a firing line, or move to flank as requested, as I'll be calling these out quickly in order to keep momentum.

Lastly, Our very own team lead, Dimitrius, put a lot of work into creating this, so I expect all of you to be there or withdraw in a timely manner. If it's the latter, please use the normal channels but also PM me. I will send out PM's before the event as a reminder.

Thank you,
                        SL Shoomfie,
                        1-1-D - 22nd USMC Expeditionary Rifle Section

ribbons_volunteer-class1.jpg
                        "WARNING: Don't let me throw frags!"

Comment

[MENTION=6577]experiment626[/MENTION], I have given you command of the SAS. I expect you to use a posh British accent whenever on the radio. And to carry an umbrella at all times.

Comment

Final notes before mission start tomorrow:

We will not be wasting that at the ammo crate, so move quick to change any gear you need.

From mission start each Knight 1 will have 5 minutes to get sorted and start moving toward their first position, Hill 54. From there they will observe south until Knight 2 is in position.

Knight 2 will stay clear of the ammobox for the first 5 miuntes, Knight 2 will have 10 minutes from start to get sorted then they will begin moving to OP 2.

Bishop will gear up last and will be mounting in a hunter to act as a reinforcement element if either squad meets heavy resistance.

Knight 1 will be tasked with securing the air field.

Knight 2 will be tasked with securing the East flank and blocking enemy counter attacks from Molos.

Bishop and Rook will be in support. It is my expectation that Bishop will be deployed to the airfield assault, but that call will be made after we have eyes on the airfield.

*all plan subject to change based on wind conditions, enemy movements, planetary realignments, IEDs, death, etc.

Comment

"Because I could never remember the bloody password!"

"Ok....smoke sometimes works."

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X