TG Libertion server?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TG Libertion server?

Hello all to whom may be reading this, and to start it off I would like to announce that... THIS IS JUST A SUGGESTION, DO NOT KILL ME PLEASE

I assume not many of you play Liberation servers often because TG has much more organized events and all that, but Liberation is a REALLY fun "campaign" where you and 40 players/AI take Altis from the hands of the CSAT (OPFOR) and you are NATO (BLUFOR).

I hop on Liberation servers because they're fun, and they provide a challenge on how to take control of territories and how to hold them. But that fun comes to a halt when you have obnoxious teammates that have 500+ hours and don't even know how to lock on with a Titan Launcher (that has happened to me.)

Liberation is a very fun cooperative campaign but many of the servers I find have no players or the players in them aren't organzied what so ever, and I'd like to change that

Tactical Gamer could be the first community to have a fully functional Liberation server, that would be exactly like long play, but better. Long play you just do objectives and move on to the next. On Liberation, you can capture cities with civilians, make FOBs from the ground up, use a wide variety of vehicles (unlockable by capturing certain places.)
    The bad things about Liberation is that you spawn on an island, and that island cant take runways so you have to make your own or go capture an airport. Another problem is that you have unlimited HALO jumps (but that can be fixed in that one menu that starts with P, I think perameters)

Here is what the creator says about Liberation.

Altis has fallen to the CSAT forces, and it is up to you to take it back. Embark with your teammates on a persistent campaign that will span several weeks of real time to liberate all the major cities of the island.

- Experience a massive CTI campaign with over 150 different capturable settlements across the entire island,
    - Cooperate with 0 to 40 other players, with a commander role and recruitable AI troops to fill the gaps,
    - Buy troops and vehicles using three different types of resources,
    - Build the FOB of your dreams with an ingame "what you see is what you get" system,
    - Fight aggressive and cunning hostile forces who react and adapt to your actions,
    - Learn that every window is a threat thanks to the custom urban combat AI,
    - Accomplish meaningful secondary objectives that will benefit your progression,
    - Never lose your progress with the built-in server-side save system.

That about wraps up my offer, thank you for reading all this useless garbage, but I hope it sparks a movement that leads to the Liberation Revolution. (hue hue)

Extra information
    https://forums.bistudio.com/topic/18...beration-beta/

Re: TG Libertion server?

What made you drop that here, and why would we? We have very fine mission makers of our own.

Comment

Im not saying that we dont, but we didnt make the mission Long Play is using, did we? (not to be mean)

Comment

Hi Durnsy,

I'm glad that you're after what TG offers with ArmA3. Looks like you've got the gist of it. However, just as a suggestion. A request such as these could be pointed to the ArmA Admins directly. So that they may have a look, and plus they get to read your request more clearly (away from the massive forum threads). Plus, they have to. ;)

You can find that request thread in this vary same forum. Look for 'Contact An Admin' (CAA) forum. That should speed things up a bit.

To conclude, I'm happy that you are participating in the forum. Which to me (and others surely) shows that you have an interest in the growth and direction of the ArmA title at TG. Thanks for posting.

See you in the virtual battlefield.

TGU Instructor TG Pathfinder

Former TGU Dean Former ARMA Admin Former Irregulars Officer

"Do not seek death. Death will find you. But seek the road which makes death a fulfillment." - Dag Hammarskjold

Comment

Low has a way of softening the gist of my thread replies, like what Chief really meant is.....

Comment

I do appreciate, and understand your words here. Brevity & Clarity is the Chief we all know.

"Do not seek death. Death will find you. But seek the road which makes death a fulfillment." - Dag Hammarskjold

Comment

Well yesterday when you mentioned Liberation I thought it was a different game. Now that you have brought it up on the forums, I took a look. It is a vanilla mission. A very nice one I must add after testing it a little bit. The high level of skill of the editors of the mission is apparent. So since you got the ball rolling, I have submitted a very slightly edited version up the proper venue. Now we wait until something happens. I am for one excited a playtest of this mission with the TG crowd.

Comment

What a pleasant surprise. Very nice @B

Comment

@Low i agree with you. The more active the forums are, the more it represents momentum within the community. As a separate point, new players (which most certainly includes myself) may not know the appropriate channels for communication. I'd hazard to say this was a learning opportunity for both Durnsy and myself.

@Durnsy @B i'm with you guys 100%. Persistant missions of any type are my favorite. It's nice to put in game time, feel like you accomplished something, better yet have an idea where your efforts fit into the bigger picture, then come back a few days later and see the progress others have made. Team play at it's finest. Just this last wknd Unkl was leading a squad through a new Alive (insurgent?) mission. We cleared towns along a convoy route, brought up an MHQ to set up a FOB, and then branched out from there to secure the area. Best fun i've had since rejoining TG!

My two cents,
                  Cheers

Comment

Originally posted by ChiefBoatsRet View Post
                    Low has a way of softening the gist of my thread replies, like what Chief really meant is.....
                    Really? All he does for me is air his dirty laundry about recent missions on my AARs ;)
                    Last edited by Dimitrius; 05-25-2016, 05:54 PM. Reason: Kidding, Low =)

Current ARMA Development Project: No Current Project

"An infantryman needs a leader to be the standard against which he can judge all soldiers."

Friend of |TG| Chief

Comment

I will take a look at this tomorrow. See if I'm able to find out what this mission is all about. No thread jacking here but there is talk of releasing 1.60 this week.
                      TG-189ᵀᴴ ArmaXO TGU Instructor

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                      X