Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [ANNOUNCEMENT] TGU & More

Hello all,

This is a brief announcement, and essentially a heads up. To those that have not yet participated in courses offered by TGU.
    Few points to cover.

1. Time
    Due to our own limited game times available. For yourselves, and the instructors.
    Please post which days of the week, you can commit to for an hour or max two hour slots.

Please use the format below:
    Forum name:
    Time free (ZULU time):
    Day(s) of week:
    • (What not to post. "I can make it usually during the weekends", "I'm usually available on Monday's, Friday's.")
    • PLEASE KEEP TO FORMAT ABOVE.
    • REMEMBER, this is a time & date of the week you are 99% free to join.

2. Possible Requirements for future events
    There are missions in the pipeline. Which requires the sign ups to have one or more TGU credits earned.
    In order to mitigate the issue of players, who have not participated in TGU classes yet. Please post using the format above.
    We want you to be able to join such events, which may include tighter restrictions/preconditions. Should there be a need.

We don't want you to miss out!

3. Battle Drill Days
    We have Tactical Tuesday's, Redacted Thursday's, and more.
    What I'd like to propose. Is a day dedicated to battle drills.
    To set up an environment to allow us to learn in theory, and put it into practice.
    It will cover many aspects of TGU course materials, by the TGU instructors.

Naturally, the players taking part. Must have read the materials produced by the TGU(<-click) prior to the event. That will allow you to understand the materials being covered & practiced much faster, and allow you to absorb the materials easier. Which also allows for us to utilise the time better.

This would also serve to teach our newer players of our TTP (tactics, techniques, and procedures) offered by TGU. Which you can directly utilise into your ArmA game play.
    It will also, assist our budding leaders to gain an insight into the various aspects of leadership. Which hopefully will translate to an easier transition to the leadership roles in our games, with learned confidence from it.

So sign up and let us know of your schedules, Looking forward to your sign ups!

Sent from my phone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by LowSpeedHighDrag; 06-07-2016, 06:00 PM. Reason: pretty colours

TGU Instructor TG Pathfinder

Former TGU Dean Former ARMA Admin Former Irregulars Officer

"Do not seek death. Death will find you. But seek the road which makes death a fulfillment." - Dag Hammarskjold

Re: TGU &amp; More

Forum name: Xorilliz
    Time free (ZULU time): odd weeks 2230-0300, even weeks 1420-1900, more time on weekends
    Day(s) of week: all

available times will change for me all the time, in a few weeks maybe this will change completely and then later on once more...
    - Current ArmA Pathfinder

sigpic

Comment

Forum name:MPL TRACE
      Time free (ZULU time):1630-1800, weekends:1900-2130
      Day(s) of week: Tuesday, Thursday, Friday and weekends.

Looking forward for new courses and especially for the battle drills.
      |MPL TRACE|

Comment

Forum name:Unkl
        Time free (ZULU time):0000-0200 Zulu Thursdays, 2000-2200 Zulu Sundays
        Day(s) of week: as above Thursday & Sundays respectively
        |TG-189th| Unkl
        ArmA 3 Game Officer
        Dean of Tactical Gamer University
        189th Infantry Brigade Member
        SUBMIT A RIBBON NOMINATION OR CONTACT AN ARMA ADMIN
        "We quickly advance in the opposite direction and take cover in a house on the SW side of town." - BadStache

Comment

I'd like to point out that this is an initiative to help those who really aspire to really great communication and teamwork have more focused games within our community. There are some in-house squad (IHS) events coming down the pipe where the number of players will be limited so that the mission is realistic for the player count, the tactics will be solidly real world and thus there will be two criteria that will be applied to sign ups:
          1. Supporting Members (those that pay the bills get preference as it should be)
          2. TGU Participants (to ensure we are using the same knowledge base and get on with the game in TG style)

We all enjoy and participate in our seeding efforts and this will be an initiative that will reward our regular players with some really solid great games. It is not a move towards milsim but a few focused games that really should help us apply Standard Operating Procedures that often get lax when we are handling new guests.

It is all about providing balance.
          |TG-189th| Unkl
          ArmA 3 Game Officer
          "We quickly advance in the opposite direction and take cover in a house on the SW side of town." - BadStache

Comment

Hey Low, when you running these battle drills?
            |TG-189th| Unkl
            ArmA 3 Game Officer

Comment

I'm leaning towards the weekend, taking account of my current schedule and availability. Most likely on sunday, 20:00Z onwards.

On a separate note, if players would post regardless of the original post. Their thoughts on their interest of doing this on sunday of the week would be appreciated.

"Do not seek death. Death will find you. But seek the road which makes death a fulfillment." - Dag Hammarskjold

Comment

Since it is quite apparent that most of you have not posted. I have at this time decided to do this when the opportunity is there.
                What does this mean? Quite simply, if there are workable number of players willing to participate on the TeamSpeak channel.
                We will switch to Battle Drill exercise mission from what ever is on the server.

Having said this. I like you have a limited time to actively stay online. So I urge you all to message me or send me a poke on TS to grab me off other TS channels. I'll be glad to switch away or come out of hibernation from other TS channels.

Questions?

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                X