This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [INFO] Takistani Tasks - Planning Thread - NO AAR PLS

We can use this thread for planning. Don't take it as 100% accurate because we all know plans change and fall through...so expect more than who is on the calendar to be around.

PRE-EVENT CALENDAR

Try viewing this on "WEEK" and you can see how the time slots add up. I don't know if you guys can edit your own "appointments" but I hope so. I also just kept it on my own time zone so it was easy to figure the adjustments. I hope I got em all right.
    |TG-189th| Unkl
    ArmA 3 Game Officer
    Dean of Tactical Gamer University
    189th Infantry Brigade Member
    SUBMIT A RIBBON NOMINATION OR CONTACT AN ARMA ADMIN
    "We quickly advance in the opposite direction and take cover in a house on the SW side of town." - BadStache

Re: Takistani Tasks - Planning Thread - NO AAR PLS

I will take the CO position starting at mission beginning on late Friday afternoon est. I may even be able to begin earlier in the afternoon since I'm owed a bunch of hours :madsmile:

The first objective will be to clear the immediate area surrounding the southern airfield. After that and depending on the player numbers we will then conduct some Recon missions to get intel on the entire region of Takistan. This may involve some high risk helo insertions around the AO and extensive use of UAV drones.

The next most likely step will be to test the enemy capability for reaction or reinforcements. Use of heavy artillery and CAS should be able to force the enemy to reveal their supply routes and reinforcement strategies.

This should set up all the info we need so that a full plan can be made for the Saturday and Sunday operations. With the number of players we have from TG proper on Friday night we should be able to break off into smaller recon units and assimilate players that join with us on the server to achieve securing the southern valley across the map. This may allow us at least two road ways north plus, as always, we will have the ability to air drop an FOB where we see is appropriate.

I expect the main assaults to begin as players join Saturday morning...but you never know what may happen on Friday. Don't miss it. Thoughts?

ps: CALENDAR UPDATED
    |TG-189th| Unkl
    ArmA 3 Game Officer
    "We quickly advance in the opposite direction and take cover in a house on the SW side of town." - BadStache

Comment

when I'm able to get on I would like to volunteer myself for any logistics operations in any capacity. Convoys, FOB construction, and security details are my Bread and Butter!

EDIT:
      P.S. I think it'd be nice if there's enough irregulars on, to break off into our own IHS detachment at some point for a mission or two. is that something that could be arranged (pending there's enough of us on at any given time)?

ribbons_volunteer-class1.jpg
      "WARNING: Don't let me throw frags!"

Comment

I'm happy to command if needed. Glad to hear there are others who are interested in helping out at Staff.

Thanks Shoomfie.

Current ARMA Development Project: No Current Project

"An infantryman needs a leader to be the standard against which he can judge all soldiers."

Friend of |TG| Chief

Comment

I'm shooting to begin the event at about 16:00 EDT which is 7.5 hours from this post. I want to configure a few things on the server prior the event so I hope to get on that by about 2 hours prior.

The Headless Client/Dedicated Client will be running so that we will have even better performance all weekend. I'll be attempting to get the ALiVE database working so that we have player states saved so you can rejoin with your gear and location saved.

The calendar has been updated again.
          |TG-189th| Unkl
          ArmA 3 Game Officer

Comment

I should be on by 6 or 7 p.m. eastern time.
            sigpic
            |TG-1st|Grunt
            ARMA Admin (retired)
            Pathfinder-Spartan 5

Comment

Originally posted by Grunt 70 View Post
              I should be on by 6 or 7 p.m. eastern time.
              Looks like I may be able to join this evening after all. It will be good to see you again Grunt.

Current ARMA Development Project: No Current Project

"An infantryman needs a leader to be the standard against which he can judge all soldiers."

Friend of |TG| Chief

Comment

I will be available for transport and CAS. Lookin forward to running with my ArmA family again

[unit][squadl][command2]

KnyghtMare ~You could always tell the person holding the gun to your head you would like to play on a different server...

Comment

I'm going to nix the saving of player positions as it requires a bunch more stuff I'm not willing to get into on the server side. We can just use regular old pilots for rejoining ;).
                  |TG-189th| Unkl
                  ArmA 3 Game Officer

Comment

Originally posted by Unkl View Post
                    I'm going to nix the saving of player positions as it requires a bunch more stuff I'm not willing to get into on the server side. We can just use regular old pilots for rejoining ;).
                    Probably just as well. Rejoining hours (or days) later and finding everyone else is on the other side of the map is no less inconvenient than starting at base :)

Comment

Closing thread. Event completed.
                      |TG-189th| Unkl
                      ArmA 3 Game Officer

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                      X