Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [INFO] Server Configuration Changes - Apex

Hello all,

For the last couple months we have been running two instances where one is vanilla and long play (persistent), and the other is modded with ALiVE, CUP Terrains and Task Force Radio. When Apex releases we will be going back to one instance and it will be without ALiVE and CUP Terrains.

Don't delete you mods though as we will continue to run events and play with this content now and then. In Apex we will have a new terrains, a bunch of new weapons, vehicles and factions to play with. This will allow us to have the variety to sustain us for some time. In the future we will likely return to using the CUP Terrains once again. When that will be or what is the estimated timeline for that? I would not say nor would I guess. I have something in mind but who knows how long Tanoa will remain a fresh and invigorating new addition to ArmA locations?

The reasons for this are we have been flipping back and forth between playing on our two instances. What happens is we play on one and have a great couple nights of games where we run into like minded gamers who will rejoin our server only to find it empty because we are on the other one. Then they don't know why or what for. We loose a bit of our rejuvenating player base this way when they wander to find a game on another server.

With the fresh new A3 DLC coming July 11th, we have a golden opportunity to make a great run with one instance for a while and really make our server quite attractive in the server lobby.

No worry, we love our smaller missions sometimes and some of us are really loving the old terrains (which are new to many of us really). We will get back to CUP Terrains as the community requires a content injection again. At least this way we will have less players who would get kicked due to switching to a mission where they don't have the mods.

Task Force Radio will remain. It is not required for players to have it. It will provide a richer experience when our guests have it. But we will continue to remain open to those players who are struggling with the extensive A3 keybinds for the first time. I bet we are going to see a lot of PC gamers giving ArmA 3 a try for the first time. I bet we will see a lot of Armed Assault players finally returning to A3 as well. It's an exciting time coming up. See you in game!

Unkl
    TG ArmA 3 Game Officer

P.S. This will give us our Mission Developers unhindered access to test new missions on our instance. We will be looking to churn out new content for Tanoa quickly. Get your editing pants on!
    |TG-189th| Unkl
    ArmA 3 Game Officer
    Dean of Tactical Gamer University
    189th Infantry Brigade Member
    SUBMIT A RIBBON NOMINATION OR CONTACT AN ARMA ADMIN
    "We quickly advance in the opposite direction and take cover in a house on the SW side of town." - BadStache

Re: Server Configuration Changes - Apex

reading the point about new players coming back to find it empty is also something i agree on and like you say new map coming i imagine were going to be spending a lot of time on it . Who knows maybe we can get a larger influx of like-minded players and that is what im most exited about with the dlc .
    sigpic

Comment

The first changes for today have been made. ALiVE and CUP Terrains and all associated missions have been removed from the Custom Coop Missions server. Updated Configuration listed in TG ArmA Rules - Start Here.

Now we await our flight to Tanoa...
      |TG-189th| Unkl
      ArmA 3 Game Officer
      "We quickly advance in the opposite direction and take cover in a house on the SW side of town." - BadStache

Comment

update in progress....
        |TG-189th| Unkl
        ArmA 3 Game Officer

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
        X