Some questions about TF Radio and the server

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Some questions about TF Radio and the server

One: TF Radio push to talk..is it always CAP LOCKS or does it use the same key as TS? I like to use the MMB (easy access) so that's what's set up in Squad and TS.

Server: Logged onto the Vanilla server last night to DL the mission and read the intro. I noticed when I selected a role it said I was a Squad Leader..I don't want to be a squad leader at this stage..does that mean anything?

Txs
    [CoFR] BeerHunter

You shouldn't feel bad because you're not succeeding. It's far better to feel confident that you have the ability to handle failure

Re: Some questions about TF Radio and the server

one: talk over Radio is Always caps lock I Think and ctrl + caps lock for long-range radio, and T and Y for alternating channels on both of these to get into more complex keybinds. talk over Direct is whatever your TS button is (proximity talk), so that one you can change. I may be wrong, maybe there is a way to set Radio keybind to something else in the files or something.

Server: We don't take the roles too seriously when we are not playing on events so what ever it says shouldn't be... we usually decide our leaders in-game on the ground.
    - Current ArmA Pathfinder

sigpic

Comment

Good..txs
      [CoFR] BeerHunter

You shouldn't feel bad because you're not succeeding. It's far better to feel confident that you have the ability to handle failure

Comment

BH,

Just make sure that TS is NOT set to Caps-Lock as this will have you double transmitting on TS and TFR or Local and TFR . . . I think TS used to install with Caps-lock as the default key for TS mic key and this caused some issues.

All good stuff. For my part I probably use SR a bit too much but in my defense I want to make sure the guys at the ends of a column or the wings of a wedge get the same comms that the guys right next to me. Also with the limited range of the SRs in game it's not like the guys "on the other side of Altis" are hearing what we're talking about in the squad like they would with "group" VON.

I know I keep "refining" my keybinds in-game and with comms being a key piece it's always something we can work with you on in-game pretty much any time. I experiment all the time to get away from radio and use "local voice" as much as possible and having an easy key to use is a huge benefit.

Good stuff, hope to see you soon . . . :-)

Comment

TFAR radio transmit keys are changeable in game... Controls > mods or something like that

Comment

Originally posted by MadSoloSniper View Post
            BH,
            All good stuff. For my part I probably use SR a bit too much but in my defense I want to make sure the guys at the ends of a column or the wings of a wedge get the same comms that the guys right next to me. Also with the limited range of the SRs in game it's not like the guys "on the other side of Altis" are hearing what we're talking about in the squad like they would with "group" VON.
            don't underrestimate the range of proximity talk... Me and Frodo were able to hear each other clearly between 2 rooftops in Takistan which were almost 100 meters apart by using the Shout instead of default "Normal" talk range setting. There is also Whisper (one can change this with ctrl+Tab.... even more keybinds :) )
            - Current ArmA Pathfinder

sigpic

Comment

Yep . . . and that also works well with nearby EI . . . ;-) . . . just remember that "yelling" is just that . . . . LOL

Good stuff, yep it works well, we just need to remember to move back to Normal so the enemy doesn't hear us as well . . .

May have to drop in tonight as well - TacTuesday with Dredge last night was amazing . . . .

Comment

I have TS (and Squad) bound to my MMB for convenience so they won't conflict with TFR CapLock button (disabled in ArmA3 as per instructions). Made notes on changing channels in TFR if I need to.

Txs
                [CoFR] BeerHunter

Comment

Quite simply. 2 scenarios to be of concern.

1. TFAR enabled games/servers.
                  Unbind the CAPS LOCK key to be used as the push to talk key.

2. Non-TFAR games/servers.
                  Enable CAPS LOCK to talk on various channels in game.

TGU Instructor TG Pathfinder

Former TGU Dean Former ARMA Admin Former Irregulars Officer

"Do not seek death. Death will find you. But seek the road which makes death a fulfillment." - Dag Hammarskjold

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                  X