Players and Admins - Periodic Reminder

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Players and Admins - Periodic Reminder

I would like to draw everyone's attention to one of our long standing rules here at TG. Over the last week I have personally witnessed a few incidents that lead me to believe that it is time to throw this back up on the billboard.

[SOP]Players and Admins

Nothing mean and nasty. In fact it is a rule to keep the "mean and nasty" out of our playing experience. If you have a problem, get an ArmA Admin. Use TS, Steam, Discord even. We can help with players or problems even if we are not in-game and we can do so discreetly as is needed.
    |TG-189th| Unkl
    [unit][conduct][volun][command]
    TG PrimerArmA Game Officer189th Infantry Brigade Former Irregular
    Submit a Ribbon Nomination!
    "this is on par with groups you have to join to get the quality of gameplay and i really enjoyed it" - random dude
    "Remember when the threat has spotted you, smoke first then bring the explosive rounds to bear. When the threat has not spotted you its bang first and smoke after to extract." - Wicks

I'd like to also share some points that came out of other discussions this morning.

Everyone that plays on a regular basis on our servers is invested in our community. We all respect this fact I'm sure it is the same to each and every one of us. So many of you go such a long way to bring players in and help them feel a part of us and it is essential and great.

When players don't understand that teamwork means leadership and so forth it is difficult sometimes to communicate this to our guests. For each of you that help with this aspect, thank you very much. I think everyone here plays a part in this. When players are becoming a problem, we all know how frustrating it can be when you are hours into a mission that is getting borked by a lone wolf.

I guess my point is that the admin team recognizes there is a grey area here. It is impossible to really write a rule here that is applicable to every circumstance and every unique person. I know many of you have admins on your PM services, please loop your admins in when things are out of hand. Thank you for all your efforts each and every one of you. You make it worthwhile to take the "watch duty".
    |TG-189th| Unkl
    "this is on par with groups you have to join to get the quality of gameplay and i really enjoyed it" - random dude
    "Remember when the threat has spotted you, smoke first then bring the explosive rounds to bear. When the threat has not spotted you its bang first and smoke after to extract." - Wicks

Comment

I'm usually here during the US days on STEAM at least and lurking in the TS channels when I'm not on the phone. Hit me up in STEAM ever if anyone needs anything. If I can drop in and help I'm always willing to do so.

Solo

Comment

Can you quote the incident that brought this to light? Otherwise we (at least I don't) have any reference point, therefor no reason/means to improve. Pretty vague.

Comment

Admins will deal with issues directly with the persons involved in any incident, so I would not quote a specific incident even if there was one here in the public thread.

The reason for the post is simply that we all, and myself and everyone in the admin team included, need to remember that we will communicate our rules in a manner that is demonstrating our values of respect even in the face of a difficult situation. Barking rules at guests usually just escalates to poor behavior when taking a friendly approach and explaining that we have a rule and perhaps the reason why that rule is there...usually works much better.

Like I attempted to qualify with my second post, it can be difficult dealing with a problematic player and things can get heated. Just remember that when we deal with the problem player we are also sending a message to the guests that are not creating a problem that will likely speak volumes about how respect is dished out in our community. This is why I like the first choice to deal with a problem player to be an admin. If there is one around, get them involved if a player is a problem please.

Very often I have been the admin who is told of a player creating a problem who simply needs to be guided through how we play and the players at the time are in the middle of a mission and a moment where there is not the space to take that step back from the situation and look objectively at it. It is just human nature. It is one of the reasons we designate admins to do this job. The team killer is sometimes the new player who really didn't know what was going on. Admins can spectate and determine this where players can't.

This is all. I am sorry that this post seemed to cause some tension for some as it is not at all my intent.
          |TG-189th| Unkl

Comment

Not at all. I was curious because I felt it was directed at me. I recently led a rifle squad in an assault, and I had to explain to a player why we usually don't bring high-powered long rifles into battle as part of a standard squad. I wasn't sure whether I came off as cross.

Comment

Tip I've picked up from good leaders: use "we, us", or other methods to be 'inclusive', versus the opposite.

Usage: We are tasked with. Our plan is to. Our mission for us is to hold. We are all wearing the Recon uniform, with combat vest light and MX platform rifles.

I personally found that it works better, and makes one feel as a part of the group. Obviously, there are times where one needs to be direct to get the crucial order/message across.i.e. "I need you to hold this corner".

TGU Instructor Irregulars TG Pathfinder

Former TGU Dean Former ARMA Admin Former Irregulars Officer

"Do not seek death. Death will find you. But seek the road which makes death a fulfillment." - Dag Hammarskjold

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
              X