Insurgency - Testing on Tanoa

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Insurgency - Testing on Tanoa

We threw up a different version of Insurgency last night and it shows a lot of promise. It is also set on Tanoa.

As far as bugs go we have already noticed that when a player dies it will remove the ability to use the radio but sometimes it gets the wrong player! So, we are going to look at it and see if we can add a few features to make it TG compatible. For now, and for a short time, it is on the server if you would like to take a quick look. We are likely going to modify it and have it soon in rotation.

If you notice more bugs or request features let me know. I did notice a very very familiar earplug script is already implemented in this mission :D My first snippet of code that comes back at me from the internet...love it.
    |TG-189th| Unkl
    [unit][conduct][volun][command]
    TG PrimerArmA Game Officer189th Infantry Brigade Former Irregular
    Submit a Ribbon Nomination!
    "this is on par with groups you have to join to get the quality of gameplay and i really enjoyed it" - random dude
    "Remember when the threat has spotted you, smoke first then bring the explosive rounds to bear. When the threat has not spotted you its bang first and smoke after to extract." - Wicks

This also uses Vcom AI if enabled in parameters, described on this link: http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=25381

In short, it completely redefines the AI in a drastic improvement in terms of mounting statics, flanking, avoiding death areas where their buddies died etc.
    - Current ArmA Pathfinder

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Xorilliz View Post
      This also uses Vcom AI if enabled in parameters, described on this link: http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=25381

In short, it completely redefines the AI in a drastic improvement in terms of mounting statics, flanking, avoiding death areas where their buddies died etc.
      Insurgents planted a bomb next to my downed body and blew Xorilliz. 10/10,Will counter-insurgent again!
      Mmm... smoke grenades.

Comment

So I was made aware of a deal breaking bug. When you activate an area it will not deactivate somehow? Not sure what the exact behavior is but we have a problem if a grid will stay active forever. I have not played enough to know how this is working yet. Any further info guys?
        |TG-189th| Unkl
        [unit][conduct][volun][command]
        TG PrimerArmA Game Officer189th Infantry Brigade Former Irregular
        Submit a Ribbon Nomination!
        "this is on par with groups you have to join to get the quality of gameplay and i really enjoyed it" - random dude
        "Remember when the threat has spotted you, smoke first then bring the explosive rounds to bear. When the threat has not spotted you its bang first and smoke after to extract." - Wicks

Comment

We ran into some grids in towns we couldn't seem to clear. I wasn't able to access Zeus at the time so I'm not sure if they were clear and not changing to green, or if any enemy was hidden well (or inside an unenterable building?).

It's not game breaking, just move to the next grid. No way anyone's ever going to clear the whole map anyway... too much clutter and server slow down for that to ever happen.
          Mmm... smoke grenades.

Comment

not sure if its the mission or a server setting but the lack of player icons on the map really bugs me. I found it really hard to SL a small group of people the other day in one of the towns. was impossible to keep track of were everyone was

Comment

Suggestions:
              1. Include the updated Player name tags (top of players heads). As it is, the 'small' size of the names are not really helpful.
              2. Add client side video settings.
              3. Our in-house TFAR radio thing thingy from arsenal.
              4. Addition of the ARMA3 Squad Radar.

TGU Instructor Irregulars TG Pathfinder

Former TGU Dean Former ARMA Admin Former Irregulars Officer

"Do not seek death. Death will find you. But seek the road which makes death a fulfillment." - Dag Hammarskjold

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
              X