Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ArmA 3 roadmap 2016-17

https://arma3.com/news/arma-3-roadma...7#.WAoJnIVOKUk

My dream has come true, air superiority jets and features is in it :)
    - Current ArmA Pathfinder

sigpic

Well we got a year at least. I was worried about them announcing Arma 4 or something, although they did mention a new engine in the works.

Comment

What gets my engine running in this is just the fact that we have lots of new playable content coming out over the next year. I'm so intrigued as to what this Orange project is we really need some hints. So, not only do we have an amazing game now, but that new features and content is coming in a steady stream! This game is one you can sink your teeth into for a long time to come. The last year and a half has been stunning and the hits just keep coming.
      |TG-189th| Unkl
      ArmA 3 Game Officer
      Dean of Tactical Gamer University
      189th Infantry Brigade Member

SUBMIT A RIBBON NOMINATION OR CONTACT AN ARMA ADMIN

Comment

Originally posted by |TG| B View Post
        Well we got a year at least. I was worried about them announcing Arma 4 or something, although they did mention a new engine in the works.
        The new Engine is for Dayz and ultimly Amra 4
        TG-189ᵀᴴ ArmaXO TGU Instructor

Comment

The new mechanics of the first DLC for next year (Air superiority jets) has been released on dev branch, which would be sensors overhaul for all aircrafts of any kind, described here: https://forums.bistudio.com/topic/20...nsor-overhaul/

sigpic

Comment

To provide a few examples: later this year, we'll publish 64-bit executables to Dev-Branch
            So this could possibly affect multi thread utilization and full RAM/VRAM utilization?

Comment

increased memory usage only, terrain will load faster and it will stutter less because of too many textures loading in etc but average performance will stay about the same. I get the feeling they added this partially because the new fast fixed-wings with long render distances will gain a lot from it but im just guessing on that.

64-bit has been on dev-branch for a while

sigpic

Comment

They gave some information on the Combat Patrol gamemode that was added to dev branch as well: https://dev.arma3.com/post/oprep-combat-patrol

Looks interesting. Selectable area of operations with random objectives and encounters.

sigpic

Comment

From that article:
                  On many occasions, we failed miserably, and we still do sometimes. But we found that, what might sound as Combat Patrol's shortcoming, is in fact its most interesting feature. Once we learned to cope with the challenge, we realized that defeat was always due to our own mistakes: botched reconnaissance, failed execution of the plan, or a complete disarray in team communication and role play. The good news is that after several of those games, people tend to improve in many ways. The team becomes coherent, people truly cooperate and communicate, tactics and interesting solutions emerge. The occasional moments of gallantry suddenly stop leading to casualties.
                  That paragraph is inspiring. The open nature of the assets being available to mission designers is also great news!
                  |TG-189th| Unkl
                  ArmA 3 Game Officer
                  Dean of Tactical Gamer University
                  189th Infantry Brigade Member

SUBMIT A RIBBON NOMINATION OR CONTACT AN ARMA ADMIN

Comment

https://twitter.com/Arma3official/st...10350638206977

Looks like the wing of an F-22 with external pylons mounting laser guided bombs and medium range air to air missiles (the DLC will give us the option to edit a vehicle's armament in the editor of any rotary or fixed-wing aircraft)... I am just glad that they added GBU capability or else it would be strictly air to air. Dev-branch has also been updated with various aircraft HMDs,computed impact point targeting aid for the armed V-44 blackfish and more. A video later this week from them will describe the year's DLCs more

sigpic

Comment

I guess its a futuristic f18 with some f22 design to it? https://arma3.com/news/scanning-the-...7#.WNLCtoWcGUk

some good stuff mentioned in that horizon video... the AAF "less advanced jet" is today's: Swedish "Jas 39 Gripen" :)

sigpic

Comment

New but related subject. Keep in mind that with the new Enfusion engine you will need to know EnScript for modding...no more SQF. If your into modding you may like to read this https://www.reddit.com/r/dayz/commen..._the_enscript/

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

All I gotta say is that Arma 4 better work with VR!
                          "Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new."
                          -Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by zilfondel View Post
                            All I gotta say is that Arma 4 better work with VR!
                            zilfondel There is already a haptic feedback vest with built in vibrators and speakers for ArmA 3 and VR use. You can find it on Newegg.

Interested in listening to guitar playing and a good conversation, look for me on TS.

"Hope is for the weak. I hope for nothing. I work for things. That is the only way for events to unfold." -Cleverbot

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                            X