Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [ANNOUNCEMENT] I need you...

Moraleboost1.jpg

Hello my fellow Armed Assault players. I ask that you spare me few minutes of your precious time, your open minds, and ears.

"I wish we had more people..."

Have you ever thought, or had a similar line of thought. During your games, or whilst waiting to see if our TS channel filled with players?
    If you have, or such thought was in passing. We are on the same page, and I hope with your help.
    I believe we can directly influence the number of our regulars to be much more!
    I speak with experience. This isn't some light bulb moment. We have had tremendously successful intake of new players, and grew to staggering number of players. We were even fighting to secure our spots in game events, and even in the regular games too.

I do realise that, at TacticalGamer it is about 'Quality' vs 'Quantity'. Or the balance of the two. However, we must start some where.
    We must first accept & adopt, and be willing to make our own player base grow with our own initiatives.
    I'm quite certain that we have read or heard this phrase; "Live by the sword, die by the sword". In this case, we live with our in-actions, and die due to our in-actions.

We must not take a back seat and place all the heavy lifting to the administration team. They are here to manage, and support.
    This is just 'passing the buck', and worse still. Not believing in yourselves, as part of this great community.
    We as players are in direct contact with players.
    Our actions, our personalities, and behaviours (and humour!) have profound connections to the players who were just visiting.

Don't get me wrong. I am not criticising you. In fact, I am asking for your help!
    I know that this is something that not one person, or the admin team can do alone.
    This is a group effort. Which will take our own individual efforts, and commitments.
    Otherwise, as the poster says above. We will 'play alone.'

We are in the front line, we are the vanguards.
    This is our time. This is your time.

Last edited by LowSpeedHighDrag; 10-31-2016, 05:29 PM. Reason: typo

TGU Instructor TG Pathfinder

Former TGU Dean Former ARMA Admin Former Irregulars Officer

"Do not seek death. Death will find you. But seek the road which makes death a fulfillment." - Dag Hammarskjold

Originally posted by LowSpeedHighDrag View Post
    Our actions, our personalities, and behaviours (and humour!) have profound connections to the players who were just visiting.
    I've personally seen a lot of good done recently with the above sentiment in mind by some of our regulars. In fact, most of our regulars demonstrate this on an almost daily basis. Kudos to those that keep the fires burning.

The admin team does not make everything happen around here indeed. However, neither are we in any danger of "playing alone". Things go up and down. Like I have been busy with renovations...almost completed! Should be done by the weekend in time for my vaca! Look out ArmA servers...you gonna get a work out!

Mid-terms would have just happened recently and that upsets the usual flow as students get both stressed then burned out. Winterizing is going on.

I would hazard to guess that if there is players looking for a game then just get on and play. Personally, it doesn't take very long just about anytime I play to have a few join and it usually turns into a fire team pretty quickly. Sitting on TS waiting for people does not work. Getting in game does. Stick it out and be the solution I'd suggest.

As a matter of fact, looking at some stats, we are pretty much where I'd expect we'd be. I do think there is some pretty cool events coming up that you all won't want to miss! TGU has been working on a bunch of new material and we are about to reveal a lot more content that will also bring new traffic to our door! Get ready!
    |TG-189th| Unkl
    ArmA 3 Game Officer
    Dean of Tactical Gamer University
    189th Infantry Brigade Member

SUBMIT A RIBBON NOMINATION OR CONTACT AN ARMA ADMIN

Comment

It has been a while since I have played ARMA -- four + years (having a son will do that). I miss playing this game with TG -- ARMA is real-life you know:-) It is nice to see you old chaps still going strong with this one. I so want to get back into the fight with you good TG folk!

Comment

Ah AxiomGreen. Much belated congrats to being a father! No wonder you were missing in these halls. :)

TGU Instructor TG Pathfinder

Former TGU Dean Former ARMA Admin Former Irregulars Officer

"Do not seek death. Death will find you. But seek the road which makes death a fulfillment." - Dag Hammarskjold

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
        X