• Show
Clear All

• [EVENT] Tactical Tues - Tactical Gamer University Drill Night

logo.png

TACTICAL GAMER UNIVERSITY
    presents
    INDIVIDUAL MOVEMENT DRILLS

Time: Tonight!
    Tonight TGU is going to run you guys through some Individual Movement Drills. This is going to be fast paced with lots of action on your part.
    imt_runLeft.JPG

Before you can be a good team member there are some individual skills that are necessary. How easily do you throw the rifle out on the far right shoulder and lean around a corner? When should you do so back from a corner about a couple feet away? Now, your going to run up 5 seconds and drop prone, immediately roll twice to the left or right and fast crawl another 5 feet. Then get up on a knee and lean left around the obstacle and engage one of the three targets that is going to pop up at random.

We will run some timed drills that will help get you into the flow of your key binds. We will force you to maneuver around your team without crossing someones lane of fire. We will get you in the habit of communicating your movements and observations using direct chat.

We are also going to run a Move Under Fire drill. The objective is to move forward under fire from enemy forces. They will hit you! You must make it to the far end of the range with fewer than 3 hits. Upon a third hit you will be instantly moved back to the beginning of the course! This drill will teach you what works and what does not for moving forward under enemy fire.

This also represents TGU's first set of lessons using a new model. Yep, we ain't gonna lecture no more lol. No, this type of learning is based on a progressive model where we want to take you from your current skill level to better. Where you will challenge yourself to get better. Formations will have no place in the drill today. This is far more basic than formation.

We have more drills than that to run through but this will be a fun filled set of exercises starting at about 5pm or 6pm EDT (New York). We will go with the flow and there will be missions prior and after the set of drills as well.

|TG-189th| Unkl
    ArmA 3 Game Officer
    Dean of Tactical Gamer University
    189th Infantry Brigade Member

SUBMIT A RIBBON NOMINATION OR CONTACT AN ARMA ADMIN

Sounds great. Kudos to the instructors and team spending the time, effort and energy to get this up and running.

Voting night here in America. I won't be home until after 6:30 or so and then it's supper. I may be on by 8 or 8:30.
    sigpic
    |TG-1st|Grunt
    ARMA Admin (retired)
    Pathfinder-Spartan 5

Comment

You Guys put alot of time and effort into that and it payed off with a most enjoyable evening. Thanks Again to our instructors.

Comment

Thank you Bond. I'd spend 12 hours working on the mission by the time we'd started the drills and was less prepared with lesson plans. But LowSpeed and Shoomfie were great at getting you guys moving around. I think it is a format that we all need to get used to. It should be more of a conversation than we got up to last night. But it was good to see how it could work out with some more planning.

Also, I did another 7 hours of editing this am on the mission files. The revive has been taken out 100% and you respawn in place. It allows for the drill to continue without big problems. The two drills I scripted now have instruction stations where you can get a detailed brief on how to navigate each of them.

Next thing to worry about will be to get a Save Loadout option into it so you don't lose your gear on respawn.
        |TG-189th| Unkl
        ArmA 3 Game Officer

Comment

I got 60 seconds on that shooting course.

...Xorillz beat me by three seconds =)

Current ARMA Development Project: No Current Project

"An infantryman needs a leader to be the standard against which he can judge all soldiers."

Friend of |TG| Chief

Comment

Originally posted by Unkl View Post

The revive has been taken out 100% and you respawn in place. It allows for the drill to continue without big problems. The two drills I scripted now have instruction stations where you can get a detailed brief on how to navigate each of them.
            That would be ideal. Where a player can action the respawn in place.
            The course grounds were very well made, and the fun 'time trials' area to keep the sporty young gents occupied. I'd love to see an improvised shoot house, where accuracy and judgement being part of penalty for the timed goal. As well as time settings where, you'll need to find the source of the fire by using the incoming tracers or via muzzle flashes...I'll liaise with the mission gurus. :)

Let's make this a weekly thing?

TGU Instructor TG Pathfinder

Former TGU Dean Former ARMA Admin Former Irregulars Officer

"Do not seek death. Death will find you. But seek the road which makes death a fulfillment." - Dag Hammarskjold

Comment

I love the idea of improving on the target range. More features and reports on accuracy would be ideal.

Also, Ill work on more of the lesson plan before next time. I dont think we want to use Tuesday nights too often but appreciate the turn out to get us into a new model.

This model of traininf requires participation and discussion. It requires sharing of experiences and thoughtful discussion from everyone.

Lets try again in two weeks so we have a chance to be well prepared.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

|TG-189th| Unkl
              ArmA 3 Game Officer

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement