Permissions in Liberation

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Permissions in Liberation

I know there are mixed feelings about this kind of missions, but as stated in the other thread, I like to play Liberation (and other missions) while waiting for others to join the servers and/or TeamSpeak.

While playing, i noticed something strange. Sometimes I am allowed to fly, sometimes not. No matter the slot I joined in. One day I am allowed to fly as AR, other day I can't as slotted pilot. Same thing goes for spawning vehicles etc.

Could someone please (roughly) explain the permissions system used on this missions? Do i have to be on some sort of list or are the permissions granted ingame?

Thank you!

Beda

Permissions are given to individual players by a logged in admin. I think also this permissions addAction is available only when the logged in admin is nearby the main base. If you slot in as the commander I think permissions is available.

I think this is also saved (persistent permissions after log out and log in) but I am not sure if that is functional in the version we play. Anyway if you play often next time ask an admin to give you all the permissions. Usually admins give all permissions to TG regulars like yourself.

Comment

I think that a voted admin may be able to set permissions but I have not tested that.

It should be set so that light vehicles are enabled to all. Everything else should be restricted by default.

Then for TG regulars permissions are generally set to all allowed. For new guests I will grant permissions based on their conduct and need at hand.

If a commander or other admin in any capacity has set the default permission for all settings to Allow for new users, please adjust them back as stated above.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

|TG-189th| Unkl
      ArmA 3 Game Officer
      Dean of Tactical Gamer University
      189th Infantry Brigade Member

SUBMIT A RIBBON NOMINATION OR CONTACT AN ARMA ADMIN

Comment

I know that on Libby, that the Commander slot could definitely change permissions. But recently, I've noticed that (specifically when Dimitrius tried taking that slot) players are are not allowed to play in the commander slot without permission. I'm sure this is intentional (and a great thing). However, is there a way for those who've demonstrated good character, to be whitelisted for the commander slot? (Like a "Liberation commander application thread" or something?)

ribbons_volunteer-class1.jpg
        "WARNING: Don't let me throw frags!"

Comment

Ah right, I think Liberation commander is whitelisted to pathfinders I believe.

Comment

Originally posted by |TG| B View Post
            Ah right, I think Liberation commander is whitelisted to pathfinders I believe.
            is it going to stay this way? Is it something that's hard-coded in the mission, or is it something that could call on an external file with an array of whitelisted names (that could theoretically be updated easily)? I'm not concerned either way really. I'm more just curious as to how it works. :)

ribbons_volunteer-class1.jpg
            "WARNING: Don't let me throw frags!"

Comment

Should be easy to update. It is an array of UIDs in the mission file somewhere.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
              X