TG ArmA visits Planetside 2 - Friday March 10 8pm EST

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [EVENT] TG ArmA visits Planetside 2 - Friday March 10 8pm EST

We had a great group from TacticalGamer.com join us on our Saturday event for Operation Dragnet. We had a blast getting everyone set up and running over 4 hours of Enemy Assault. We had a lot of folks join us along the way as well. We want to join up with their team and get squared away for some Planetside 2 action for this Friday Night Fight with our TG outfit.

The best news is that Planetside 2 is free to play and you can grab it from the Steam Store Here.

Here is a link to the the Official Rules and SOP's.

We will have to coordinate how to get you all into the outfit so I'll post up some more links here soon and some of our PS2 Corporals may assist us get that squared away.

Looking forward to the games this Friday.
    |TG-189th| Unkl
    ArmA 3 Game Officer
    Dean of Tactical Gamer University
    189th Infantry Brigade Member

SUBMIT A RIBBON NOMINATION OR CONTACT AN ARMA ADMIN

Just the right amount of heads up. i just might have the 10gb done by then XD

Comment

I installed it and had the intention to check out that corner. We doing a full on visit on Friday? I am in.

Comment

I've playing PlanetSide 2 with the TG outfit lately, it's a lot of fun and the teamwork level reminds me of Arma. count me in.
        |MPL TRACE|

Comment

Hello everyone at Arma

I am vts, one of the TG Officers from the Planetside 2 Outfit.

PS2 Game Name: vtsINuk (vts in uk)

I have had ArmA 3 for over a year and have still not had chance to played it online. Sadly missed the event last Saturday, sound like it was a great success and am looking forward to meeting like minded TG members from other titles like ArmA.

Feel free to make yourself known on our Planetside 2 channel in Discord.

Also, yes PlanetSide 2 is a 10GB+ download, it may help to progress through the tutorial to help you get started with the basics.

You can start the application process by following the information here

We also have a Web Application form which automatically add your details to our Outfit Recruits Database which make the process of finding your In Game Name and other information you have submitted a lot easier for us.(Step 4 link above)

Within this form, if you wish, you can also mention that you play ArmA in the 'Additional Information / Background' section.

NOTE: One our Officers will need to be online and in game at the same time to be able to invite each person into the Outfit, with the ability to promote them to Member status. You may find using Discord and/or TeamSpeak helpful for this process.

(6..~)Z Z z z....

Comment

I have been meaning to check out the planetside 2 chapter of TG. It is also nice to see that TG is also blue and yellow blooded. I was a NC back in the old days of first planetside. Gotta love the jackhammer.

I will have to give the application process a better look. Looking forward to seeing you planetside.
            http://www.tacticalsites.com/~cingular/TGDownloads/Irregulars%20Icons/arma.png
            http://www.tacticalsites.com/~cingular/TGDownloads/Irregulars%20Icons/seaman.png

Comment

On second thought. I don't think i will participate in this event. Unfortunately my main account is Vanu(an ever so low BR29, but like $50 SC spent) on Emerald, and to change over would require deleting that account(unless something has changed in the last 4 and half years since i played it regularly)

While it sounds fun, i enjoy blasting NC's from maximum view range far too much to delete that account. spent a good 2 hours on tonight trying to run an gun then ended up sniping the rest. love my plasma sniper rifles XD

Comment

B_Wilco , nowadays when you log in you have three accounts available, so you shouldn't need to delete the Vanu one. Just create another character with NC and you are good to go!.
                |MPL TRACE|

Comment

I won't be able to make it on friday. Will this become a reoccuring thing anytime soon?

Comment

You know the TG outfit plays all the time. You can join them for a game any time. I'd watch their TS channel and see what is cookin'.
                    |TG-189th| Unkl
                    ArmA 3 Game Officer

Comment

Originally posted by MPL TRACE View Post
                      B_Wilco , nowadays when you log in you have three accounts available, so you shouldn't need to delete the Vanu one. Just create another character with NC and you are good to go!.
                      Looked in to it a bit more i guess they changed that rule when they started shutting servers down. Used to be a limit of one faction per server, but back then there were a few dozen servers to pick from. so it wasn't much of an issue.

anyways i got an NC set up and went through that silly tutorial it forces you to do. so i guess i'm back in though i will be a little late, got work un till 9 ish

Comment

I won't make this one, gonna save that download for the new PC in a couple weeks. Please respond in here with how it goes and I will try to hook up with the replays that are sure to follow.
                        May God have mercy upon my enemies, because I won’t.
                        -- Gen. George S. Patton

|TG189th| Cody

Comment

I launched my PS2 launcher this am and had it do it's update. I'm ready to roll! Looking forward to asking all sorts of newbie questions all over again?

What is push to talk for direct & squad?

What gear should I grab and how?

How do I get one of those awesome space blaster thingys?
                          |TG-189th| Unkl
                          ArmA 3 Game Officer

Comment

Helllo ArmA!

I will be online around 8:30, sadly with work I cannot arrive earlier.

I can get everyone squared away with basics when I arrive.

My on gAme name is "Garthra" Add me as a friend when you log on in. I will send out in game outfit invites as soon as I log on.

Use the Planetside 2 team speak to request an invite to the squad before I arrive.

The question foremost in my mind is "what will bring the most tactical fun to the server?"

Comment

Reading up on some guides and stuff. Watched a video tutorial by some guy on youtube... I am now understanding the sheer scale of this. Quite excited to try it out with TG. I will be late though around 7 Central.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X