Hearts and Minds March 25th 2017

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hearts and Minds March 25th 2017

Last night we quite a few players join us for a game on the Hearts and Minds server. Our mission took us to good old Chernarus and in short order we had the server to half capacity with both regulars and new players among our ranks. At one point we hit 32 players in TS alone and I was not able to grab a screenshot.

Organizing, Managing and Leading a platoon-sized mission is no easy business and I tip my cover to Unkl, BadStache LowSpeedHighDrag and B for their successful efforts during the time I was able to assist as medic. (And anyone else I may have missed)

Also, shout-out to Mik for excellent Piloting skills.

All of the following images are 1440. Make sure to click on them to see full detail.

I took a few shots while we were traversing Chernarus you can view them if you click this sentence.
    Last edited by Dimitrius; 03-26-2017, 08:31 AM. Reason: Forgot Lowspeed >.>

Current ARMA Development Project: No Current Project

"An infantryman needs a leader to be the standard against which he can judge all soldiers."

Friend of |TG| Chief

I have threee outstanding memories:

1. Calling over the radio "Friendlies on the white smoke!" At split second before hearing Cody yelling from behind me "Frag out!" - then hearing that heart stoping "tink, tink, tink" sound of a grenade landing nearby :/

Cody swore the grendade that killed me was in my pocket the whole time and wasn't his. Since I had about 40 grenades on my person (Grenadier done right (tm)!) I couldnt really dispute that...

2. At the lumber yard B yelling out, " stay away from those brick piles and trash piles on the street, they could be IEDs!" And Red yelling back, "it's ok, I checked them out. They are safe!" And maybe 60 seconds later an ear splitting explosion from that direction leveled me. I have no idea what blew up, but the timing was near perfect. Im going to assume Red looked down right after saying it's clear and saw the stereotypical red led count down and decided calling it in would just make him look bad... lol :)

3. The HLZ dismount from the Sea Stallion. We dismounted with enemies no more than 20meters away. B saved my life by taking down an enemy that was knocked down then stood up maybe 2 meters to my back right. I turned just in time to see the EI collapse as he took aim at me! Rattled from that I ended up killing T49 in the barn to my front - I had no idea anyone had moved so far out. I saw the boonie hat and just unloaded on him :(

between those tragic high points we had lots of excellent, coordinated squad maneuvers. Working with a squad that dismounted, setup perimeter calling out directions of cover - great sighting/contact reports, etc. it was a privilege to be a part of it. Thanks to everyone that made it happen!

Comment

That was me that yelled out about the possible IEDs. Of course, I didn't move an inch away from them so B would wind up yelling, "BadStache is down! I need a medic here!" He then set about plugging what I'm sure were holes all over my body. Unfortunately I succumbed to the massive blood loss and too much epi.

Flying back in on the CH-53, I told Noyava I had a bad feeling. When I tried to get out of the heli I couldn't. Instead, I was walking around inside as everyone else was getting on board. I couldn't get in a seat and just paced the crew space to sounds of laughter a I reminded the men why I had called them all together. When the heli took off it took off around me, leaving me dying on the ground. Gotta love Arma. I got back to base in time to hear JIP's talking about a TK incident, so I stayed behind to organize and get guys back to the front. Hate I missed the fun in Cherno but I've died in Cherno many times before. "Friendlies in Cherno?"

Comment

I have review the video evidence and I was WRONG. Cody called Frag Out *before* I called my position. Be sure to watch the last 1minute of the video to see the incident in question.

Also while on the AAR line of thinking. Here are the things I say myself doing in this video that I'd like to improve on:

1. I nearly took off Chris head with a 40mm. Good reminder to check both ways before moving. I'm sure he didn't know I was there or he wouldn't have stepped there.
        2. I moved up on that enemy position in the trees at the end with calling it and waiting for a response from my squad that they knew I was going to move. Given the amount of fire directed at that position before, that was pretty fool-hardy on my part.

Comment

Originally posted by Noyava View Post
          I I have no idea what blew up, but the timing was near perfect...
          That was actually a VBIED which blew up on the other side of the corrugated steel fence right after you said that. I spent the next five minutes helping get casualties up after that incident.

"An infantryman needs a leader to be the standard against which he can judge all soldiers."

Friend of |TG| Chief

Comment

Originally posted by Dimitrius View Post

That was actually a VBIED which blew up on the other side of the corrugated steel fence right after you said that. I spent the next five minutes helping get casualties up after that incident.
            FTFY: "getting casualties up to heaven"

lol :)

Seriously, no hard feelings. I know ACE medical can be harsh, I've killed my share of patient already too.

Comment

I know ACE medical can be harsh....
              I quite like it. Broadens the support role and for people who enjoy the added responsibility, it is satisfying.

Friend of |TG| Chief

Comment

You all make excellent points, however it is my humble but accurate opinion that the highlight of the night was the excellent CAS and aerial spotting........ well except for 'HLZ Everyone Dies', that wasn't so great.

Comment

I was stuck doing homework and troubleshooting as to what made my nose disconnect that i didn't get to enjoy this. Positive note i figured out the culprit which was my old external HD. Disconnected and everything works fine once again. Time to buy a new one.

Comment

I have review the video evidence and I was WRONG. Cody called Frag Out *before* I called my position.
                    I however take full responsibility for this incident. This was my first frag with ace, I didn't realize you had to select a throw and therefore my frag practically landed in your pocket.

I saw this and froze in a "darn what just happened" moment. Instead I should have yelled bad frag or something to perhaps minimize your injurys. Instead well the video pretty much sums that up.

May God have mercy upon my enemies, because I won’t.
                    -- Gen. George S. Patton

|TG189th| Cody

Comment

Originally posted by Cody View Post
                      This was my first frag with ace
                      Two days ago I was testing a mission with Unkl , we were huddling by a compound wall about to test out a demolition charge. As he was squatting placing the charge, I accidentally hit G and very politely set a live grenade in his lap. I ran away horrified and screaming warnings, but he stayed put and kept arming the charge, which did eventually go off, but not before the grenade killed him.

Heh, takes a little getting used too =)

Friend of |TG| Chief

Comment

On the subject of bad frags. I have a similar incident where I "Threw" is frag but it was either clipped off a low rock wall or had it on drop via ACE grenade throw thing. Now that ACE is no longer in the pipeline as stated by our GO (Game Officer), I'm sure my throwing arm won't suffer the same mistake twice...I hope.

TGU Instructor · TG Pathfinder

Former TGU Dean · Former ARMA Admin · Former Irregulars Officer

"Do not seek death. Death will find you. But seek the road which makes death a fulfillment." - Dag Hammarskjold

Comment

Originally posted by LowSpeedHighDrag View Post
                          On the subject of bad frags. I have a similar incident where I "Threw" is frag but it was either clipped off a low rock wall or had it on drop via ACE grenade throw thing. Now that ACE is no longer in the pipeline as stated by our GO (Game Officer), I'm sure my throwing arm won't suffer the same mistake twice...I hope.
                          Yeah. I will have to go back to blaming bad frags on ArmA instead of on ACE. lol : )

Comment

After analyzing Noy's video I have determined something interesting. Just before you hear Cody call, "frag out", you actually see the frag landing in a bush next to Noy. I attribute this to the audio and video not being synced properly in Noy's clip. On the other hand, it's still funny.

Comment

Originally posted by BadStache View Post
                              After analyzing Noy's video I have determined something interesting. Just before you hear Cody call, "frag out", you actually see the frag landing in a bush next to Noy. I attribute this to the audio and video not being synced properly in Noy's clip. On the other hand, it's still funny.
                              Noyava highlights this at the end of the video =)

Friend of |TG| Chief

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X