X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Humour

I saw this on Quora.

"What is the difference between Marines and Army?"

The army will systematically kick open your door, secure the house, post men at every entrance and exit, regularly check in with their superiors, question you about your motives, and then leave once they've made sure there is no threat to be had.

The Marines will blow a hole in your living room wall, flip over your couch, proceed to “Get amphibious” as they shower themselves in alcohol, raid your craft supplies closet for the biggest bottle of Elmers glue they can swallow, and proceed to eat your storage of crayons before declaring “Semper Fi” and riding out on top of an Abrams.

TGU Instructor · TG Pathfinder

Former TGU Dean · Former ARMA Admin · Former Irregulars Officer

"Do not seek death. Death will find you. But seek the road which makes death a fulfillment." - Dag Hammarskjold

So you're saying the Marines are like Thorin Oakenshield and his band of Dwarves?

Current ARMA Development Project: No Current Project

"An infantryman needs a leader to be the standard against which he can judge all soldiers."

Friend of |TG| Chief

Comment

I'm not "saying", I'm merely passing on what the guy on Quora posted.

"Do not seek death. Death will find you. But seek the road which makes death a fulfillment." - Dag Hammarskjold

Comment

I think the reference escaped.

Current ARMA Development Project: No Current Project

"An infantryman needs a leader to be the standard against which he can judge all soldiers."

Friend of |TG| Chief

Comment

Overcompensating for falling under the Department of the Navy.

Comment

If anything, the guy posted in the Quora thread actually gave respect towards the Marines mindset & their fighting spirit using his own humour without disrespecting them.
            Personally not being a Marine, I'd prefer not to degrade them to anything other.

Comment

Originally posted by LowSpeedHighDrag View Post
              If anything, the guy posted in the Quora thread actually gave respect towards the Marines mindset & their fighting spirit using his own humour without disrespecting them.
              Personally not being a Marine, I'd prefer not to degrade them to anything other.
              I happen to work with a former Marine Infantrymen. While with the 101st AB, I served with a former Marine Infantryman who joined the Army Infantry after the Corps. A good friend served with USMC in Desert Storm (Field Artillery) and then did two tours in Iraq (US Army Infantry).

I know them to be tough skinned and they take a good ribbing as much as they give one. The ones I know don't care much about the opinions of those who have not served, whether it be in humor or disrespect. However, they 'get' with the typical cross Branch harassing that often goes on between Army/USMC. All in good fun.

Comment

LowSpeedHighDrag lol :)
                The question foremost in my mind is "what will bring the most tactical fun to the server?"

Comment

Comment

Chichco Very funny :)

Comment

Being in the army, one thing i was always told: if you find yourself in a situation where you think your going to be in trouble, like if you just got into a fight at the bar and know the cops are on the way. there are 3 steps you should take, first take a deep breath and cool your head.....second, scream "Semper Fi, Hoorah!!!" and step 3 pop smoke and GTFO.

Comment

So Dimitrius ran a mission scout made last night with all of us assaulting some Russian compound and then having to blow up fuel tanks. I and my small little fireteam got overwatch duty.
                        The opening part of this video definitely shows just how Bond679 , Besties and I handled that responsibility.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                        X