No announcement yet.

[ArmA] TGU - Basic/Advanced Leadership - Sat Apr 15 2pm EDT - DISCUSSION THREAD

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [EVENT] [ArmA] TGU - Basic/Advanced Leadership - Sat Apr 15 2pm EDT - DISCUSSION THREAD

Hey wanna join Tactical Gamer University and help us all get better at leading fire teams, squads and missions? We are going to run through the coles notes version of the TGU leadership courses. Then you are going to get lots of time to practice and drill you magots! lol

Hey, in order to get in on this event you need to navigate over the Tactical Gamer University section of our forms and sign up HERE. Go do it now soldier! Whadda you wating for, PT?
    |TG-189th| Unkl
    ArmA 3 Game Officer
    Dean of Tactical Gamer University
    189th Infantry Brigade Member

SUBMIT A RIBBON NOMINATION OR CONTACT AN ARMA ADMIN

TGU presents Basic/Advanced Leadership - In-game instruction and drills.

How to systematically deal with the organization of Fire Teams, Squads/Sections up to the Platoon level.

Communications templates for SITREP, LOCSTAT, ACE reports and much more.

In depth discussion on the role of the FTL in managing and motivating a team in coordination with the squad.

In depth discussion on the Squad Leader in managing FTL's and communicating to a Platoon Leader. How to keep fire teams within range of keeping an overall security and being able to react and maneuver in support of squad objectives. How to pick routes applicable for a squad travelling and how to manage halts.

In brief discussion of the Platoon Leader role and the importance of meeting objectives and providing active objectives for all players. This will focus primarily on Infantry Platoons and will not cover motorized, mechanized or air-cav operations.

This will form the basis for improved game play and make it much easier for sharing of leadership duties. Leaders will be better equipped to meet the challenges of in-game objectives and in providing a great teamwork environment.

Everyone can improve in this capacity and we strongly encourage players to sign up. We need players to simply act as infantry even if you are not considering leadership in your immediate future. If you have moved into some FTL roles, this will help with being comfortable with handling multiple nets of communication, concerns and increase the fun you may have while doing so.

|TG-189th| Unkl
    ArmA 3 Game Officer

Comment

So one of the things we would like to do is to have this open to more than just our regular leaders. We need players to fill in the roles of the infantry teams. We are hoping to have more instructors available to help pass on tips on things like how to move around your team members, how to safely reload during a firefight, what things specifically should you do when you come under contact...ect

Anyone is welcome to stand by the leadership discussion but we will have to limit participation to 8 in order to give those participants the focus they need. This is why sign ups are required for that portion.

Anyone who would like to volunteer as a guest instructor please contact myself or reply here. We want to keep everyone busy and engaged for 2 hours of fun and tactical information!
      |TG-189th| Unkl
      ArmA 3 Game Officer

Comment

Basic Leadership Course - TTP - Communication

TGU Signals - Prowords list
        Click me

TGU Signals - Networks (Nets)
        Click me

TGU Signals - SitRep (ACE)
        Click me

TGU Basic Leadership Course - Orders & Reports
        Click me
        |TG-189th| Unkl
        ArmA 3 Game Officer

Comment

I will try to join if I have time

Comment

Thank you for those who attended that was great stuff. We need to repeat this for those who could not make it. This is essential refresher for anyone who takes lead....no ego slap intended....for me as much as anyone. Just like a sports team does spring training....we need a refresh every now and then.
            |TG-189th| Unkl
            ArmA 3 Game Officer

Comment

It's been almost a year since I took the Basic Leadership course and I really needed the refresher. Thanks for your time, Unkl.

Comment

Me too! We didn't cover enough but we sure did saturate the time! Looking forward to learning more from all y'all.
                |TG-189th| Unkl
                ArmA 3 Game Officer

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse