TGU proposition - Training Thursdays

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TGU proposition - Training Thursdays

What do you think about making another reoccurring event on Thursdays for Tactical Gamer University - Training Thursdays?
    I think this is great. Sign me up!
    24.00%
    I'd like to do this but maybe not every Thursday.
    40.00%
    I'd like to do this as long as it involves practice drills and not just instruction.
    20.00%
    I'm already better than the rest of you so I won't be there. :D
    8.00%
    I would like to but another day would be far easier for me...I'll post my preferred day below.
    0%
    I think playing missions alone is better. MOAR TRIGGER TIME!
    8.00%

The poll is expired.

|TG-189th| Unkl
    ArmA 3 Game Officer
    Dean of Tactical Gamer University
    189th Infantry Brigade Member

SUBMIT A RIBBON NOMINATION OR CONTACT AN ARMA ADMIN

I would like it to be, for example, a first and third Thursday of the month event, Where there is a week between lessons to discuss, and prepare for the next one: Once most of the basics are covered, maybe do a sign up for specials classes, such as armour convoys, CAS or others things, practicing that, with real, regular players and TGU instructors could be really good and fun. That's just my opinion, any comments?.
    |MPL TRACE|

Comment

Can I change my vote? I think Trace's idea is right on the money. When I took flying lessons I did better when I had a couple of weeks or more between flights. I had time to digest what had been covered.

Comment

I don't think it was meant to be a concrete, full on, instruction only block of classes. I believe it would be better run with casual mindset; who turns up and shows particular interest in any subjects would be the way. Plus some bonus non documented tips & tricks from TGU fellas.

As for the "when" thing. It would be better to set it per week basis. Thereby allowing the knowledge to be put in practice more often, and not forgotten as we tend to do. That's my input.

TGU Instructor TG Pathfinder

Former TGU Dean Former ARMA Admin Former Irregulars Officer

"Do not seek death. Death will find you. But seek the road which makes death a fulfillment." - Dag Hammarskjold

Comment

LowSpeed is right here. The idea is to have an informal day kind of like how Tactical Tues is "Zeus Day" but it is very loose. We could do things like all learn to fly from our best pilots. Learn better IMT....do simple drills, practice different weapon systems.

There is no set lesson plan for each day but our instructors would prepare and advertise some ideas they might be bringing this week. I would likely have to do with the upcoming Saturday mission for that week!

I don't like every other week or once a month because it is difficult to coordinate and keep it active. There is also no reason why that if the training for a particular night was detrimental to the main server instance we could take it to another server. Hey, if we miss a day every month or so, then that is not all bad.

woesterudolf and Chichco
          |TG-189th| Unkl
          ArmA 3 Game Officer
          Dean of Tactical Gamer University
          189th Infantry Brigade Member

SUBMIT A RIBBON NOMINATION OR CONTACT AN ARMA ADMIN

Comment

Great, Unkl, now I want a Steak ...

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server