Airmobile Infantry Ops I - Discussion Thread - SAT APR 22 2pm EDT

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [EVENT] Airmobile Infantry Ops I - Discussion Thread - SAT APR 22 2pm EDT

This will be the discussion thread for Saturday's event. OPORD/FRAGO information, questions and discussion can go here. browna3 will be your supreme commander and will be working with administration to select roles. Make sure we get sign ups early so we can get this organized. You want bigger ops on Saturdays?....get with this!
    |TG-189th| Unkl
    ArmA 3 Game Officer
    Dean of Tactical Gamer University
    189th Infantry Brigade Member

SUBMIT A RIBBON NOMINATION OR CONTACT AN ARMA ADMIN

i'll post a rough plan soon, but in the mean time, lets try and promote this to get some more sign ups!

Comment

ROSTER UPDATED

Like i have said before...you all tell me you want organized well oiled events. Then get your butt over and sign up early so that your leaders can organize ahead of time. Pass it around through in-game, through steam....lets get this working the way it should. There is a lot of work from the mission maker, the admin team and our leader already put into this to get to this stage guys. I'd love to make you all an admin for a day because the results of all this work look easy...but there is a lot of behind the curtain stuff going on...and it is tedious work by a lot of people.

Thank you to all our mission makers, leaders and admins who help put these events together. You are all making a big contribution to our games and community.

This mission is going to be a blast. Scout always does a great job and so make sure we get everyone to visit this and sign up TODAY so that Browna has time to get a plan worked out. Thanks all!
      |TG-189th| Unkl
      ArmA 3 Game Officer
      Dean of Tactical Gamer University
      189th Infantry Brigade Member

SUBMIT A RIBBON NOMINATION OR CONTACT AN ARMA ADMIN

Comment

ok, heres the plan. I'll go into more detail further down, but a brief outline.
        Going to attempt the objectives in the following order:
        • Destroy Comms
        • Destroy Mobile arty
        • Destroy Bomb
        • Search and Destroy
        • Remains recovery
        I'm not into micro managing, so i'll leave the finer details of squad movement to the Squad leader/s

Destroy Coms

All units will load up into an UH-60 at base, from which we will fly out to Lz Trafalgar. once down alpha team will disembark and hold. The UH-60 will then continue to Lz Romeo. Platoon elements and Recon will disembark and move to the over watch position. Once in place, Alpha squad will begin to follow the road up towards the objective area. Over watch will initialy observe the area and mark down all threats seen. If Alpha squad is engaged at any point the over watch team will engage.

Alpha will then move into the target, once it is secure, platoon elements and recon will move in to allow the engineer to set charges on the tower. Once set, all unit will then move back towards Lz Trafalgar where the UH-60 will pick us up and either take us to the next objective or take us back to base to rearm.

The AH-6 will be on standby at the loiter marker and is available for CAS missions

Destroy Mobile arty

This will run in a similar fashion to the previous objective. Recon and Platoon will drop off at Lz Rick and move to the overwatch position. Alpha will be dropped off at Lz Morty. Alpha will move up along the road whilst Recon and Platoon observer the objective area. Once alpha has the objective area in sight overwatch will begin to engage whilst Alpha move up to secure the area. Once this is done Recon and Platoon will move into the area, the engineer will place the explosives and we will move to a pickup location not yet identified.

The AH-6 will loiter at Lz Morty and can be used for CAS Strikes.

After this objective is complete, we will RTB to rearm if we didn't after the first objective.

Last edited by browna3; 04-22-2017, 11:10 AM.

Comment

Destroy Bomb

for this objective, recon elements will join Alpha squad for the main assault on the target area.
          Platoon will be dropped off at Lz Mac, Alpha and Recon at Lz Cheese. Platoon will provide over watch. I expect this objective to be a little bit tougher, Alpha will move in and secure the area, making sure to check all the buildings for enemys/location of the bomb. Once the bomb has been found and the area is secure, platoon elements will move up to destroy the bomb. Once this is complete will will move to a pick up location to RTB or move to the next objective.

As before the AH-6 will loiter in the area for CAS

Search and Destroy

All units will disembark at Lz Thor and move north to the Over watch position, all units will hold here and observe the target area. From the overwatch position, Alpha and recon will move towards the target, If the overwatch position is unsuitable, platoon will follow behind Alpha for the assault. Once the area is cleared and the intel is found, we will RTB to rearm and deal with any new intel we may receive.

The AH-6 will loiter for CAS as in the previous objectives.

Remains Recovery

For the final objective, All untis will disembark at Lz Hobgoblin and move to the over watch position. We will observe the target town to try and establish the location of the BTR-80 and 2 armed Gaz's. Alpha and recon will then move towards the town with platoon providing overwatch. Once at the town, alpha and recon will begin moving building to building and clear the target area. If needed, platoon will move into the town to assist with the building sweeps. Once the area is clear and the remains have been recovered we will RTB for debrief.

As before, the AH-6 will loiter for any CAS requests.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
          X