Project Argo (Prototype) - Server is Up

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Project Argo (Prototype) - Server is Up

On June 22 we will get a new terrain for ArmA 3 which is a remake of Malden. This terrain is also featured in the Bohemia Incubator game, Argo. Take a look at the site for the Project Argo (Prototype). Yesterday morning I got the dedicated server files set up on our box and created a TeamSpeak channel for those who would like to check this out. It really provides a slick and smooth running version of ArmA but with very very fast game play.

Also on June 22nd, Project Argo will be released as a new and full title which will be free to play! It will then go by the simpler name, Argo. Pop by the server and bring a few friends. Let us know if you think it is something you would like to see here at TacticalGamer. My guess is that it might be very useful to develop some more TvT scenarios that are larger scale than the Argo 5 vs 5 matches. This would allow for longer games, more strategic battles and could provide a bridge for Argo players who develop a taste for ArmA 3.

Anywho, for now the Vanilla Welcome server is down while we run Project Argo and give you guys a chance to try it out and let us know what you think. It is very easy to just search for TacticalGamer.com in your server list for Project Argo as there are not a lot of servers as of yesterday morning.

|TG-189th| Unkl
    ArmA 3 Game Officer
    Dean of Tactical Gamer University
    189th Infantry Brigade Member

SUBMIT A RIBBON NOMINATION OR CONTACT AN ARMA ADMIN

I played this back when it first released last Nov and it wasn't terrible. I thought I'd give it another try today and ran into what I see as a serious problem in the developers choices. I joined a full server and was presented with a small selection of weapons to spawn with, an TRG-21, a MK-20C, a Protector (SMG), and/or a Vermin. Nice I thought, no worries about long range sniper types for this particular mission. BUT NO! Only I as a new guy was prevented from accessing high caliber rifles, optics, and body armor. I have to "level up" to unlock better gear. So people that have played extensively, and know the game flow and map really well already, *also* have better guns, optics, and armor. What a welcoming world for new players...

Anyway, that's my rant. I'll be around for the next several hours if anyone wants to try it out with me on the TG instance.
    Last edited by Noyava; 06-05-2017, 02:14 PM. Reason: I was WRONG about armor, its only cosmetic. no armor values in game.

Comment

I know that you need to play on the official servers in order to unlock additional weapons and items. I wonder if those items are also restricted on a non-official server such as ours.
      |TG-189th| Unkl
      ArmA 3 Game Officer

Comment

Did someone say TVT ? I'm in!
        May God have mercy upon my enemies, because I won’t.
        -- Gen. George S. Patton

|TG189th| Cody

Comment

I was wrong about armor. it doesnt really make much of a difference in game. My complaint about optics stands however.

Comment

Rudolf updated our server now that the full free game is out! It is up and running!

Argo Website
            |TG-189th| Unkl
            ArmA 3 Game Officer

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement