intro Mintaka medical

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [GUIDE] intro Mintaka medical

i wanted to put out some basic literature that will introduce us to the medical system for Mintaka.

My intention is to outline how the medical system will work, what gear is required to make it work and provide some basic guidance. consider this an orientation to ace basic medical.

__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________

Gear: Bandages, Blood Bags 250mls 500mls 1000mls, Morphine, and Epinephrine.
    • Medical interaction windows Key to use ACE interaction
      • H Key (if set up) for ACE medical menu
        1. On the top Left of the medical menu there will be an indication as to who is being worked on. You or a patient in front of you.
    • Vocabulary
      • Damage types in order of priority
        1. Bleeding - In a state of blood loss from one or more limbs
        2. Blood - Can only be applied from one player to another, cannot be self administered.
        3. Consciousness - Whether or not the patient is awake or not Medical Materials and First Aid.
        4. In Pain - In one of many increasingly symptomatic levels of pain
    • Medical Materials and First Aid​​​​​​​​​​​​​​
    1. Bandages - Stops bleeding, must be applied to bleeding limb.
    2. Blood - Refills a patient's blood supply. Select blood bag size based on description of blood loss. A ‘little’, ‘some’, and ‘a lot’ require 250 ml, 500 ml, and 1000 ml respectively.
    3. Morphine - Alleviates pain, must be administered in a limb
    4. Epinephrine - Used to resuscitate a patient from unconsciousness. Administer to limb after you have stopped their bleeding and blood levels have been brought back to tolerable levels, preferably only some blood loss or less as described by the Medical menu.
    5. If a patient has lost a lot of blood, make sure to replenish their blood supply before administering morphine. A patient can survive for a very long time while in pain, but not without performance limiting side effects.
    • Interaction Self Vs Patient
      • Outward (Patient) interaction is conducted through the ace interaction menu, limb by limb. (ACE interaction key) (Default WINDOWS Key)
      • Inward interaction is conducted through the self ace interaction menu, also limb by limb. ( ACE Self interaction key) (Default CTRL + WINDOWS Key)
    • Visual
      • Darker red: Prioritize section, heavy bleeding.
      • Red: Bleeding, prioritize when possible.
      • Yellow: Treat when possible, moderate bleeding.
      • White with yellow tint: Easy to miss so pay attention, if patient is conscious let them bandage themselves. Basically a bruise or twisted ankle.
      • White: No damage. Nice spot for morphine, epinephrine, or blood when required
    • Triage
      • Unconscious players take priority in terms of The Medic’s immediate attention.
      • Players who can treat themselves without assistance should do so.
      • If they’ve been incapacitated (unconscious), they’re in your world now. If they are still active (conscious) and capable of diagnosing and triaging themselves they should do so, so you aren’t wasting time that could be used to render care to more gravely wounded patients.
      • Remember your life is more important than anything else. You are special. You alone control the lives of those around you. Don’t lose yours being a hero.
    • Advice
      • In catastrophic situations, epinephrine may be administered before treatment has been rendered but this runs the risk of the patient lapsing back into unconsciousness.
      • Unconscious states may be temporary after such events as being shot and surviving a concussive blast.

thank you Irregulars for helping me put this together on short notice! -Sturdy
    Last edited by sturdy_guns; 05-18-2018, 03:11 AM.

"... Anyways that's how I lost my medical liscence!" -Corpsman Fenster while treating a patient.

But seriously, ACE is really cool in that support roles are kind of more exciting than being regular infantry.

Comment

Spot on fenster, it's not just a re-skin.

new game mechanics, new meta, new damage model, new physics.

we should all do a little homework familiarizing ourself with ace again if we want mintaka to be big sucsess.

Comment

Great intro. The people who worked on it must have been some of the best minds we have to offer here at TG!

Comment

There's also the thing where an EOD will go "It's disarmed!" and then *BOOM!*
          I've heard several stories and experienced it first hand.

Comment

Here is the eye candy version.

https://docs.google.com/drawings/d/1...it?usp=sharing

TGU Instructor · TG Pathfinder

Former TGU Dean · Former ARMA Admin · Former Irregulars Officer

"Do not seek death. Death will find you. But seek the road which makes death a fulfillment." - Dag Hammarskjold

Comment

Can you drag in ACE?

Comment

Yes, drag and carry are options. After playing as medic last night, I found that it could be quite neccessary to assign secondary and aidmen to assist the Medic for severe wounded. Stopping the bleeding can take a few bandages and if multiple extremities are leaking, a little help either bandaging or doing CPR might be useful. What do ya'll think?

Comment

I guess it'd depend on the number of players available.
                  But having a medic+assistant buddy team makes sense.
                  Also in terms of someone being able to cover the medic when needed without disrupting the rest of the squad.

Comment

All members of the squad will need to be trained on basic medical operation AND stragegy as we go forward. For some of us, this seems like basic "Combat Sense" but I must admit I forget that during times of mass casualty, I, as a soldier, am an extension of the medic. Finding the balance during those moments between "Must neutralize threat" and "Must consider medical emergency" is no easy task and only comes with practice.

sturdy_guns and I had kicked around the idea of a training simulation that starts with a well known scenario, the "CLEAR BACKBLAST!" scenario.

The training scenario would start with a squad who spawns and then is either the victim of a too close backblast or, as we saw in a recent mission, the result of splash damage from danger-close MK19(40 mm grenades) fire. The result would be over half the team going down with the exception of the medic.

In my opinion, the first iteration should not include enemy fire ontop of the initial casualty incident. Just get the players used to triage, what they can accomplish themselves and how to manage inventory. The second iteration would include direct enemy fire during the response, which would require the remaining members to ether A. Reorganize quickly to assist the medic by getting players stabilized and conscious, or B. Organize themselves into a medical unit, along with the medic, and conduct more than just triage.

The possibilities are exciting to think about for those of us who appreciate the challenge/detail-oriented response.

Current ARMA Development Project: No Current Project

"An infantryman needs a leader to be the standard against which he can judge all soldiers."

Friend of |TG| Chief

Comment

Originally posted by Dimitrius View Post
                      sturdy_guns and I had kicked around the idea of a training simulation that starts with a well known scenario, the "CLEAR BACKBLAST!" scenario.
                      They do over here but I think also in the US they have an assistant AT for anything other than disposables. In my country they have a continous exercise to be able to fire 10 rockets per minute safely. The clear backblast is a great general term, but the best one is to have another clear it for you.

Loader - "Loaded" (Irrelevant in arma, no proper buddy reload)
                      Gunner - "Firing"
                      Loader - "Clear back"

Even when someone does just simply call clear backblast we should try to reply to it.
                      Xorilliz's ArmA 3 TG Twitch - Current ArmA Pathfinder

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Xorilliz View Post
                        Even when someone does just simply call clear backblast we should try to reply to it.
                        If anyone has been in my squad or fireteam, I request they tell us if they are launching a rocket, missle or other projectile for the obvious reasons.

1. So that others are aware and can check that they are not in the way of the blast.
                        2. So that the team is expecting the resulting distant explosion. Combat awareness. Eliminates the "Who fired? Was that us or them? Alpha team was that you?!"

It would be neat if we had an AAT with a reloading role, maybe just a bit faster than a manual reload from the AT rifleman himself.

"An infantryman needs a leader to be the standard against which he can judge all soldiers."

Friend of |TG| Chief

Comment

Not trying to come away from the original thread topic. The safety callouts should be used. Whether it be; a "back clear", "firing", "Clear backblast", "fire", etc. The point of that, is to prevent any unnecessary situations, that everyone here will be aware of. ACE or no ACE, I believe it was/is still practised in our server.

As for when to have;
                          Finding the balance during those moments between "Must neutralize threat" and "Must consider medical emergency" is no easy task and only comes with practice."

Absolutely, as Dimi said. SOP is there to cover the situation in a broad scale. Naturally, there are more ways to determine which calls to make. However, for us here. We just need to be cognisant of the situation dealt, and mitigate any further chaos. Or rather, to manage chaos. That in essence is the definition of warfare, and everyone that falls into it.

Starting out with basic, protocols, SOPs (triage care in this case) is needed. Just like every branch in the world breaks all recruits down to an empty page to build them back up according to their branch requirements. Without it, there is no standardisation. There is no long term growth to be weighed, adjusted, in unison as it should with such organisations.

TGU Instructor · TG Pathfinder

Former TGU Dean · Former ARMA Admin · Former Irregulars Officer

"Do not seek death. Death will find you. But seek the road which makes death a fulfillment." - Dag Hammarskjold

Comment

Originally posted by LowSpeedHighDrag View Post
                            Starting out with basic, protocols, SOPs (triage care in this case) is needed.

Friend of |TG| Chief

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                            X