It awful quiet around here . . . .

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It awful quiet around here . . . .

Now that I' am back from my tiny surgery (triple bypass) and feeling more up to playing (but oddly falling asleep at the keyboard). I though I'd get the game back up to date as well as the MODs and see what you guys were up to today (Redacted Thursday) or tomorrow (Friday Night Fights).

Hit me up here and let's start forming fire-teams and squads for some ArmA fun.

Talk to you all soon,

Solo

Welcome back.

Current ARMA Development Project: No Current Project

"An infantryman needs a leader to be the standard against which he can judge all soldiers."

Friend of |TG| Chief

Comment

Having me some morning games before I head out now and then. Not able to get on later...but still kickin' :)
      |TG189| Unkl
      ArmA 3 Admin
      189th Infantry Brigade Member
      SUBMIT A RIBBON NOMINATION OR CONTACT AN ARMA ADMIN
      "Tactics in action can not exist if there is no action." - Scout

Comment

Hello gents,

its been many years since I was kicking around here and have most certainly missed the community massively. Shame to see it so quiet. Hoping to spark up old ties and get some major gaming done with you all again!
        WE HAVE YOU COVERED

sigpic

Comment

Where have all the young men gone❓

Comment

ChiefBoatsRet you young whippersnapper . . . . . good to see you about. Hope all is well.

Comment

I am still kicking too. Have not had any chance to game or dev lately but around and lingering.

Comment

Hey, it has been quite. If you are tuned in, TG Arma is running an ACE Hearts and Minds- Altis server instance this weekend. If you are around join us. No password. ACE MODS, TFAR, RHS required.

Comment

RHS / ACE Compats?

Comment

Yes

Comment

So installed discord again and it is a whole thing in there. A lot of the convo and meet up plans are moving to that platform rather than here. I guess because it is easier to see discord on a mobile device people prefer it to the forums. I am a desktop kinda guy but I guess have to adapt.

Comment

Ya, I guess I will have to make the unfortunate trip to "The Facebook" of comms around here. Really don't want to get all that "Noise" when I'm not hanging out with you guys, but maybe there is a way to minimize the mindless chatter. Sigh, Social media is so NOT social. Thanks Hedge for the heads up.

Comment

Hey guys. Discord has plenty of ways to turn off notifications for stuff you don't want to get bothered by. You can mute channels etc. Or change it so you only get pinged when someone tags you.
                          |TG-Irr| FireforEffect
                          TG Arma Pathfinder

Brothers In Arms

Comment

Discord works brilliantly for people who want to stay in regular touch with their Community. Obviously if you don't want notifications from it at all, don't install it. If you don't want notifications on your phone, don't install it on your phone. Works like any other software.

The forums provide a better platform for detailed discussion as they are less fluid, by that I mean good posts don't just scroll away.

As regards general chatter, well, that's kind of the point with Discord, limited by channel and topic. However you only get notifications when someone pings all users in a channel or the server as a whole and that is somewhat restricted by role, not everyone can ping everyone. However the ping all/ping channel function is really useful for Administrators as it means we can reach the Community members who do want to stay in touch and up to date, quickly, easily and yes from a mobile device with ease (that's not new lol, we can type forum posts on our phones obviously).

The forums aren't going anywhere, though they are in desperate need of an update, neither is TS. Discord is just another way for invested TG members to communicate.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                            X