need help with IEDs

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [INFO] need help with IEDs

we are faced with a new threat on our hearts and minds mission the faceless enemy (IEDs)

so basically this post is just to brain storm how we could best combat this threat. off the top of my head i think there are a few things one could do tactically, to minimize the threat such as...

-staying off roads
    -marking possible IEDs on map(even if its an unconfirmed IED)
    -moving in smaller teams to avoid wipes (especially in vics)
    ied.jpg
    further more i really need yalls help with identifying what ACE gear works best for detecting IEDs
    -what gear
    -what range
    -what do we need to defuse it

also i heard low flying aircraft are vulnerable to IEDs? lol is this true ?

anyhow share your ACE knowledge here so we can pass it on.

Once ID'd mark on map and announce over element wide comms.

The best defuse and no boom boom rate tools consists of vanilla mine sweeper, defuse kit, and tool kit.
    (The reason for vanilla sweeper is it automatically picks up ordinance in range and you don't have to whip it out like a selfie stick.)

The sweeper will start beeping at a low pace when about 20 meters away and increase when getting close.

There is an ACE interaction dot in the middle of whatever your checking. Windows key/check to see if IED. If yes, repeat ACE interaction and it will give you a defuse option. Similar to replacing a wheel. If NO, then walk away.

(And if your OLeary then good luck lol)

Unknown about low flying aircraft.
    |TG-Irr| FireforEffect
    TG Arma Pathfinder

Brothers In Arms

Comment

I think staying off roads is effective in avoiding most IED's but it also is part of the mission to be removing those IED's.

I may be wrong but I think one of the ideas behind H&M is removing threats to civilians and civilian structures. When an IED takes out buildings that are set off due to our presence this doesn't help our cause.

I guess as a mission perspective how we are deploying our teams so that we are addressing the stated mission needs to be balanced with the player action. EOD and civilian interaction needs to be supported by infantry security. This means our interpreter needs to be geared up light and given good over watch. The EOD should be up front in all movements along road ways.

Now mostly I've seen players going on random patrols to get intel and find hideouts and caches. But there are the side mission too which I haven't participated in much yet so wanna explore that some more still.

As far as ACE goes, it's as simple as FireforEffect has explained it. The EOD role has a much greater chance of defusing explosives even though anyone can attempt a defusal with a toolkit. I'm not so sure the defusal kit is required but it may be.
      |TG189| Unkl
      ArmA 3 Admin
      189th Infantry Brigade Member
      SUBMIT A RIBBON NOMINATION OR CONTACT AN ARMA ADMIN
      "Tactics in action can not exist if there is no action." - Scout

Comment

good stuff i didnt know that removing IEDs helps with our reputation with civis

Comment

Originally posted by sturdy_guns View Post
          good stuff i didnt know that removing IEDs helps with our reputation with civis
          I didn't either, I'll make sure to keep this in mind as we go forward.

Current ARMA Development Project: No Current Project

"An infantryman needs a leader to be the standard against which he can judge all soldiers."

Friend of |TG| Chief

Comment

Spot the threat.
            Secure the site.
            Cordon off any traffic.
            Call up your Juggernaut dude.
            He radios all clear.
            Prepare to move.
            Allow the traffic to continue.
            Mount up/resume patrol formation.
            Rinse & repeat.

I think the over arching intent from the top (mission maker), is to win the locals "heart's and minds" ergo...not causing any unnecessary destruction of civilian assets. Which in turn will earn "us" a higher reputation level. Which equates to them giving us a better "intel" if the opportunity allows. That mission wasn't made to level the whole street to clear one IED.

I believe there is a setting (mission parameter) prior to launching the mission too. You could play with that to suit the commanders play of the day.

TGU Instructor TG Pathfinder

Former TGU Dean Former ARMA Admin Former Irregulars Officer

"Do not seek death. Death will find you. But seek the road which makes death a fulfillment." - Dag Hammarskjold

Comment

"Call up your Juggernaut dude."

Look all I'm saying is, if we could add that special EOD gear for ONLY EOD that would be awesome lol

Also well put buddy.
              |TG-Irr| FireforEffect
              TG Arma Pathfinder

Brothers In Arms

Comment

Originally posted by LowSpeedHighDrag View Post
                Spot the threat.
                Secure the site.
                Cordon off any traffic.
                Call up your Juggernaut dude.
                He radios all clear.
                Prepare to move.
                Allow the traffic to continue.
                Mount up/resume patrol formation.
                Rinse & repeat.
                that is definitely the right way to do it but i wouldn't expect players to do this for ever possible IED.

id be satisfied with just securing site
                calling up the EOD role

i also noticed civis walking and even driving right by IEDs do not let this give you false sense of security.

Comment

Originally posted by sturdy_guns View Post

i also noticed civis walking and even driving right by IEDs do not let this give you false sense of security.
                  you can signal them to stop from pretty far away using ace self interaction, unless they are hostile due to bad reputation that is
                  Xorilliz's ArmA 3 TG Twitch - Current ArmA Pathfinder

sigpic

Comment

If your reputation is good with civilians, you can ask them for a lift and they can drive you to a location of your choice on the map. Uber H & M

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                    X